General Front strut brace

Currently reading:
General Front strut brace

chrisxr2

I have a 1242 mpi Cinquecento , i was just wondering if anyone knows how to fit the frontstrut brace. I cannot get mine to fit as there are two small inlet outlet pipes on the engine that just get in the way. I was wondering if any other Cinquecento have had this same issue at all and if so how you worked round it. Cheers in advance. Will put some pics up if people dont know about the little pipes i am on about. It fits fine upside down but i dont think it is doing the job at all unless i have other handling issues, or maybe Cinques arent designed to corner at those speeds to start with. Thanks in advance.

The pipe arrowed is attatched to the wee brass looking pipes which extrude about an inch from the engine block. Would i be able to put nuts on the strut brace mounting without altering the integrity of the strutbrace, assuming it will still fit under the bonnet.

Attachments

• 18072007048.jpg
    18072007048.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 20
I would have thought that a complete flush fit against the body around the strut top helps reduce strain on the bolts?

Maybe you could fit an MPi Sei brace as they seem to offer more clearance?

Here's a link showing a pic of mine fitted to my Sei, note the flaked off paint where I originally fitted over the coolant reservoir bracket (hence why the braket had been trimmed...

https://www.fiatforum.com/showpost.php?p=917428&postcount=36

Last edited:
It fits fine upside down but i dont think it is doing the job at all unless i have other handling issues, or maybe Cinques arent designed to corner at those speeds to start with. Thanks in advance.

Just re-read this, out of interest what are you hoping to get from fitting it?

Smiler, am hoping to get the improvements in handling others have experienced with a strut brace, The front end does not feel spot on when cornering. As i said maybe thats how cinques are but it can do no harm.

Smiler, am hoping to get the improvements in handling others have experienced with a strut brace, The front end does not feel spot on when cornering. As i said maybe thats how cinques are but it can do no harm.

They can be made to handling pretty well but never gonna be as good as a proper handling car eg Clio cup,etc

Although even without them handling the best you get confidence in knowing where it's gonna end up going and adjust to suit normally straight on lol

Strutbraces don't have dramatic effect in-corner however they make the car feel more controlled & confident while changing direction. What changes in terms of suspension & tyre/wheel have been made?

Re: current altersations to suspension/ handling are,

lowered 30mm all round on h&r springs.
white compomotive mo 14" alloys with 195-45-14 rubber.

Back