General Injection pump timing.

Currently reading:
General Injection pump timing.

Its gotta go

After what seems like a lifetime (reality 4 months) of trying to breath life into my unconscious Ducato i am now checking the injection pump timing. Has anyone heard of a case of the woodruff key on the injection pump shaft failing/sheering? The reason i ask is that none of the two marks on the pump pully align vertically (autodata says this is the correct position). Autodata also fails to mention that there are two marks on the pully, 1 orange (same as the camshaft pully) and 1 white, they are about 30 degrees apart. Can anyone shed any light on the 2 marks and their reason? Have also checked the injection pump piston measurement and this is also incorrect, it reads 1.95mm instead of the .80mm stated in Autodata. Am i missing something obvious here? They whole episode is even stranger considering that this vehicle was parked with no engine problems at all and it never started again, this was back in March!

Sorry, the whole episode has turned my brain to mush. It is the 1.9Td, its a 97/98 model, engine 230 A3-000.

Back