General cure for the bounce!

Currently reading:
General cure for the bounce!

andy_avast

I just got the new issue of EVO through the door and flicked to the rear pages where they have a 100HP in their Fast Fleet. The guy who drives it wrote about a company called Cobra suspension who are supplying him with a set of springs to (hopefully) cure the pogo style ride. If they work, I'm buying a set (my girlfriend would be so happy :eek: ) Anyone else excited at the prospect of a smoother ride in the panda?

Just be wary of suspension kits - they may lose the bounce but I've found from personal experience that lowerings springs, adjustable shocks, etc. tend to give you a much firmer ride.......and there ain't too many smooth roads out there - believe me.;)

I'm aware using any old lowering springs with OEM dampers is rarely a beneficial upgrade, but using a set of springs which have been properly developed for the car to provide a more supple ride (without detriment to the handling) would be awesome, no? I sometimes feel that awkward mid-corner bumps unsettle the panda a little, perhaps a revised spring kit would lessen these effects.
I will be interested in what the author of the article I mentioned reports:)
Oh, and it's nice to see another scottish 100HP owner, we are few and far between it seems.(y)

It says nothing about lowering in the EVo article. It says they are simply replacement springs with the std shocks. We'll see what Evo think when they get some.

It doesn't bother me either. Well, not on normal day to day use.

Speed bumps are where I feel it. I have to go over at least 2 every day!!

can't say the bumpiness bothers me that much to want to alter the suspension, I'd say its about the same as the Ibiza I'm driving at the moment

It doesn't bother me that much either, but if reports suggest they smooth the ride a little AND improve the handling/stability of the car... well, doesn't everyone want a more comfortable, better handling car?! :)

It doesn't bother me either. Well, not on normal day to day use.

Speed bumps are where I feel it. I have to go over at least 2 every day!!

Me to Tom.......only mine are the pillow type so I just drive between them.:devil: ;)

certainly. those little changes really improve the feel of the car. One can feel so much more from the front wheels, and good heel-toe downshifts are possible with the sharpened throttle response. I find its better to switch it off in town, because the throttle is a little too sharp for stop-start driving, but that is just preference.

100hp improved road comfort?

Flicking through Septembers EVO magazine i noticed they have a 100hp test car and have turned to Cobra for possible improved suspension and say they will see if it helps. Has anyone else tried or considered a different setup for suspension? I've heard some aftermarket stuff is really good. Just for those times when your in a relaxing journey mood. 100HP's suspension isn't terrible but that little bit extra would go so far on the happiness scale! If it stops me getting wound up on my duff roads its gotta be worth it! Also i commented a while ago that i was thinking of going to slightly thicker profile tyres next time to see if that softens things slightly, has anyone had theirs long enough to try different tyres yet and with better results? Oh and yes i think the goodyears are amazing but no harm in asking!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the bounce. Without it I would be lost.The car handles like a dream bouncing being part of the fun.If it didn't bounce then I would not be Happy.Got your Panda yet HP? :confused:

I agree it's usless to eliminate the bounce. After all, bounce is Panda, Panda is bounce, and all this is so funny and enjoyable. :yum:

Back