alfa section

Currently reading:
alfa section

jug

blessed are the apostates
we've got a section for everything except dog juggling and paper eating so why isnt there an alfa romeo section? unlike many recently added sections, alfas are actually cars and they're designed and made by fiat, so its perfectly relevant to this forum. an alfa section is just an extension to the fiat range we currently cover. i'm not suggesting a different section for each model, just a single alfa section to gauge interest and see how many people we get.

alfas share a lot of the same parts and problems with their fiat cousins so the knowledge on the forum will be useful. also there's no alfa forum that is as good as fiatforum (imo). i'm sure many FF members move on to an alfa after thier fiat, and then they've got nowhere to go. an alfa section will let these people stay on FF without feeling like 'cling ons'.

what's everyone else's opinion on an alfa section?

I know I've always thought about the next car being a 156 GTA if the money was available. 3.2 obviously! ;)

But what about maybe if if their was just another model section for other marques as opposed to just Alfas.

I know the one in LL isn't the best place for technical info but another sub section with the normal Fiat models could be of use to quite a few members. Granted most will be Alfas but it would then be open to even those members that chose french cars! :(
:p

what do you mean another model section?we have lets talk fiat,non fiat and other fiat models

Was meaning something for the technical questions and stuff. Maybe sitting below Fiat commercial. That sort of thing.
The one in LL is great for general chit chat on other cars but if someone was wanting to post questions of a serious mechanical nature they could maybe use the new proposed section.
It's just an idea, always feel its better to let them out than keep them in. :)

yeah i want somewhere for serious technical discussion, the non-fiat section in leisure lounge isnt really suitable for that.

i guess it would do the trick if the non-fiat section was taken out of LL and divided into general, technical and styling, and also placed with the other car related sections (under fiat commercials is a good suggestion).

i always thought it was weird having the non-fiat section within LL, what have non-fiat car related topics got to do with general chat? it suggests LL is for fiat related chat, but thats what "let's talk fiat" is for.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't have an issue with an Alfa Romeo/Lancia forum. Not sure where it would fit in with the current forum.. maybe as a section below Fiat Commercials called Fiat Group?

There you can discuss Alfa, Lancia, Ferrari, Maseratti, Iveco, Magnetti Marelli, CNH Global...

FIAT forum ;)

exactly, FIAT, as in Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino, the company that own Alfa, and design and manufacture Alfa's cars. Alfas are just fiats with a different badge on and improved styling.

its not like i'm suggesting a computing section or an imaging section or something equally unrelated to fiat, or even cars. :p

maybe it would be better to have the section under "other fiats", it could be named "other fiat group brands" or similar.

Last edited:
exactly, FIAT, as in Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino, the company that own Alfa, and design and manufacture Alfa's cars. Alfas are just fiats with a different badge on and improved styling.

its not like i'm suggesting a computing section or an imaging section or something equally unrelated to fiat, or even cars. :p

maybe it would be better to have the section under "other fiats", it could be named "other fiat group brands" or similar.

people struggle enough to post in the section for the fiats they drive ;)

can't wait for these babies to start cluttering up the forum.....

1982_n12_arna.jpg

I think Jug has a point. I can see the Mrs's next car being an alfa 147 which would have a lot more to do with Fiat than computers, gaming, imaging... etc.

As said - a model by model subsection isn't wanted.. Just a "Fiat Group" section to include all FIAT products that don't have their own section.

Until then I guess you should use https://www.fiatforum.com/other-fiats/

Fiat form (as already has been mentioned) should be as it says FIAT.

Theres plenty of decent alfa sites/forums & lets not forget Alfa are trying to distant themselves from Fiat....they even demand seperate seating for fiat/alfa customers in garages!!! Fiat customers get paper cups while alfa demand their customers get crockery...no wonder dealers are dumping alfa!

Back