Technical Juddering Clutch,Has anyone actually managed to cure it??

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering Clutch,Has anyone actually managed to cure it??

Randy

Has anyone actually managed to cure the juddering clutch (when setting off in 1st)

I`ve had it from new and it seems to do it when it feels like it. Not a nice feelin :mad:

Will you tell us what you have dont already to try and cure the problem :)

Sounds like a lumpy clutch plate. If so, you can't really cure it without a clutch change. A lumpy clutch is usually due to a hard lump of ferrous material that has found its way into the mould process when the plates were made.

Other reasons include oil contamination (suggesting a gearbox leak), water contamination (if the car has sat for a while).

Be worthwhile sliding the clutch a bit more than often to see if you can wear the impurity out.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Sounds like a lumpy clutch plate. If so, you can't really cure it without a clutch change. A lumpy clutch is usually due to a hard lump of ferrous material that has found its way into the mould process when the plates were made.

Other reasons include oil contamination (suggesting a gearbox leak), water contamination (if the car has sat for a while).

Be worthwhile sliding the clutch a bit more than often to see if you can wear the impurity out.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

You covered most bases there lobby (y)

Last edited:
Hey, mine has just starting doing this, I haven't been able to deduct if it's the clutch, or brake stick as it only does it on first use after it's been standing for a day or two ???

Hey, mine has just starting doing this, I haven't been able to deduct if it's the clutch, or brake stick as it only does it on first use after it's been standing for a day or two ???

We did tell you to fit the brake pads yourself :D

Will you tell us what you have dont already to try and cure the problem :)

Will now more ourselves when the poster replies I read it as a manual gearbox with clutch but it could be the silly speed and if it is then I think he will need the actuator reset and sillyspeed fluid changed ..dealer job tho that :)

Guys, it`s a 5 speed Manual.. 1.6 Dynamic 3-door (`52 plate)

It`s been doing it since i`ve had it.. about 30k miles (It`s only don 35k). Does it about 3 or 4 times a week. Apart from the Judder, it`s probably the worsed `feeling` clutch i`ve ever experienced... and I drive on average 40 different cars per week.

I haven`t tried anything to cure it yet, cos i`ve a feeling its nothing I can fix.

Guys, it`s a 5 speed Manual.. 1.6 Dynamic 3-door (`52 plate)

It`s been doing it since i`ve had it.. about 30k miles (It`s only don 35k). Does it about 3 or 4 times a week. Apart from the Judder, it`s probably the worsed `feeling` clutch i`ve ever experienced... and I drive on average 40 different cars per week.

Most likely the only cure is a new clutch. Nothing wrong with mine apart from it's a bit weak i.e. easy to initiate slipping. Always smooth pulling away and gearchanging, no probs hill starts and crawling so it works fine. But it heats up fast if you're doing a quick pull away:D

Back