Technical Doblo Cargo 1.9D Coolant is a creamy brown Colour???

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo Cargo 1.9D Coolant is a creamy brown Colour???

Psytek

Hi Peeps,

I have just Upgraded From a cincquencento P Reg to a Doblo Cargo 1.9D 51Reg and wow! what a difference!- I was checking all the fluid levels today and noticed the coolant/antifreeze is a creamy brown colour and the coolant reservior is all stained making it hard to see the min & max. Should it be like this? - also the window wipers only work on highspeed and manual??? Anybody know as to what the problems might be, and how to resolve?

Any feedback greatly appreciated...

Hi Psytek

Wipers: sorry can't offer any help other than a visual check of the cables going to the wiper motor.

Coolant: Sounds like it could be contaminated. When Mrs_G's Doblo was suffering from coolant loss/overheating the guy that does all our servicing used a kit to test a sample of the coolant. It shows if there are any combustion products in the coolant from a blown cylinder head. Might be a good first move.

When I first got my Doblo the coolant was the same colour and the bottle was also stained. Two years and 140,000 miles later its still the same and I have had no problems so I would not worry.

Coolant: You may want to get it checked to be on the safe side!

Wipers: The contacts within the stalk itself may have worn away, check all wiring first then replace the stalk.

Welcome to the Doblo forum (y)

Many thanks for your reply's - Gonna put in for a full service and get the glow plugs changed aswell as I have just noticed that glow plug light is staying on for a while after start up... - Hope this is all it needs...

I will let you all know of the outcome

Cheers!

P.s Can anyone recommend a spare parts source for Fiat Doblos as I am having trouble finding a new lock/lock mechanism for rear doors as they are not locking?

Hi Peeps,

I have just Upgraded From a cincquencento P Reg to a Doblo Cargo 1.9D 51Reg and wow! what a difference!- I was checking all the fluid levels today and noticed the coolant/antifreeze is a creamy brown colour and the coolant reservior is all stained making it hard to see the min & max. Should it be like this? - also the window wipers only work on highspeed and manual??? Anybody know as to what the problems might be, and how to resolve?

Any feedback greatly appreciated...

Problem with wipers is probably kontakts in releys.
Check out how I solved the problem in (wiper problem) in the forum.

My head gasket has just been done on my Punto JTD and the coolant issues seem the same as mine. If it is the head gasket make sure to get the head skimmed and get new head bolts. Have you tried draining the coolant and putting fresh stuff in to see if the problem re-occurs? Have you tried draining the coolant and putting fresh stuff in to see if the problem re-occurs?

went to Fiat Dealership today, and was quoted 90 quid + VAT just to hook it up to their computer to see why it is flashing! And then if it is just the glow plugs needing replacement, this would be be a further 280 quid + VAT! - Is it me or does that sound a bit steep...

Might just get a set off ebay for 20 quid, and have a go myself, assuming that is why it is flashing...

Back