Technical hot start problem - little tubes

Currently reading:
Technical hot start problem - little tubes

coteaux

I'd really love a definitive answer to the "my car won't stop if I run it for a while and then stop for 15 minutes" problem. I've seen a good dozen solutions to this (roll along in gear before starting, jiggle wires, gently rock car, sacrifice chicken, etc.) - the best sounding was the replacement of the little tubes that run from the air filter and the blower-thing to the carb, but that hasn't worked for me.

There are two inlets at the carb - would that be for hot and cold air? And I vaguely remember at some point that the car spit out some of those little black tubes *with a T adapter* and my mechanic currently has the tubes connected to the car without a T. I imagine that this is to send two sources to the same port (would that be hot or cold? Right or left?)

Does anyone know exactly where and how the carb is connected by those tubes to whatever?

Gerry

I once read that an Audi had a similar problem, and someone diagnosed it as a faulty fuel pump relay. Briefly, the idea was that the fuel pump would be wired such that it runs only if oil pressure was above some level, and thus in the case of an accident, the oil pressure would drop and the fuel pump would stop, thus cutting off an eventual source of fuel for a fire in the wreck. The fuel pump relay would serve to run the fuel pump during ignition when the oil pressure was insufficient to trigger the pump. Does any of that make any sense to you all?

Back