Fitting remote central locking and alarm to Punto Mk2

Currently reading:
Fitting remote central locking and alarm to Punto Mk2

I've bought a universal remote central locking and alarm kit off of eBay and have decided to try and fit it myself.

I looked in the Alarm Wiring Information thread which is a sticky in this forum, and found this post by dave: https://www.fiatforum.com/showpost.php?p=1088361&postcount=5

I was just wondering if it is best to drop the fusebox so that I can access it easier, if so what is the best way of doing this on a Mk2 Punto?

Also, what is the best way of connecting wire to the pins on the connectors in the fusebox? :confused:

I've never done anything like this before so any help is appreciated. :eek:

Thanks for that dave, that's cleared some things up. (y)

Was just wondering what the last part of your post meant, the door protection part. It says to check the panel version? Or should I just use the basic version? :confused: :eek:

Just wondering if someone can help me, I've started to label the wiring harness that came with the remote central locking kit and have labeled most of it but I am stuck on the last few wires.

The wiring diagram says that there should be a White/Black wire that opens the doors (CDL Unlock), but there isn't a White/Black wire on the wiring harness.

The only wires left are blue, pink, green, yellow and orange. Any ideas? :confused:

I have attached a wiring diagram to this post in case it helps. :)

The kit is made by Rightclick by the way.

Attachments

• RCL Wiring Diagram.jpg
    RCL Wiring Diagram.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 1,612
dont go by colours, go by pin numbers
I was going to, but the wires in the wiring harness are in completely different places to the wiring diagram.

For example the red (continuous power) and the black (ground) wire are pin numbers 9 and 7 on the diagram, but on the actual harness that was supplied with the kit they are pin numbers 5 and 2. :confused:

the CDL wires will react if you just run a ground to them., just get a spare piece of wire and attach it to the metal chassis and then tap it off the remaining wires and see which ones react to it., dont hold it on though, just tap it on and off and it will trigger them.,

Are these kits easy to fit to a five door Mk1?

I'm not a complete novice and used to do well in my physics exams :D I had the ability to wire in my amp and sub so should I be able to wire in one of these kits?

yeah you shouldnt have any problems,. its pretty simple to do, it can get a little confusing when trying to explain how to wire them to the alarm though,.

Back