Styling Sub has been fitted!

Currently reading:
Styling Sub has been fitted!

Hey all, finally have a sub sorted! Its my birthday this wednesday, so my girlfriend took me down halfords and we bought a sub..well she did for me :D

Awww.. how sweet.. :yuck:

I hope my girlfriend would do something like that for me too :p

Sounds good mate. Very nice of the girlfriend. Id like to look at doing an install at some point but its not high on my priorities at the minute. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Rich

nope i just wired mine throught the rubber gromet it was a bit of a squeeze and fiddle but was fine!

You'll have to excuse the wires and the rubbish, it was raining and didnt have time to finish it off by placing the wires underneath the carpet.

Attachments

• 01072007.jpg
    01072007.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 01072007(001).jpg
    01072007(001).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 46
soooo, its possible to wire a amp/sub into the existing head unit? as long as its got the 2 phono jacks im sure its ok. did you also need to wire a power control cable in so the sub turns on when the car does?

ok...here we go. live goes to battery earth to earth, I attached mine to the boot clip. to plug the sub into the standard headunit, your sub much have what is known as a high level input plug, which has four wires, a + and a - for each speaker, left and right, whether you plug these into your rear speakers or front speakers is at your choice. i wired these directly into the rear of the headunit plugs. and obviously your remote wire.

so, in conclusion, it is possible to wire a sub to the standard headunit, as long as you have the high level input plugs. taadaah. any other questions lol

it was quite a shame, it missed fitting in lengthways on the side by about a centimeter if that,

Im surprised thats all it was, it looks much bigger than that. Maybe because the pics at an angle. Im sure it sounds great though and if you dont use your boot then you might as well put something in it eh, :D .

Rich

Im surprised thats all it was, it looks much bigger than that. Maybe because the pics at an angle. Im sure it sounds great though and if you dont use your boot then you might as well put something in it eh, :D .

Rich

Exactly. I was thinking that, but you'd be suprised how close it got to fitting in length ways. And the thing is when you workin on racing cars, you dont need to take your whole tool kit, obviously i do have a toolkit but depending on whether I'm on rally cars or single seaters I take my tools accordingly in a metal case.

Interesting. Yeah exactly, if you know your unlikely to need that sort of space then it doesnt matter. For me the space is too important so ill make do with my factory fitted Sub.

Rich

ok...here we go. live goes to battery earth to earth, I attached mine to the boot clip. to plug the sub into the standard headunit, your sub much have what is known as a high level input plug, which has four wires, a + and a - for each speaker, left and right, whether you plug these into your rear speakers or front speakers is at your choice. i wired these directly into the rear of the headunit plugs. and obviously your remote wire.

so, in conclusion, it is possible to wire a sub to the standard headunit, as long as you have the high level input plugs. taadaah. any other questions lol
what do you mean by this? are you connecting the sub up to origonal speakers in the car?

what do you mean by this? are you connecting the sub up to origonal speakers in the car?

yes basically, but it only picks up the bass notes. Cant really go into this is much detail as I dont know the full workings of that. there has been confusion of whether you can plug the sub into the standard head unit, and basically to do this you need these high level input plugs. which is what alex_gregory_uk must of had.

Last edited:
Back