General Uno Turbo springs

Currently reading:
General Uno Turbo springs

Slinkylinks

Does any one know if the springs from a series 1 uno turbo are any lower than the ones on a 1988 uno 60? I have a 60 and the springs in it are anoyingly high and the body of the car rolls around horibly when cournering, I'm a poor student so I cant afford to get new springs that are properly low, but I've been offered springs and shocks from a series 1 turbo for **** cheap. any thoughts?

Cheers!

they should fit on mate and it will sit a little lower. prob only about 20mm tho. i'd just save up for a set of proper springs for ur uno :)

hope this helps

Dunc

uno%20sig%20pic.JPG
Standing 1/4 mile at Santa Pod - 14.63 @ 94.57mph

Cheers Dunc,

I recon I'll put them on for the time being, they really are quite cheap, and it'll stop the car from looking so bloody stupid, lol.
I'm saving for a 1600 tipo engine for my uno at the moment, it should move it along fairly quickly :)

The springs will prob drop it 20mm at the back but only 10mm at the front

The Turbo engine is heavier and the springs have to take a bigger load over the front axle so they make Turbo springs a bit longer to accomodate for this

But if your going to fit a Tipo engine then it will be fine. Does a Tipo engine fit quite easily then? Id hav thought things like engine mounts, radiator, etc wouldnt have been in the right place/would hav to be moved? And would u not hav to install an anti roll bar?

<font color="black">Pics of my Uno are on my homepage, see User Profile.</font id="black">

I'm told (by a fiat wrecker, www.fiatparts.co.nz ) that the only differnce is the stroke length, so all the mounts are exactly the same. I'd be quite keen to get hold of a Tipo 1900cc dohc engine, but I'm inclined to think that they'd use different mounts, but you never know ;). I might have to install an anti-roll bar though, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Back