Technical Rear disc conversion - drawings/fabrication help

Currently reading:
Technical Rear disc conversion - drawings/fabrication help

I'm looking to do a Punto GT rear disc conversion on my Sei. However I don't have a rear calliper mount from which to get the mounts made up. If anyone has a drawing for one to be made up or even better knows someone who has made them up in the past I'd be grateful for any information passed on.

Custard, the faq is nice but that drawing doesn't give all the information to make up a set my self.

no, but if you wanted to make a set you could use that drawing - a cento drum plate and caliper mount from a punto GT. that is what i sent to Jordan who made my mounts for me.

He also says we get i get a slight discount if i get two sets made up ;) Interested POWL?

My "GT" brakes get fitted on the fronts on the weekend as long as the pads/discs arrive in time...the rears are a wip, but if i get the mounts, i have no excuse then.

PM if interested :D

Kristian

LOL, someone PM Jordan, maybe we can start a group buy sticky?? See who's interested? I'm sure as with anything, costs come down as quantity goes up.

For anyone interested we are talking the £60-70 mark, CNC'd and painted....but for a true price you need to speak to the man ;)

Kristian

Well I'm interested in 2 sets, so that's a total of 5 sets so far.

I PMed Jordan and have yet to get a response :bang:, hence me wanting to make my own.

Well both Red & Yellow has their MOTs in 3 months. Problem is red isn't even close to passing on the rear brakes (reqs drums, shoes & handbrake activation leavers, not to mention one of mount plates is rotten) so sorting out the rear brakes is high on my list of things needed urgently.

One thing to add, it has been mentioned to me that the mounts made for arc prevented bleeding of the rear calipers properly as the bleed nipple isn't the highest point of the caliper. Now for StoneNewt's rear conversion they mounted the calipers at -60 degrees not -90 (as on arc's mounting plates) this made sure that the bleed nipple the is highest point.

StoneNewt uses a 2 pot 'dragster style' caliper, radial mount iirc, and the design has very little relevance to the PGT rear caliper mounting. Also the problem he has was slightly different, the caliper was designed to be mounted around the range of (-)45 to (-)70 degrees else the tops of cylinders were above the bleed nipple. I believe everything was supplied in a one off kit that cost a small fortune.

As for the PGT mounting not a clue on the caliper orientation.

my calipers sit vertical. i don't know how they sit on an actual PGT. i would've thought the bleed valve would be at the top.

on mine the bleed valve aint at the top, the brake line is. the mounts are exactly as i asked jordan to make, i think if i were to get another set made though i would look into rotating the caliper so that when mounted, the bleed nipple was at the highest point. i'm not sure if that is even possible though, and this design has been used on a few cars and it works fine. (i've not bled my brakes yet though)

ain't hindsight a great thing!

Attachments

• caliper_rear (Medium).jpg
    caliper_rear (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF3318 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF3318 (Medium).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 33
on mine the bleed valve aint at the top, the brake line is. the mounts are exactly as i asked jordan to make, i think if i were to get another set made though i would look into rotating the caliper so that when mounted, the bleed nipple was at the highest point. i'm not sure if that is even possible though, and this design has been used on a few cars and it works fine. (i've not bled my brakes yet though)

Just make sure your bleed hose is the highest point :D, and whack in a Non-Return Valve for good measure

my calipers sit vertical. i don't know how they sit on an actual PGT. i would've thought the bleed valve would be at the top.

ain't hindsight a great thing!

Figured I'd ask the Punto guys, ended up that Custard posted a pic that may help?

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-tec...ting-their-cento-gt-rear-discs.html?p=1152380

Back