General Stilo Vs. Pheasant...

Currently reading:
General Stilo Vs. Pheasant...

...I won of course, but the little bleeder took my front number plate out and dented in my lovely ally mesh grille...t*sser, hope it died slowly. The really bizzarre thing is on my way back from Poole (having just bought new plates) I snagged a smaller bird on the old plate. Was great, although my wife didn't like seeing it's mangled little body plastered on the windscreen :devil:

You should have picked it up and cooked it. Pheasant is a delicacy. Most pheasant you buy from farms has been shot and you can spend ages taking the pellets out of the little buggers. If you hit a pheasant on the road and its in one piece, then pick him up, chuck him in the boot, when you get home skin and gut the poor blighter and cook it with lemon, herbs and butter........mmmm

Of course its illegal to take a game bird home that you have killed yourself, but you can take a kill from the car in front. Same applies to deer although I wouldn't recommend running one of those over.

Next time you splat a pheasant see if you can find a swan to wipe out too. It would be lovely with a pheasant stuffing.

Maybe a little kestrel gravy as well

:devil:

Last edited:
Lmao!!! Image of a Stilo scraping its bumber home wiv a deer in the boot lol!!!

It's a funny idea I'll grant you, but deer are no laughing matter round here. I'm in the middle of the Purbecks, and more importantly, in the middle of a Tank training area, which is essentially a massive plain complete with waterways, forests, the lot. A lovely home for deer. The wildlife and scenery here is beautiful, but it comes at a price, and occasionaly, that price is human life. I said about my buddy who ended up in hospital, he was one of the lucky ones. Others have been crushed to death by deer flying THROUGH the windscreen and into their chest/head.

Now...if your in a tank, then they're less of a problem lol.

well i hit a rabbit while in a work van last Thursday. damn did it thud as it hit the underside. bounced off the front bumper and underneath then out the back.

Sounds like a roadkill menu is on the agenda.

Apparently, if you hit a pheasant on the road you are not allowed to pick it up and take it away to eat it.

However, you can if you are in the car behind.

I don't know ho true his is, but 'm sure Ive read or heard his somewhere!?!

Alternatively, it could of course just be something I've dreamt up after a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday evening.....

wheres that stilo so I can jump on it & crush it:mad:

SDHURpheasant_brown.jpg

Apparently, if you hit a pheasant on the road you are not allowed to pick it up and take it away to eat it.

However, you can if you are in the car behind.

I don't know ho true his is, but 'm sure Ive read or heard his somewhere!?!
Yes, that is true - it was even mentioned in post 2 above ;)

Back