General Tempra electronic console request

Currently reading:
General Tempra electronic console request

outlaw_tempra

Hello people,

got a 1.6 tempra since '91 but unfortunately the electronic console's plastic is heavily damaged:mad: . Its actually decomposed and is starting to brake:confused: . Electronic functions work well but not for too long if the plastic gets totally corrupted. Got any idea where to buy online a spare like that? If its just the plastic cover without the digital insides its better. Thank you in advance.

I am sorry I don't know.

Dashboard plastic used in Tempra is very low quality, the one I have scratches very easily. Maybe it does due to long exposure to sun rays during summer, but other cars' plastics aren't so bad :(

I am sorry I don't know.

Dashboard plastic used in Tempra is very low quality, the one I have scratches very easily. Maybe it does due to long exposure to sun rays during summer, but other cars' plastics aren't so bad :(

Yeap I know what you mean. My seicento I bought in 2000 (900cc 8 valve...not even ocsh :) )has greater quality plastics overall. Besides sun rays my father used some weird plastic polish chemicals 2 or 3 years ago and since then the cockpit has become sticky and shinny (even dust sticks on it) and pieces of it come off on simple touch.

Found on ebay the full cockpit (plastic cover plus the tacho organs) but its the analog one. Are they compatible? I mean I remember when I disassembled once the cockpit to replace some dead leds it had many little sockets. Does the analog cockpit has the some sockets?

Found on ebay the full cockpit (plastic cover plus the tacho organs) but its the analog one. Are they compatible? I mean I remember when I disassembled once the cockpit to replace some dead leds it had many little sockets. Does the analog cockpit has the some sockets?

Never removed my dashboard, but I think the plastics of the analog one are different from the ones of the digital, because of different size of the instruments.

Hi, I've got a Tempra with a digital dashboard. Since my engine is gone to Fiat heaven :( I'm selling parts. Interested? I've covered my dasboard in a carbon fibre imitation film, looks real nice :)

Yes, I have the same problem with a dashboard. The quality is horrible!!! The plastic started to decompose and a softer touch is needed to brake it. I will try to fix scratches with a paint for plastic.

Strange how some degrade and some don't, both dashboards on our 1.9TD's are fine but the silk screened text is flaking off.

The Analog and Digital dashboards I believe are not interchangeable, the hole they fit into is the same but the electrics are very different.

The digital one do come up in Ebay quite regularly so keep an eye out there. There are also quite regular slots in Ebay with Tempras being broken for spares, that's another source. Electronic dashboards in your local scrappie are like rocking horse poo.

Hi, I've got a Tempra with a digital dashboard. Since my engine is gone to Fiat heaven :( I'm selling parts. Interested? I've covered my dasboard in a carbon fibre imitation film, looks real nice :)

p.m. me for details :)

btw....anyone from Italy that knows the following companies? They were recommended to me by fiat Hellas as possible console owners :

DINAMICA
Via Baltimora 123
10137 Torino
Tel. 0039 011 32400810
Fax 0039 011 3240890
[email protected]

A.C.A.R.T. s.r.l.
Via Grandi 8
10095 Grugliasco
Tel. 0039 011 7708900
Fax 0039 011 7070063

AUTODEM
Via Caduti di Sabbiuno 63
40053 Bazzano - Bo
Tel. 0039 051 830118
Fax 0039 051 830151

Don't know them, as they aren't in the city where I live. The first two are in Turin or near there, so they may have big stock of parts. I think shipment would cost a lot from Italy, Italian mail is so damn expensive :(
You better try at a scrappy and ask them to let you know when they receive a Tempra with good plastics so you may remove them.

Back