Technical punto gear box

Currently reading:
Technical punto gear box

punto_scotty

hi there im thinking about buying a punto and i was just wordering if it had to be a 1.6 sporting gear box that went in it or could i put a differnt gear box in it if any one coulc tell me that would be great thanks scotty

I think it would have to be another 1.6 punto gearbox, Unless the brava gearbox could fit, i dont know though its just a guess sumone will know on the forum though, i aint a fan of the mk1 1.6 engine, i like the 1.2 16v sporting engine i would say its more reliable as well.

well im getting the punto much cheapness with a couple of problems but the main 1 is the gear box so it would be a little project for me as im unemplyed the now so will keep me busy for a few days but ill take the 1.2 16v up once ive got this 1 out the way do you think the 1.2 6 speed box would fit or would the clutch and fly wheel be different i no the gear ratio will be different

thanks for your help scotty

getting it for 2 been lowerd 60mm on pi shocks and springs center exit exhaust uno turbo wheels just had a respray k&n induction kit

so underneath that lot it literally is £20 worth.

if you CAN finda 1.6 box then your sorted, but Iwould also make sure the ecu is OK and the heater matrix ain't leaking onto it, as a working 1.6 ecu is even more difficult to find;)

the fire engine boxs (inc 6speeder) WILL NOT fit the older 1.4gt and 1.6 NA motors.

and th 6speed is a bit of a false economy as 6th is the same revs at 60mph as a 5speeders 4th at 60mph, so it revs even more

ok thanks for that so what choices do i have on gear boxs then to fit it thanks scotty

Back