Technical Heater / air con blower is all or nothing

Currently reading:
Technical Heater / air con blower is all or nothing

johnny366

Howdy,

My blower (fan) for the heater only switches on when I put it on full blast. Not a major problem in the scheme of things, but quite annoying! It would be nice to have it quietly blowing, so I can hear the radio (when I get that working!).

Anyone had this before?
Any tips on accessing the switch panel to test the contacts, or whatever?

Ta,

Hi,
Removing the front heater panel is easy (y) The gear knob gator unclips and you can get at the screws for the first of the two panels. Remove the ashtray and you will find another screw. Once all the screws are undone, pop that panel out and you can get at the screws holding the heater dial panel in place. If you find it hard to remove the panel, check you have not missed a screw.

(y)

Last edited:
Great! Thanks / danke for both your anwsers. Together, that's what I need to know.

Any suggestions where I can find that replacement part? Any on-line suppliers? Halfords?
I'm sure it'll be the first of many...

Well, I can manage a bit of soldering, but that sounds a bit out of my league, not worth the time / aggro to figure out. I'd be happy to get a replacement part for 20 quid and slot it in though. So, any advice on suppliers of parts? Mail order? Surely a few of you have a few favourite sources?

Cheers

J

I had the same problem on my Punto, Heater only working on Full.

The variable resistor wasnt resisting. Went down the scrappies, robbed 3 and paid for 1.

Although scrappies probably aint an option for you lol.

Back