General Complained to Fiat-Deal or No Deal?

Currently reading:
General Complained to Fiat-Deal or No Deal?

jskn

Hi. Well as you may or may not know i complained to Fiat UK about the numerous faults on my brand new 1.9 sporting. now i have had the car since 31st August and since then it has been back to the dealer several times fixing a number of faults. The list comprises of, a faulty drivers side door, faulty washer jets, faulty drivers side window, howling breaks, faulty boot actuator, and the car simply going into meltdown when it says 'cancheck'. well for a new car im sure you would be annoyed by these grievances.

So i emailed, rang Fiat and they have come back to me after 1 week or so and offered me £100 in vouchers. Now what we saying? Deal or No Deal?

Hi. Well as you may or may not know i complained to Fiat UK about the numerous faults on my brand new 1.9 sporting. now i have had the car since 31st August and since then it has been back to the dealer several times fixing a number of faults. The list comprises of, a faulty drivers side door, faulty washer jets, faulty drivers side window, howling breaks, faulty boot actuator, and the car simply going into meltdown when it says 'cancheck'. well for a new car im sure you would be annoyed by these grievances.

So i emailed, rang Fiat and they have come back to me after 1 week or so and offered me £100 in vouchers. Now what we saying? Deal or No Deal?

All these are known faults & should of been easily rectified by dealer...however £100 is a goodwill gesture & not a bribe in anyway or a bidding game.

well i was happy with the goodwill gesture. but i am sure u can understand that there were major inconviences travelling to and from the dealer. firstly to diagnose the problem...if they could even find it. sometimes i had to go back in and tell them were it was. secondly coming back and getting it serviced. it just wasted my time and petrol. not what i want for a new car.

I have done over 200 miles ( 4x50mile trips) over my new leather suite (which I deemed faulty)....do you think they would refund me anything for time/petrol.
Its a part of life & unfortunate you didn't have a nearer dealer who also provide a collection/delivery service.

no honestly please comment on it. i mean i totally agree that bascially '**** happens' and that things like this are common and lots of people experience it. however, i do believe that i do deserve yes some compensation as to be honest my dealer has been crap. i mean the brakes have been in 2/3 times, yet still the issue has not been resolved. and theres you TI saying it is a known fault and there is a new part? i just dont know who to blame.

but please, im not a wimp. i understand that there will be varied opinions so please feel free to comment.

crap dealer...easy...got to another.

brakes can be solved & have been for past few months,problem is parts aint being made fast enough!

swop your car for my suite......probably cost about the same:(

hmmm must b a pretty crap suite then! lol....ahh well. i dont want to fuss about it. but i guess i do want justice. its unfair when these big firms take no notice of the problems they cause! i mean once virgin trains were SOOO delayed and i mean by like half a day or what ever they caused me to miss my cruise...who would you blame that on? hmmmm

ok.
you asked for it.

the world is not a perfect place.
people do what they can to help people out after a mistake is made.
Fiat admitted that there were a few faults on the cars and have since sent out bulletins to dealers to help rectify the problems. The dealers are the ones who do the work not FIAT.
if you have taken the car back more than once for any of these recalls/problems then the dealer is cr@p and not FIAT. blame the dealer.
As you complained FIAT took it upon themselves to send you a goodwill getsure. please note GESTURE. people who are saying go for more go for more, get a life! you are the tw@ts that are putting up premiums for insurance, for cars, for everything. everyon wants everything for nothing. go for it and then start complaining that things cost to much.

When will people realise that mistakes are made and we all try and do our best to sort them out.

the problems on your car are very very simple things to sort, go and rant at your dealer for been uselss, Not FIAT for producing a "rubbish car".

over and out

So the Kiwi does have some tough skin underneath those feathers...well said mate (y)

T..just out of curiosity, what car do you drive?

well fiatdownunder. i completly agree. i agree that im guessing it is the dealers fault for being so crap and not fiat. but then again, my point is also valid because i bought a new car with the hope of a trouble free experience. now yes the faults are minor niggles, but they do damage the experience of driving. for example, not being able to open your own door is pretty annoying. on top of the long wait for parts to arrive etc. i guess yes fiat has admitted fault and well done for that. but then again just because they admitted it doesnt mean it justifys what they did. correct?

yes they have been v good in offering as you rightly said the gesture. however, have they ever considered the time wasted on my part on rectifying issues which should not have existed in the first place. remember this car had been tested for however many miles etc yet had a whole list of faults which everyone found in the first week! i mean what did fiat do as a test!?

so yes people may go well please claim more. however, i suppose whats the harm in asking hey? who has never tried their luck? what you don't ask you don't get do you?

Last edited:
well fiatdownunder. i completly agree. i agree that im guessing it is the dealers fault for being so crap and not fiat. but then again, my point is also valid because i bought a new car with the hope of a trouble free experience. now yes the faults are minor niggles, but they do damage the experience of driving. for example, not being able to open your own door is pretty annoying. on top of the long wait for parts to arrive etc. i guess yes fiat has admitted fault and well done for that. but then again just because they admitted it doesnt mean it justifys what they did. correct?

yes they have been v good in offering as you rightly said the gesture. however, have they ever considered the time wasted on my part on rectifying issues which should not have existed in the first place. remember this car had been tested for however many miles etc yet had a whole list of faults which everyone found in the first week! i mean what did fiat do as a test!?

so yes people may go well please claim more. however, i suppose whats the harm in asking hey? who has never tried their luck? what you don't ask you don't get do you?

Every new car has a few faults within the first year. No manufacturer can claim they are fault free.
how they handle them is a different matter.
the door lock thing, I have had 5 GP Sports and all 5 have had the door lock break. Try living on the other side of the world and having to wait for the lock. that's fustration for you!

The car was developed without using a full test mule, the distance the car travelled in testing was quite minimal, and the problems you have had are nothing to do with the engine or transmission so that side of your claim is let down i'm afraid.
As you can tell i feel very strongly about the "claim all you can" attitude, it really narks me.

no no no....the testing for the however many miles would not have directly tested the components i have mentioned. however it would have allowed sufficient time for the 'wear and tear' of the components of the car, and to see whether they were durable etc. you can't sit there and tell me that fiat just plonked in some components without knowing how reliable etc?

and i never said i would claim all i can. but i did say i would claim what i believe to be fair. i just think that £100 vouchers, yes is good im not denying it but it could be made better. I have spent more than that amount ringing them, petrol, time etc.

ok.
you asked for it.

the world is not a perfect place.
people do what they can to help people out after a mistake is made.
Fiat admitted that there were a few faults on the cars and have since sent out bulletins to dealers to help rectify the problems. The dealers are the ones who do the work not FIAT.
if you have taken the car back more than once for any of these recalls/problems then the dealer is cr@p and not FIAT. blame the dealer.
As you complained FIAT took it upon themselves to send you a goodwill getsure. please note GESTURE. people who are saying go for more go for more, get a life! you are the tw@ts that are putting up premiums for insurance, for cars, for everything. everyon wants everything for nothing. go for it and then start complaining that things cost to much.

When will people realise that mistakes are made and we all try and do our best to sort them out.

the problems on your car are very very simple things to sort, go and rant at your dealer for been uselss, Not FIAT for producing a "rubbish car".

over and out

Here here, well said. That is the problem with today's society, an awful lot of people want something for nothing (or at least relatively little) whether it be fame and fortune (big brother:yuck: ) a job (the apprentice) or a new car because theirs ran out of petrol (how dare they.:rolleyes: )
£100 - snatch their hand off, spend it wisely and enjoy the car - even if it's broke it still looks damn fine!

hhmmm, all I can comment is that mine has run ten days and 1600 miles without faults.....

hope you get them all sorted, if you pay £12,000 you should expect a decent product....

from another manufacturers perspective, my skoda needed a new gearbox at 40,000 miles, and it had to be off the road for a week, they gave me a goodwill gesture of £400 for this, as that was my expected loss of earnings due to my car being my work, I was quite happy with this..... it means the fault in the car, didn't end up impacting on me financially... (y)

if you are not happy with one dealer, you could try another? I've found different dealers have vastly different levels of customer care, one of the main reasons I bought this car (the GP) , was that my local dealer is a tiny town place, where I only ever deal with the owner (only him and his daughter in the sales/service office) and they are looking after me very well....

hope you get everything sorted :)

Back