Technical "ASR Failure" then "ESP Failure" Messages?

Currently reading:
Technical "ASR Failure" then "ESP Failure" Messages?

euan

Twice today (on the way to work then on the way back) the two above messages appeared on the dashboard, followed with a momentary yellow spanner symbol, followed by a yellow trangle with circle over it which remains on. On both occasions I stopped the car and turned the ignition off then restarted the engine. Both times the fault did not reappear. Any Idea what it means, or why it's happening? I've just got the car back from the garage 2 days ago. They spent two weeks replacing the heater matrix. I **really** don't want to go back. I haven't even finished my fuming letter of rage to the garage's head office yet over the heater fiasco. [xx(]

Stilo '02, 3dr 1.8 Dynamic.

Todays fault: Leaking Heater Matrix.

Euan

I seem to remember the foreman at my Fiat garage saying that there was a software update for the ECU that erradicates this ASR warning message. It's a known issue see here https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4793&SearchTerms=,ASR

I'd take it on for a look, as many garages are aware of this - even mine which is a surprise!
I noticed you're from Glasgow like me. Which garage you using? It isn't Arnold Clark is it? I think they are hopeless [V] so I'm on the look out for recommndations for another.

Cheers

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

Thanks for that.

I use Parks in Hamilton becuase it's near my work. I can't recommend it sorry! But hey, after a while you need to take your misery someplace new. Why don't we swap garages! :D

Stilo '02, 3dr 1.8 Dynamic.

Todays fault: Leaking Heater Matrix.

I had these both messages also in my car. Those were fixed by updating the software to "motor control unit"

Back