General brake pipe safety recall notice from fiat

Currently reading:
General brake pipe safety recall notice from fiat

sps

i had a letter from fiat asking me to check my fait punto mk1 1999 for a metal brake pipe inspection.

apparently these areliable to corrosion due to road salt and can lead to brake fluid leakage and failure.

anyone else had such a recall and what was the outcome?

Yep, had all 3 of mine done now, the sx and the sporting only needed to be coated.
My elx needed new ones...I'm suprised you have a letter so late in the day tbh.

But it's a quick job and my local fiat even gave mine a wash and a hoover before I picked them up (y) :D

£365 from my dealer, well I had other things that needed done at the time. One couldn't be done due to the alternator giving in causing unessary expence. The recall fix was free thankfully.

Sorry for bumping this thread guys but...

I just had my MK1 go through its MOT. It passed but got an advisory on the front offside brakepipe corrosion...

I am not the original owner so was wondering... should this still be covered by the recall? and will Fiat still fix it?

If so do I just give em a ring and see if its been done yet???

Jon

Mine were done just before I bought it but I still called after I got the car to find out whether they had. Just give them a ring and they will check it on they're computer.

If they havn't done it yet they will change/coat them for free.

If they have been done, then moan and complain that they're work didn't last 12 months and get them done again (y)

Either way Fiat will have to do the work free of charge:D

Hi yes had my mk1 recalled and they changed all the brake pipes and they even changed the brake fluid free of charge , get it to fiats as this was a major recall
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it already been done and it was 13 month ago :-(
looks like they were just painted...

Fiat say they may contribute to the repair after they review the case(whatever that means???)

Ive had a look and its not too bad, I may just apply a coat of waxoil and see how it goes...

J

Back