blaupunkt santa cruz -CD OVER HEATING !! ?? hot hot should it go ?and speaker probs!

Currently reading:
blaupunkt santa cruz -CD OVER HEATING !! ?? hot hot should it go ?and speaker probs!

Xsisley

hi,
im just fitting a blaupunkt santa cruz CD HU to my dad cinq sporting..
iv put the wires right ect...

2 problems ! ....

-the speakers (old crap ones AND new good ones) make a horrid cracckling noise when there any base and its anything above quiet. !

-the HU itself is heating up after playing 1 track!
its heating on the side of the back area where the plugs go into the back.
how hot should it get ? because after 1 song its too hot to hold onto really.

thanks in advance for help !
i will be cheking back eagerly !

aran.

my old blaupunkt used to overheat because it never had any rca's on the back and the audio fitting place used some wire and put it somewere in the back. what sort of system you got?

If you got the standard size speakers in there (10cm) then they will not be able to handle lower frequencies at any sort of volume above quiet.

Have you checked as to whether there's anything in the way impeding airflow to the back of the HU?

thanks for replys !
sorry whats an RCA !! ??

and i dont think air flow is an issue, because its over heating with it out of the dash working on my lap.

you think it needs bigger speakers ??
will 10cm just not take it ??

thanks again

aran.

thanks for replys !
sorry whats an RCA !! ??

and i dont think air flow is an issue, because its over heating with it out of the dash working on my lap.

Is it a new HU or second hand?

RCA - a standard signal wire used in home audio as well as car audio. Has 2 plugs on either end - 1 red and 1 white. Might not have them on Blaupunkts - it's one of the few manufacturers who sell RCA adapters separately from the HU.

you think it needs bigger speakers ??
will 10cm just not take it ??

Correct.

there is no plugs for an rca.

is it possible its just meant to get this hot and its ok?

and it need bigger speakers to go with it really ?

thanks soo much guys

aran.

there is no plugs for an rca.

is it possible its just meant to get this hot and its ok?

and it need bigger speakers to go with it really ?

thanks soo much guys

aran.

Ideally, yes, you'd need larger speakers - th problem comes with trying to fit them in.

It's possible that the HU dos get that hot normally - does it work OK apart from the heat problem?

my old blaupunkt used to get hot on normal play, when playing loud for over 1hr it used to get reallllyyyyy hot and it used to nearly fry my cd's inside.

Back