Bonnet, Bumper, Wing replacement?

Currently reading:
Bonnet, Bumper, Wing replacement?

joshwa

Not sure if this is the right subforum, but does anyone know how much replacement parts are likely to cost from a scrap yard?

And are these items easy-ish to replace? Ie can I just take them off, put the okay ones on? Do they screw on / off?

Thanks

Josh

Sorry - it's a T reg Fiat Punto - Been in a head-on collision, and it's also pushed back one of the lights without breaking it. It might not be as simple as just replacing these bits after looking at it.

Couldn't get any pics, but she's been quoted £375 to get it repaired using second hand parts. It may go through insurance and they may value the car at 600 - 800 ish, so I don't know what she's going to do, she doesn't seem to have decided yet, and the insurance people may pay out for her to get it fixed. (Although she does has £200 excess). It's probably too big a job for me to do anyway :)

She hit the back of someone, so they are going to claim against her insurance, so does it matter whether she claims for the damage to her car or not? Is there any benefit in her not claiming through her insurance for the damage? Presumably the premiums will go up because the other person is claiming...?

If she hit someone and they're claiming off her insurance, it doesnt matter if she claims herself or not as it will still show as a accident against her on the insurance.

Depends if she wants to keep the car I suppose.

The insurance company have been out and declared it a write-off, saying / quoting 1600 to get it fixed, so she is on the lookout for a new car... any tips...? I've been looking through the Punto forum about the different kinds, but I can't see a "buyers guide" is there one? I'm probably not looking right ... :/

Back