Styling painting bumpers?

Currently reading:
Styling painting bumpers?

been to the local body shop today and they said they cant paint a textured i.e standard black plastic bumper.
the bumper has been smoothed and painted before at some point but it has started to peel off. the guy said that it would just keep happening if it was redone.
is this true?
i got the bumper from a scrappy after someone shattered mine while it was parked on a car park leaving no details the c**t.
it alread has a storm one lower apron on it so i was going to get it sprayed and keep it instead of fixing my old bumper.
are the aprons easy to remove if so does anyone have a sporting bumper for sale in any colour.
this means i have an abarth bumper and a storm one which both need a new bumper to put them on.
any help is good help at this point.

[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]Little Red Devil (L.R.D)[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

i was under the impression that you could spray them aslong as they are properly prepared and primed. Try another bodyshop and see what they say.

if the apron hasnt been blended on or bonded on then it shouldnt really be hard to take off try looking for the bolts if it has been bolted

sig.jpg

Seicento Sporting, Modified Front Bumper, Saxo Custom Spoiler, Abarth Side Skirts, Bad Boy Bonnet, Afterburner Rear Lenses, 4" Powerflow Exhaust System, Abarth 14" Alloys.
IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Check out my site: http://badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com​
FIATForum stickers available PM me for details or see: https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10000

guy proubaly meant he couldn't spray over the old flacking paint, its flacking because it wasn't done right so all the old paint will have to be removed eaiser to get another bumper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
binki3.jpg

yeha u can definatly paint over those bumpers. ive done it myself with no probs on my uno. as dave said, he probably just ment he couldnt paint over the flaking paint as it wouldnt hold because the paint underneith would still flake off taking the new layer with it.

I Have A Cinq Sporting...

...Click Here To Look At It

Get the old paint off first, and then use a proper "plasticiser" that will be flexible enough to stop the paint cracking....

Plasticiser meaning plastic primer I assume?

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

Back