General 1.1 Uno i.e. S Mods

Currently reading:
General 1.1 Uno i.e. S Mods

Mmacken2004

Hey, I got an uno 1.1 i.e. S about 6 months ago and now I want to make some styling mods, if i can get some ideas from others and what have others done and some pictures would be great.

cheers

Fiat Uno i.e. S STANDARD but watch this space

Well, mod no 1 is lowering. It's a must on Unos since they are sky high from the factory. Lower it 40 mm - it will then look normal.

Morten.

abarth wheels & steering. ia lowered. pg audio. refurnish.

projects: air intake. (used) seats. exhaust-repair. legal tint.

get some 15" wheels not multi spoke tho 5 or 6 spoke look good! also get your bumpers spreyed the same colour as your car this is also a must as it makes ur car look newer and lower aswell. get seat covers for the interior or get a turbo interior like me. next mod would be to get ur boot smothed and the windows blacked out this is also a must cos mine has all these mods and looks great. just need to get it lowered and then it will look ace n ill get some pics up.

future mods to my car are

turbo front bumper with spot lights
and turbo side skirts and wheel arches all gonna be spreyed same couler as my car then ill get some pics lads :D

gotta love the uno's

About the wheels I would recommend something that hides the rear brake drum. No point spraying them either, the temp may reach at least 500 degrees C and the paint fill flicker off after some time. 14" wheels will also do if you can't afford 15". Don't buy wider than 5,5".

Morten.

I am looking for some Uno front grills aswell but cant find them anywhere, do you know any sites where I can get them from and how hard they are to install. Cheers

Fiat Uno 1.1 i.e. S (standard).....WATCH THIS SPACE!

Hei.

Installing (and removing) the grill is very easy. Two screws right under the bonnet. Push in and lift up. There are no aftermarket grills for the MkII, so you have to either buy an original or modify your own.

Morten.

Modding your own grill can be just taking the old grill out and cutting mesh to size but it looks naff, I like the look which bushboy had on his uno, this means taking the old one out and cutting out the center sections, filling and fitting a mesh at the back take a look at bushboy's page it you wanna see it http://unopower.davemarc.co.uk

Ive modded the grille on my uno by chopping out the middle (like bushboy) and i agree it looks quality, you should definitely do it!

But you can actually buy the grilles for a mk2 uno that look the same as what its going to look like if you mod it. The website you want is:

www.autostyle.co.za

Its a south african company but it shouldnt be a problem importing one, its called the cheeta front grille and costs R195 (bout £20)

Id put 14s on as well cos then your not altering the rolling radius of the wheel. The type of alloy u get is all personal preference, i personally have multi-spokes on mine and i rekon they look the best.

Back