Technical Best Spark Plugs?

Currently reading:
Technical Best Spark Plugs?

sh33n

What spark plugs is everyone running on in their MK2 Sportings 16v.

I recently took out the standard FIAT type (double head) and replaced them with the NGK DCPR8E-N, they are ones recommended in the FIAT manual.

They seem..... well pants!!

Anyone know where if and where I can get some performance ones, 3 or 4 heads? Or how much the FIAT ones cost from the dealership?

Halfords stock them, but don't list them for FIAT Punto 16v [xx(]

Cheers :D

On my Sporting MK2 original spark plugs was NGK DCPR8E-N(one head). Than I've put NGK DCPR8EKC(two heads) from Bravo 1.2 16V and I didn't saw any improvment with them. But before few days I've put NGK DCPR8EVX(with one platinum electrode) and my first impression is very good. Acceleration is better and much smouther. I also think thats fuel consumption is lower. My sugestion is go for them.
P.S. I've payed 38 euros for all 4 spark plugs.

Are the NGK DCPR8EVX listed for the Sporting MK2, or did you just go ahead with them anyway?

Anyone know of a UK supplier for these??

Cheers igorpetkovski :D

Originally posted by sh33n
Are the NGK DCPR8EVX listed for the Sporting MK2, or did you just go ahead with them anyway?

Anyone know of a UK supplier for these??

Cheers igorpetkovski :D

They are listed in NGK catalog as alternative(but recomended) spark plugs for Mk2 Sporting. They are also recomended for some Ferari and Maserati models.
Good luck:)

Back