General Decomp plate which side do i stick it to the engine?

Currently reading:
General Decomp plate which side do i stick it to the engine?

Decomp plate which side do i stick it to the engine? does it go onto the head side or the block side?

also anyone know thepart number for the core plug bung thing thats about 2" disc that goes on the side of the block as mine has heavily corroded which would explain the dripping water out of the gearbox side.

cheers

gaz

gah ahwell it should still run

REmeber to take this into account when calculating your CR though, it would be slightly higher with the gasket in.

Also the block surface should really be machined if fitting a metal gasket, so I'd imagine its even more important without a gasket.

If you haven't got too far I'd stick it back in...thats just my opinion though. Be a pain if it fails straight way!

OT: why not fit two gaskets either side and lower the CR even more?

Kristian

I have heard it on good authority from a few friends that a decomp plate messes with the squish band, which in doing so creates a poor mix and less power than an engine should be making.

Low comp pistons are really far more ideal for long term use, but if you do use decomp plate for short term I would just make sure its sealed up professionally and you have calculated the cr precisely correct (as above basically!)

Last edited:
Back