Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2009   #1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Buying a 100hp Today!

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie - so first and foremost hello! My other car a BMW e87 130i is in the dealer today so was looking for a 100hp as a second car.

I spotted this in autotrader today http://tinyurl.com/lxoc3v. I called the dealer and he said he'd do it for 7,200.

Do you guys recon this is a good deal? Seems pretty good to me for a car less than 3 years old.

Thanks,
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

nads205 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Get him down to 7k and I reckon it's quite a good deal. Local FIAT dealer near me has a red one with 4,000 miles up for 7995.
Back in Feb I brought a brand new one (i.e an 09 plate, I ordered in Feb) for 8k exactly from a FIAT main dealer, after some haggling. Mind you, prices were lower then.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Gillyboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 725
Thanks: 24
Trader Rating: 0
Botswana 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Why not go to FiatSuperSaver and get a brand new one for that 7495 ?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Geddes is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 520
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

if you want it today then I guess it's a deal but bear in mind if you're willing to wait the 10 to 12 weeks for delivery, a new white one is 7495 from Fiat Supasaver and 7650 from Perrys. Those prices I'm fairly certain include 6 months tax, you'd be the first owner, it would have delivery mileage, you'd have the full three years warranty and the AA membership wouldn't be about to run out. I've seen this one down at Rusper and it looks very tidy, much better than some I've seen in other dealers, but even at 7200 is it enough of a differential from a new one?
__________________

09 Yellow Panda 1.2 Dynamic
2005 C4 & 1997 ZX
SurreyAlan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Thanks for the help guys - I've decided to give this one a miss. With such great deals out there it's silly not to wait for a few weeks.

Sorry dealer.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

nads205 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
if you want it today then I guess it's a deal but bear in mind if you're willing to wait the 10 to 12 weeks for delivery, a new white one is 7495 from Fiat Supasaver and 7650 from Perrys. Those prices I'm fairly certain include 6 months tax, you'd be the first owner, it would have delivery mileage, you'd have the full three years warranty and the AA membership wouldn't be about to run out. I've seen this one down at Rusper and it looks very tidy, much better than some I've seen in other dealers, but even at 7200 is it enough of a differential from a new one?
Just checked Perrys site and says 2 weeks delivery.
Are these UK spec cars and if so why so cheap ?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

STEVENM1001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #7
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of Wight
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Smile Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

There is another angle on these 'nearly new' cars - factor in the VAT and remember that VAT is only payable on new cars. On a secondhand car, bear in mind that the dealer only pays the difference between his buying and selling price. In other words, if the dealer pays 5k for a car and sells it for 6k, he only pays VAT on 1k. Often these 'nearly new' cars are in fact being sold for more than they actually cost in the first place. Who gains? The motor trade of course
.
I personally would rather wait 10 weeks and get a brand new one.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ferrous oxide is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #8
Stella Artois
 
PJKernohan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 85
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
PJKernohan has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

I pick mine up tomorrow (Thursday 3rd) 3000miles 6months old for under 8K This is from a main dealer so you will be able to get cheaper if you look around.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

PJKernohan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #9
Embrace depreciation...
 
Schwenck's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Basingrad
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
Schwenck has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Good luck nads205; see how unbelievably helpful this site is?
__________________
Circumstance means I'm currently outside the FIAT family, but you never know...

http://www.fiatforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic4009_23.gif
Schwenck is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #10
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 520
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENM1001 View Post
Just checked Perrys site and says 2 weeks delivery.
Are these UK spec cars and if so why so cheap ?
I along with others here have bought from Perrys. The cars are new, you're the first owner, they are UK spec. The delivery time they quote is incorrect but the prices shown as the hot deal are what you will pay (that plus 10 for some petrol). When we bought our Dynamic in January there were stocks available and you could get one in two weeks, if you ring for a chat they will tell you that delivery is now 10 to 12 weeks due to the high demand brought about by the scrappage though you never know, they might have the odd one available, I was offered a cancelled order but it had too many extras for me. They did show me the paperwork for the car we bought, they sell them at a small loss but then of course they get a volume bonus from Fiat which makes them a profit, large or small I don't know. I had no complaints about Perrys and would buy there again, they are a Fiat dealer and there's no problems about having warranty work done at another dealer. Other people have posted good reports about Fiat Supasaver who are cheaper still.
__________________

09 Yellow Panda 1.2 Dynamic
2005 C4 & 1997 ZX
SurreyAlan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #11
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
I along with others here have bought from Perrys. The cars are new, you're the first owner, they are UK spec. The delivery time they quote is incorrect but the prices shown as the hot deal are what you will pay (that plus 10 for some petrol). When we bought our Dynamic in January there were stocks available and you could get one in two weeks, if you ring for a chat they will tell you that delivery is now 10 to 12 weeks due to the high demand brought about by the scrappage though you never know, they might have the odd one available, I was offered a cancelled order but it had too many extras for me. They did show me the paperwork for the car we bought, they sell them at a small loss but then of course they get a volume bonus from Fiat which makes them a profit, large or small I don't know. I had no complaints about Perrys and would buy there again, they are a Fiat dealer and there's no problems about having warranty work done at another dealer. Other people have posted good reports about Fiat Supasaver who are cheaper still.
Thanks - where are Supasaver based ?
I suppose they take a chance if they do not meet the targets to get the volume bonus.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

STEVENM1001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #12
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 520
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

High Wycombe I think but easily googled. From what others have said I gather their cars come from a Fiat dealer not too far away. Perrys have many sites.
__________________

09 Yellow Panda 1.2 Dynamic
2005 C4 & 1997 ZX
SurreyAlan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #13
Ink Slinger
 
ThisBitterPill's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,420
Thanks: 82
Trader Rating: 0
ThisBitterPill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
the prices shown as the hot deal are what you will pay (that plus 10 for some petrol).
MrsP played hardball and got a set of mats, 12mths Tax and a Full tank of petrol thrown in!

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
I had no complaints about Perrys and would buy there again.
Same here
__________________



ThisBitterPill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #14
Ink Slinger
 
ThisBitterPill's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,420
Thanks: 82
Trader Rating: 0
ThisBitterPill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENM1001 View Post
Thanks - where are Supasaver based ?
Pewsham Fiat....

http://www.fiat.co.uk/dealer/default...alerId=0060273

__________________



ThisBitterPill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-09-2009   #15
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: Buying a 100hp Today!

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
High Wycombe I think but easily googled. From what others have said I gather their cars come from a Fiat dealer not too far away. Perrys have many sites.
Thanks again,will have to be Perrys as I live in West Yorkshire.My only other concern is that they will not give much in part ex when selling their cars cheaply.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

STEVENM1001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Tried a 100HP today Advanced Driver Panda 3 28-05-2008 22:05
(G) Buying a Panda 100HP CampDavid Panda 13 25-12-2007 09:52
(G) Saw another 100hp today! hpScot Panda 15 21-04-2007 18:46
(G) Close to buying 100HP - questions Trefor Panda 31 04-02-2007 12:14