Register Login
Shop4Parts - UK's largest online superstore for FIAT and Alfa Romeo parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2019   #136
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 49
Trader Rating: 1
The Panda Nut has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by gullyfoyle View Post
No, thats just plain wrong, Volvo, particularly has an amazing safety record in all areas of impact, in fact the company had recently announced that from 2025 nobody will die nor be seriously injured in a volvo in any real word collision.

And I believe them absolutely.
Sorry thats only if the have lane departure warning systems and a man with a red flag.
__________________
Noop now known as Nooplebe (i.e. in the way wherever he goes) 🐼
The Panda Nut is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-06-2019   #137
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,452
Thanks: 58
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Panda Nut View Post
Ve are sorry, its not German so the side air bags clearly will not work as they would in say a VW UP. Anyway Fiats are crap everyone know this.....

I think we should take this with a fairly large pinch of salt. I do not need to be told I am off line or that there is someone behind me if I take reasonable care.
The tests have done a good job, cars are safer and so it should be. You cannot make them totally safe even when driven by computers some common sense should be applied to the results.

I certainly don't want to pay for such things. I hope and trust these will be part of the MOT and failure of them should render the affected cars liable to immediate crushing.

If you have autonomous braking systems dont forget not to look into the laser closely to see if it works. Perhaps there shoud be EU regulations to fit huge guards onto these on case someone gets hurt.

May be we could get a man with a red flag to walk in front of each car to warn others of its presence and the dangers it presents. We could even regulate and have traffic police to enforce this!
By the looks of its design, the VW Up was already put into a metal crusher back at the factory... LOL I suppose it gets an exemplary 5 stars in that crashing it couldn't possibly make it any worse!
Likes The Panda Nut liked this post
__________________
Bring back the Fiat Forum iOS App!


2017 Fiat Panda Easy 1.2 - 20,500 miles
2005 Fiat Panda Dynamic 1.2 - 153,700
SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-06-2019   #138
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 49
Trader Rating: 1
The Panda Nut has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by SB1500 View Post
By the looks of its design, the VW Up was already put into a metal crusher back at the factory... LOL I suppose it gets an exemplary 5 stars in that crashing it couldn't possibly make it any worse!
Im afraid I really have no time for VW after their cheating game. I had a 2008 Golf and I am certain that its turbo woes were directly related to experimentation on getting round the economy tests as the faults were all pretty much as defined in the papers exposing their actions. It cost me dearly, so I wouldn't buy another of their products. Our Seat predates all the messing around by some years and it will stay on until it dies. No doubting their cars drive nicely but they are not so much fun. My experience is that FCA products are not as well made or engineered overall, but they are at least as reliable over many miles. As they are an awful lot cheaper they do represent good value if you keep them for a long time.

Personally I would tax VW off the UK roads and have been campaigning for road tax refunds to those whose vehicles did not get a reduction based on false claims! Our government seemed to be so much in fear of the EU however that I met a wall of silence! I hope VW go bust.
Likes SB1500, puntofan01 liked this post
__________________
Noop now known as Nooplebe (i.e. in the way wherever he goes) 🐼
The Panda Nut is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-06-2019   #139
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,452
Thanks: 58
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by The Panda Nut View Post
Im afraid I really have no time for VW after their cheating game. I had a 2008 Golf and I am certain that its turbo woes were directly related to experimentation on getting round the economy tests as the faults were all pretty much as defined in the papers exposing their actions. It cost me dearly, so I wouldn't buy another of their products. Our Seat predates all the messing around by some years and it will stay on until it dies. No doubting their cars drive nicely but they are not so much fun. My experience is that FCA products are not as well made or engineered overall, but they are at least as reliable over many miles. As they are an awful lot cheaper they do represent good value if you keep them for a long time.

Personally I would tax VW off the UK roads and have been campaigning for road tax refunds to those whose vehicles did not get a reduction based on false claims! Our government seemed to be so much in fear of the EU however that I met a wall of silence! I hope VW go bust.
That could all change in the next few years, as thereíll be no more need to fear the EU or any of the companyís itís in bed with!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #140
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 49
Trader Rating: 1
The Panda Nut has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by SB1500 View Post
That could all change in the next few years, as there’ll be no more need to fear the EU or any of the company’s it’s in bed with!
I am one who nearly voted leave nut believe in trade terms its not a good idea.

Have we forgotten how to do the famous British V sign.... Its what we do best. stand at the back pointing out where the other Nations are getting it wrong. I am praying car parts don't get even more expensive once we leave, but hope that we do indeed stop fearing the EU and start acting with a bot more common sense in some of the extreme areas. Probably wont make any difference apart form costing more. Here's hoping.

Thought I'd get political as the Tory leadership contest is enthralling. PLEASE MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY. I HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE LET ALONE CARE.

Trump for Queen! I would love to have been a fly on the wall at Buckingham Palace when he finally left the building.
__________________
Noop now known as Nooplebe (i.e. in the way wherever he goes) 🐼
The Panda Nut is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #141
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,452
Thanks: 58
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by The Panda Nut View Post
I am one who nearly voted leave nut believe in trade terms its not a good idea.

Have we forgotten how to do the famous British V sign.... Its what we do best. stand at the back pointing out where the other Nations are getting it wrong. I am praying car parts don't get even more expensive once we leave, but hope that we do indeed stop fearing the EU and start acting with a bot more common sense in some of the extreme areas. Probably wont make any difference apart form costing more. Here's hoping.

Thought I'd get political as the Tory leadership contest is enthralling. PLEASE MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY. I HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE LET ALONE CARE.

Trump for Queen! I would love to have been a fly on the wall at Buckingham Palace when he finally left the building.
It may or may not turn out bad for trade. And if the EU was simply about trade than itíd be as simple as realising weíre better together. As I believe was the case at the start.

Itís what it has mutated into and the corrupt mess it is today, beyond trade, why I think 99% of people who dislike it feel the way they do.

If they stuck to focusing on trade and not regulating and censoring things and discussion of a united European army then Iíd be more of a fan.

Would never deny that it has its benefits, but these guys who are so against it should stop denying that thereís a lot wrong with it too. In my opinion, it outweighs the trade benefits. In their opinion maybe it doesnít, but itís not all rosy as they seem to imply.
Likes puntofan01, The Panda Nut liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #142
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,152
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Panda Nut View Post
Im afraid I really have no time for VW after their cheating game. I had a 2008 Golf and I am certain that its turbo woes were directly related to experimentation on getting round the economy tests as the faults were all pretty much as defined in the papers exposing their actions. It cost me dearly, so I wouldn't buy another of their products. Our Seat predates all the messing around by some years and it will stay on until it dies. No doubting their cars drive nicely but they are not so much fun. My experience is that FCA products are not as well made or engineered overall, but they are at least as reliable over many miles. As they are an awful lot cheaper they do represent good value if you keep them for a long time.

Personally I would tax VW off the UK roads and have been campaigning for road tax refunds to those whose vehicles did not get a reduction based on false claims! Our government seemed to be so much in fear of the EU however that I met a wall of silence! I hope VW go bust.
To be fair, I think all the manufacturers are as guilty of this as vw, they were merely the 1st company to get caught.

However, I will say that the world would be a far, far more interesting place had vw gone bust 20 years ago.
Likes SB1500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #143
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,452
Thanks: 58
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
To be fair, I think all the manufacturers are as guilty of this as vw, they were merely the 1st company to get caught.

However, I will say that the world would be a far, far more interesting place had vw gone bust 20 years ago.
Definitely. I'm sure Seat and Skoda would have come out with more interesting cars had they not all been rebadges. As for Audi, not sure, something tells me that even before VW they were the choice of the pr*ck lol

As for VW, I'll be having some words in hell with Hitler about them....
__________________
Bring back the Fiat Forum iOS App!


2017 Fiat Panda Easy 1.2 - 20,500 miles
2005 Fiat Panda Dynamic 1.2 - 153,700
SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #144
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 49
Trader Rating: 1
The Panda Nut has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Panda gets 0* in Euro NCAP!

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
To be fair, I think all the manufacturers are as guilty of this as vw, they were merely the 1st company to get caught.

However, I will say that the world would be a far, far more interesting place had vw gone bust 20 years ago.
You are of course correct. I am not sure if there are any who are innocent. Fiats tested the programme that the engine starts up with cut off after 23 minutes. The EC test on emissions is a 21 minute affair... Enough said.
Likes puntofan01 liked this post
__________________
Noop now known as Nooplebe (i.e. in the way wherever he goes) 🐼
The Panda Nut is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) The 2015 Fiat Panda Cross received only 3 stars, Euro NCAP The Pretender Panda (2012+) 7 17-02-2016 07:17
(G) Cross only gets 3* in Euro NCAP gar074 Panda (2012+) 18 05-07-2015 10:56
(G) 5 Star Euro NCAP!!! Jazzy Jase 500 7 04-09-2007 20:26
New Panda Euro NCAP Results jasper Lets Talk FIAT 32 06-12-2004 01:15
(G) Has the Stilo been Euro NCAP'ed? Lead Stilo 7 11-07-2003 04:21