Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2018   #31
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 1,647
Thanks: 87
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

At least red is the faster colour. Or at least that's what other 100hp drivers say...
Love to see them wheels on the car!

gr J
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

A3jeroen is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2018   #32
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 466
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Only after i put on the Mito wheels...
With these 175-65-R14 winters i'm not even going to try
Nice Panda I like the Alfa wheels. Are they going to be the dark color or silver?
What brand and type of tires are you thinking of for those wheels?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TheR is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2018   #33
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 466
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
They are not adjustable like "Koni Sport", and there for not my choice.
The B6 and B8 shocks could be very hard, and then you are stuck with them.
I like to have adjustability (compression-Rebound) in my shocks, so i can adjust them to my likings.
My Koni Sport shocks with AP springs (40mm front and 30mm rear lowering) were awesome, the best suspension i ever had on a Panda. (typ 169)
Yeah thats true. The reviews on other cars about the Eibachs are always pretty mixed but only when jt comes to comfort. One call them harsh and an other calls them comfy. But when it comes to road holding they should be very good.
It all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day.
Adjustability is nice but also can be unnerving and you can also ruin the ride.
On my motorcycle I got a Hyperpro Shock with remote reservoir and adjustable everything(high and low speed etc.) and although it's much, much better then the original all these setting options always keep me wondering.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TheR is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2018   #34
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,215
Thanks: 153
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by TheR View Post
Yeah thats true. The reviews on other cars about the Eibachs are always pretty mixed but only when jt comes to comfort. One call them harsh and an other calls them comfy. But when it comes to road holding they should be very good.
It all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day.
Adjustability is nice but also can be unnerving and you can also ruin the ride.
On my motorcycle I got a Hyperpro Shock with remote reservoir and adjustable everything(high and low speed etc.) and although it's much, much better then the original all these setting options always keep me wondering.
Yes, all those setting options can make you wondering, but ad the end you will not use most of them.
With my Koni's i directly change the setting of them, and did not use the pre-set factory setting.
I like soft compression and hard rebound.
__________________
There are Pretenders among us.....
Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.

FIAT Panda Lounge 110 Sporting.
The Pretender is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #35
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 41
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Quote Originally Posted by TheR View Post
Nice Panda I like the Alfa wheels. Are they going to be the dark color or silver?
What brand and type of tires are you thinking of for those wheels?
Matt black, so its the same as the plastics and rear windows.

Im stil looking for tyres... and im not sure what to buy.
A had some a brand tyres that i didn't like and some budget brands that out performed the big brand tyres...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Baguette is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #36
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 466
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Quote Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Matt black, so its the same as the plastics and rear windows.

Im stil looking for tyres... and im not sure what to buy.
A had some a brand tyres that i didn't like and some budget brands that out performed the big brand tyres...
That's always very personal. Out performing the best a brand tires isn't going to be easy. Maybe in some conditions but the big brands generally deliver on all fronts. I'm always very interested in braking distances and if the tire gives a steady performance in wet and dry over a long time during it's life. It's hard to find something you like so I tend to stick to the brands I know and like.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TheR is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #37
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,215
Thanks: 153
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Matt black, so its the same as the plastics and rear windows.

Im stil looking for tyres... and im not sure what to buy.
A had some a brand tyres that i didn't like and some budget brands that out performed the big brand tyres...
I use Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's.
Also good is the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 K120.
I use the Hankook's @ the front in 215/40R16" and the Dunlop's @ the rear in 205/45R16".
__________________
There are Pretenders among us.....
Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.

FIAT Panda Lounge 110 Sporting.
The Pretender is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #38
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 41
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

If been looking at the Hankook Ventus Prime3 K125 - 195-45R16

I had Dunlop Sportmaxx on my Volvo, but didnt like them
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by Baguette; 20-02-2018 at 19:09.
Baguette is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #39
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 466
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

I like Continental, Bridgestone and Dunlop. For everyday year round I like the Continental Premium Contact the best. If you want pure performance tire (but imo overkill for a 85hp Panda) I like the Conti Sportcontact or the Bridgestone Potenza.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TheR is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #40
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,215
Thanks: 153
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
If been looking at the Hankook Ventus Prime3 K125 - 195-45R16

I had Dunlop Sportmaxx on my Volvo, but didnt like them
There is a big difference between the Sport Maxx and the Sport Maxx RT, no comparison.
__________________
There are Pretenders among us.....
Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.

FIAT Panda Lounge 110 Sporting.
The Pretender is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #41
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,215
Thanks: 153
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by TheR View Post
I like Continental, Bridgestone and Dunlop. For everyday year round I like the Continental Premium Contact the best. If you want pure performance tire (but imo overkill for a 85hp Panda) I like the Conti Sportcontact or the Bridgestone Potenza.
Conti's i only use as winter tires, summer tires, never nooit niet.
Bridgestone has lost there came for me a long time ago.
Dunlop is my favored tire for summer use.
The BluResponse is a great tire, as are the RT's.
Also good tires are the Michelin Primacy and Pilot Sport.
__________________
There are Pretenders among us.....
Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.

FIAT Panda Lounge 110 Sporting.
The Pretender is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2018   #42
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 466
Thanks: 16
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
Conti's i only use as winter tires, summer tires, never nooit niet.
Bridgestone has lost there came for me a long time ago.
Dunlop is my favored tire for summer use.
The BluResponse is a great tire, as are the RT's.
Also good tires are the Michelin Primacy and Pilot Sport.
All a matter of personal experience,driving style and taste. You can't go wrong with either of these brands safety wise. Lot's of experience with Dunlop and Continental and both are great but I prefer the feel of the Continentals. Also lot's of good experiences with the Turanza and Potenza tires but nowadays they are pretty expensive.
Michelin should be good but never drove a Michelin tire I liked(also dislike them on motorcycles)
As for the cheaper brands, I liked the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 and General Altimax sport(both daughter companies of Continental) but they don't offer the constant performane during their lifetime as I experienced with the premium brands and the savings aren't big enough for me to justify getting them.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TheR is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-02-2018   #43
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Eskisehir
Posts: 458
Thanks: 50
Trader Rating: 0
Turkey 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

You guys have it all wrong. What you need is a Panda Cross with a lift kit and oversize all terrain tyres, like from Nitto. That way you'll never worry about handling, corner speed, grip, all those things ever again! Think about it:

Miss an apex? Next time aim RIGHT AT IT! Who cares if there's a giant curb right at the entry of the corner, just drive right OVER the apex instead! Feel the satisfaction of hitting your head on the window instead of hitting the apex as your car gets up on two wheels!

Trying to carry your corner speed but understeer scrubbing your momentum? Running wide towards the embankment and into the hedges? Cornering is overrated anyway. Hit that gas pedal and JUMP THAT BUSH! Get some air and feel the excitement of LEAVING THE ROAD BEHIND rather than trying to hold on to it. What good are ramps and ditches if you don't have the suspension travel and tyre compliance to jump them anyway?

Sport Contact? Super Sport? Pah, what do they know about sport. Mountain climbing is a sport. Long jumping is a sport. Gymnastics is a sport. Laying flat on the road and holding onto the asphalt isn't a sport, so why should your tyres act like it is? Where's the fun in that? Get yourself some BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tyres. Go on, you've earned it.

Maybe I'm not so good at this whole 'advice' thing...
Thanks Baguette, TheR thanked for this post
Likes Baguette, A3jeroen, TheR liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

oyumurtaci is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-02-2018   #44
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 1,647
Thanks: 87
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Sounds like fun, but loosing quicker cars in corners and on roundabouts is what gives me unlimited smiles per gallon

gr J
Likes Baguette liked this post
__________________
"Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it". - Jules Renard
A3jeroen is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-02-2018   #45
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 41
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: Fiat 500 coilovers on a Panda 312/319?

Quote Originally Posted by oyumurtaci View Post
You guys have it all wrong. What you need is a Panda Cross with a lift kit and oversize all terrain tyres, like from Nitto. That way you'll never worry about handling, corner speed, grip, all those things ever again! Think about it:

Miss an apex? Next time aim RIGHT AT IT! Who cares if there's a giant curb right at the entry of the corner, just drive right OVER the apex instead! Feel the satisfaction of hitting your head on the window instead of hitting the apex as your car gets up on two wheels!

Trying to carry your corner speed but understeer scrubbing your momentum? Running wide towards the embankment and into the hedges? Cornering is overrated anyway. Hit that gas pedal and JUMP THAT BUSH! Get some air and feel the excitement of LEAVING THE ROAD BEHIND rather than trying to hold on to it. What good are ramps and ditches if you don't have the suspension travel and tyre compliance to jump them anyway?

Sport Contact? Super Sport? Pah, what do they know about sport. Mountain climbing is a sport. Long jumping is a sport. Gymnastics is a sport. Laying flat on the road and holding onto the asphalt isn't a sport, so why should your tyres act like it is? Where's the fun in that? Get yourself some BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tyres. Go on, you've earned it.

Maybe I'm not so good at this whole 'advice' thing...
I rather buy a 500,- beater car and drive it like a madman on a field / offroad
My mate had a Fiat Punto, after a big jump the engine and transmission broke free so we could drive it anymore
__________________
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Baguette is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Facelift Fiat Panda 319. The Pretender Panda (2012+) 1015 12-01-2018 20:46
(T) Wheel/tire sizes Fiat Panda. (typ 312/319) The Pretender Panda (2012+) 12 14-11-2016 13:39
(G) New Panda 312 fubar70 Panda (2012+) 3 28-08-2016 13:20
(G) Fiat Panda 312/319 84jr0 Panda (2012+) 32 13-08-2016 23:53