Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006   #1
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Sisleys Back


Not been on 4 a while, just brought my resto panda back out of hibernation at my mums (don't ya love em 4 dumping projects on their drive).
Needs a clutch and some paint in winter but has a mystery running problem if anybody out there has had it or has suggestions. Will start OK then tick over as long as you want 20mins/30mins etc, take it on the road and 5 mins later it stalls and fails to start. Give it 5 min break, and she'll start but sluggishly, like she's flooded then stall until you try again immediatly and she fires up??? Any ideas???
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

orange127sport is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-11-2006   #2
eh?
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 3
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 1
Tony M has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Quote Originally Posted by orange127sport

Not been on 4 a while, just brought my resto panda back out of hibernation at my mums (don't ya love em 4 dumping projects on their drive).
Needs a clutch and some paint in winter but has a mystery running problem if anybody out there has had it or has suggestions. Will start OK then tick over as long as you want 20mins/30mins etc, take it on the road and 5 mins later it stalls and fails to start. Give it 5 min break, and she'll start but sluggishly, like she's flooded then stall until you try again immediatly and she fires up??? Any ideas???
vacuum advance?

I have a reconditioned distributor you could try out to see if it's that Neil (welcome back on by the way), i had bought it as the spare as the one i have on seems happy enough at the moment.

other than that maybe fuel filter causing starvation

block needle in the float bowl... causing flooding of the chamber (again i have one you can throw on for effect, it's not new but it's different to the one you have got on).

Tony
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Tony M is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-11-2006   #3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Thanks for the offer Tony. I think I met you at the Fiat bash in N.I.back in May??, you came in the blue 4x4 with alan?? On the right tony aren't I?? Might take you up on that offer, but cars still not ready for road, got a clutch to stick in 1st, but would it be OK to borrow those bits just to try them after I've done the usual service bits if its not fixed it?
We'll speak soon no doubt, I'm only in Clitheroe so a quick jaunt up thro Trough of Bowland and I'd like to have a meet up and talk Fiats for an hour or 2. You don't happen to have any part of the grey sisley interior (seats). Don't want to braek a full set up but the base of my drivers seat is split and I got the idea of salvaging a bit of the cloth from another seat (maybe even a back seat ) and getting it stitched in......Neil
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

orange127sport is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-11-2006   #4
Northern Ireland
 
JimMagill's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Carrickfergus
Posts: 7,699
Thanks: 82
Trader Rating: 0
JimMagill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Hi Neil!

I'd a wonky fuel pump that had a wee split in it that allowed it to run a tick over and drive for a short while then conk out.

It had enough pressure to fill the bowl at idle but it gave up when you started driving it, then after sitting for a while it would build up pressue and allow another few miles....

Unlikely but I've always wanted to share that story of the Fiat that I spent a fortune on for the sake of 2p of rubber....

Jim
__________________
LittleFiatAdventure
JimMagill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-11-2006   #5
It's a bit noisy
 
FuzzyPanda's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 2,369
Thanks: 5
Trader Rating: 1
FuzzyPanda has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Hi Neil, were you in the convoy to the AI event in Gaydon with myself, Jim, the 850 and the 131s? I suppose you must be as there aren't many orange 127 Sports remaining 'eh...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

FuzzyPanda is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-11-2006   #6
eh?
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 3
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 1
Tony M has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Quote Originally Posted by orange127sport
Thanks for the offer Tony. I think I met you at the Fiat bash in N.I.back in May??, you came in the blue 4x4 with alan?? On the right tony aren't I?? Might take you up on that offer, but cars still not ready for road, got a clutch to stick in 1st, but would it be OK to borrow those bits just to try them after I've done the usual service bits if its not fixed it?
We'll speak soon no doubt, I'm only in Clitheroe so a quick jaunt up thro Trough of Bowland and I'd like to have a meet up and talk Fiats for an hour or 2. You don't happen to have any part of the grey sisley interior (seats). Don't want to braek a full set up but the base of my drivers seat is split and I got the idea of salvaging a bit of the cloth from another seat (maybe even a back seat ) and getting it stitched in......Neil
Hi Neil, yep that was me in Northern Ireland.

Clitheroe is only down the road... less than an hour i think to get there.

might be able to help out with the material bit too... I have got a cover for the top of the passenger seat that i had gotten off Steve (big thanks Steve for that) but i haven't gotten around to swapping them over.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Tony M is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-11-2006   #7
1 Key operation!
 
Sprox's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cornwall!!!!!
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 2
Sprox has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Quote Originally Posted by e505jpy
Hi Neil!

I'd a wonky fuel pump that had a wee split in it that allowed it to run a tick over and drive for a short while then conk out.

It had enough pressure to fill the bowl at idle but it gave up when you started driving it, then after sitting for a while it would build up pressue and allow another few miles....

Unlikely but I've always wanted to share that story of the Fiat that I spent a fortune on for the sake of 2p of rubber....

Jim
Bugger! I recognise those symptoms!!!!! too late now though!!!!! i had a very funny journey from Reading to Newcastle in Mr Bump along A roads the day I picked him up!!!!
__________________
More Rock!
Less Roll!
Sprox is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-11-2006   #8
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Messages for Jim, Fozzy and Tony

Hiya Jim, your theory sounds spot on cos it dies like its short of fuel, won't rev cleanly, splutters etc then dies completely, will check the fuel pump 1st cos you heard that engine run when you were over with Stuart and you commented it sounded a sweet engine.Thanks to everybody for the suggestions.

Fozzy, I was in the 850 on the gaydon run, the 127sport used to be mine now nigels got it.

Tony, sort a meet out mate ASAP if you want
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

orange127sport is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-11-2006   #9
It's a bit noisy
 
FuzzyPanda's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 2,369
Thanks: 5
Trader Rating: 1
FuzzyPanda has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Messages for Jim, Fozzy and Tony

Quote Originally Posted by orange127sport
Fozzy, I was in the 850 on the gaydon run, the 127sport used to be mine now nigels got it.
It all makes sense now. Pleased to see you on here.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

FuzzyPanda is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-11-2006   #10
eh?
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 3
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 1
Tony M has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Messages for Jim, Fozzy and Tony

Quote Originally Posted by orange127sport
Tony, sort a meet out mate ASAP if you want
will do as soon as i don't have to go through the coppers jar to get petrol money to go to work and back.

maybe Sunday mate... Saturday even... I have to go to preston to pick up my sump guard and roof rack bits i am having chemically treated.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Tony M is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-11-2006   #11
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 67
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Sisleys Back

Tony,
Will have to be early sat aft or late sun aft/night but let me know(private message please, cos it'll alert me via email)
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

orange127sport is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Help - blowing back through inlet - won;t start Hallsy200sx Cinquecento / Seicento 10 24-10-2005 19:41
Back from Tenerife! Dazza Leisure Lounge 3 22-07-2005 00:21
(G) Im Back EvilJaxx Cinquecento / Seicento 2 21-07-2005 21:25
(T) Rear brake back plate... bravabob Cinquecento / Seicento 7 18-07-2005 00:02
(G) guess whos back? still_S.L.Y. Stilo 0 27-08-2004 08:31