Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2016   #1
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Heater and speedometer problems

Hi everyone , here is the 2 issues I have, my heater don't work on any setting, I followed the instructions of everyone's
Replays in the forums, I replaced the resistor under the glove box, but unfortunately it has not worked , I don't know what to do now, the speedometer problem is it don't work, all the other clocks work fine , just the speedo has stopped for some strange reason , is there a fuse I need to look for , that goes for the heater to, thank you everyone for your help , I really appreciate it , regards Connor
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Connorsky64 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2016   #2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 21,223
Thanks: 752
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Connorsky64 View Post
Hi everyone , here is the 2 issues I have, my heater don't work on any setting, I followed the instructions of everyone's
Replays in the forums, I replaced the resistor under the glove box, but unfortunately it has not worked , I don't know what to do now, the speedometer problem is it don't work, all the other clocks work fine , just the speedo has stopped for some strange reason , is there a fuse I need to look for , that goes for the heater to, thank you everyone for your help , I really appreciate it , regards Connor
Hi. Remove fan motor. Check it works. Then check for 12 volts at the power lead plug.

Speedo has a sensor on top of gearbox
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2016   #3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Thanks for getting back to me varesecrazy, can you tell me were the fan motor is ,
Do I need to take the dash board out , regards connor
Likes varesecrazy liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Connorsky64 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2016   #4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 21,223
Thanks: 752
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Usually a case of looking UP from passenger footwell

The guide at top of FAQ s .. GrandePunto section will be a good start.
Charlie
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2016   #5
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Thanks Charlie, I will have a look at it , also I checked the sensor on the gear box everything looked ok
I have no idea how to test if the sensor works or not , in your opinion could the speedometer part of the clock be knackered , should I buy new clocks ,thanks for your help connor
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Connorsky64 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2016   #6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 21,223
Thanks: 752
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Quote Originally Posted by Connorsky64 View Post
Thanks Charlie, I will have a look at it , also I checked the sensor on the gear box everything looked ok
I have no idea how to test if the sensor works or not , in your opinion could the speedometer part of the clock be knackered , should I buy new clocks ,thanks for your help connor
Hi again,
chances are you can check for voltage in the sender on gearbox,

not something I've needed to do..,
anything else not working..you may have lost an earth connection..or even a fuse

if you connect to the OBD port.. maybe you can see if the speedo / odo is connected still
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2016   #7
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Sorry Charlie , I am really thick when it comes to vehicles, I no nothing about them or were anything is on them, can you tell me what the obd is and we're to find it , also what do I connect to it , sorry to be a pain ,
Regards Connor
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Connorsky64 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2016   #8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 21,223
Thanks: 752
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

Quote Originally Posted by Connorsky64 View Post
Sorry Charlie , I am really thick when it comes to vehicles, I no nothing about them or were anything is on them, can you tell me what the obd is and we're to find it , also what do I connect to it , sorry to be a pain ,
Regards Connor
look in the Doblo section - bottom of homepage

normally a socket at fusebox next to drivers knee,

Charlie - Oxford
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-03-2016   #9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Heater and speedometer problems

When the speedo stopped on my 2004JTD ( the day before the MOT) I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected for a few mins, the ECU reset its self and the speedo came back to life.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

piratepaul is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Speedometer & Milometer Problems La Volpe Punto (Mk2/2b) 19 10-07-2014 13:54
seicento speedometer problems danielscott Lets Talk FIAT 2 30-11-2009 21:41
(T) Gears, Speedometer and major problems.... appaz88 Punto (Mk2/2b) 3 13-10-2009 14:37
(T) Help please. Speedometer & Rev Counter problems with my Ulysse ratboy125 Ulysse 1 20-08-2009 15:12
(G) Speedometer and Starter Motor Problems MikeSalt Punto (Mk2/2b) 4 11-07-2008 09:41