Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-05-2018   #1
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 74
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
My Fiat Grande Punto

This is my 2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 8V
It's nothing fancy, but gets the job done. This has turned into more of a project for me, I have plans to make it more aesthetically pleasing such as;
- Obtain colour coded door mirrors and handles. This will be difficult, I think.
- Obtain Fiat alloys and replace those horrid steel wheels.
- Install front fog lights, I've read up on how to do this and plus I need a new engine bay fuse box anyway as some bright spark ripped the contacts out for one of the fuses
Basically, it's going to keep me occupied for a while as it's got some other non aesthetic aspects that need dealing with first.
Click image for larger version

Name:	onxbsgv.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	191183

I've got some plans on other small upgrades;
- Install AC, I've got a friend willing to do this for me for the price of a beer, and that I provide the parts. Sounds difficult, but he has done it before on other cars.
- AUX Cable, something I'm doing tomorrow and probably the most simple thing to do. Well touch wood anyway.

I got the car cheap, so it's worth doing when I get some spare time. I get bored easily so it's actually a good use of time when not studying or working.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Imaginative Lad is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginative Lad View Post
This is my 2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 8V
It's nothing fancy, but gets the job done. This has turned into more of a project for me, I have plans to make it more aesthetically pleasing such as;
- Obtain colour coded door mirrors and handles. This will be difficult, I think.
- Obtain Fiat alloys and replace those horrid steel wheels.
- Install front fog lights, I've read up on how to do this and plus I need a new engine bay fuse box anyway as some bright spark ripped the contacts out for one of the fuses
Basically, it's going to keep me occupied for a while as it's got some other non aesthetic aspects that need dealing with first.
Attachment 191183

I've got some plans on other small upgrades;
- Install AC, I've got a friend willing to do this for me for the price of a beer, and that I provide the parts. Sounds difficult, but he has done it before on other cars.
- AUX Cable, something I'm doing tomorrow and probably the most simple thing to do. Well touch wood anyway.

I got the car cheap, so it's worth doing when I get some spare time. I get bored easily so it's actually a good use of time when not studying or working.
Did you manage to install the fog lights and the AC?
If so how?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

UltraFiatboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 74
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by UltraFiatboy View Post
Did you manage to install the fog lights and the AC?
If so how?
Quote Originally Posted by UltraFiatboy View Post
Did you manage to install the fog lights and the AC?
If so how?
I never got round to installing the a/c. The car itself ended up being sold for spares and repairs due to rust and gearbox issues. Basically almost blew the engine as that too was knocking.
I did order and attempt the fogs but it kept causing issues with the dashboard
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Imaginative Lad is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto

I also have such a fiat and I can tell you that this is not a bad car at all if for a family
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Nutricent is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginative Lad View Post
I never got round to installing the a/c. The car itself ended up being sold for spares and repairs due to rust and gearbox issues. Basically almost blew the engine as that too was knocking.
I did order and attempt the fogs but it kept causing issues with the dashboard
Ahh what a shame. But how did you manage to get the fog lights working? Because I got mine installed and connected but it wont turn on..
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

UltraFiatboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 74
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by UltraFiatboy View Post
Ahh what a shame. But how did you manage to get the fog lights working? Because I got mine installed and connected but it wont turn on..
multiecuscan software and a usb obd2, I think it was proxy alignment or something similar to that. I've not opened the software for a long time so wouldn't know exactly. I know it puts the ECU in like factory mode which allowed me to calibrate the phonic wheel after timing belt change. Apparently the same setting allows the ECU to pickup new functions? I got a pinout diagram and found the pins for fogs and also installed a fuse box from a model which had fogs which I got from a fiat breakers.

They never did work though, they just made the dashboard light up various different lights. I assume as mine was never intended to have fogs, being an active model. When I got rid of the car I reverted everything back and left it in the boot for the new owner.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Imaginative Lad is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Netherlands 
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginative Lad View Post
multiecuscan software and a usb obd2, I think it was proxy alignment or something similar to that. I've not opened the software for a long time so wouldn't know exactly. I know it puts the ECU in like factory mode which allowed me to calibrate the phonic wheel after timing belt change. Apparently the same setting allows the ECU to pickup new functions? I got a pinout diagram and found the pins for fogs and also installed a fuse box from a model which had fogs which I got from a fiat breakers.

They never did work though, they just made the dashboard light up various different lights. I assume as mine was never intended to have fogs, being an active model. When I got rid of the car I reverted everything back and left it in the boot for the new owner.
Okay and what kind of OBD2 scanner did you use, because the once I used won't let me connect to the can of the car
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

UltraFiatboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 74
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by UltraFiatboy View Post
Okay and what kind of OBD2 scanner did you use, because the once I used won't let me connect to the can of the car
You need a ELM327 modified for Fiat. I'll attach a screenshot of what I used which is no longer for sale here. It's the second one, the top one is for my ford.

https://imgur.com/a/CEcPGHD
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Imaginative Lad is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump