Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2008   #31
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Just thought i would post some new pics up.

I haven't done much since buying the car, just plenty of TLC, enjoying the car's power and fuel economy.

I replace the egg yolk indicator bulbs yesterday and omg they look so much better, i also replaced the standard headlamp bulbs for some philips extreme 80 % brighter.

Headlamps before, with standard egg yolk look indicator bulbs, and headlamps after with silver indicator bulbs fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00712.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	49965   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00713.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	49966  

__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo

Last edited by payney1; 11-09-2008 at 13:09.
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2009   #32
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

As the weather has been quite good this week i decided to give my car a little bit of a detailing session, though i ended up having to rush it as i knew i was going to run out of light.

Products used:

Snow foam from autobrite - i wasn't too impressed with this stuff as the car was still quite dirty, though it was absolutely minging.
Lambs wool wash mitt
Bit hambler - autowash, soft clay, polish (can't remember it's name) - well impressed with this stuff

Before



Snow foamed




After washing with bit hambler



Finished article - the day after



As the lighter nights come in i'll be able to spend longer and take more time as i really rushed the claying and polishing part

Bit Hambler is very impressive

Comments and thoughts welcome
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo

Last edited by payney1; 19-02-2009 at 15:09.
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2009   #33
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: all over the place
Posts: 3,427
Thanks: 83
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Were did you get ur snowfoam kit from? Fancied trying this to mine when detailed it last time
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

1.8Stilo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2009   #34
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8Stilo View Post
Were did you get ur snowfoam kit from? Fancied trying this to mine when detailed it last time
Snow foam is from Autobrite? (think thats what they are called) if you have a look in the group buy section you can get it cheaper, but i believe the bit hambler stuff is supposed to be good, and judging by what i have seen of bit hambler already it wouldn't surprise me. I'm stuck with two tubs of the stuff so will have to get some BH snow foam when this runs out
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-09-2009   #35
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Finally got round to getting my springs (Eibach Sport Lines) fitted a few weeks ago, and what a difference it makes, puts an even bigger smile on my face now









Well worth the money.

Looking forward to doing other things to it in the near future.
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-09-2009   #36
I`m livin` life`s good
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 124
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Jetstar Grande has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by payney1 View Post
Finally got round to getting my springs (Eibach Sport Lines) fitted a few weeks ago, and what a difference it makes, puts an even bigger smile on my face now









Well worth the money.

Looking forward to doing other things to it in the near future.


Hi Neil, long time since we last spoke hope all is well with you.

your MJ is looking pretty good and always clean

I drove home from Livepool last Sunday night got home and the headlights wont turn off unless the ignition is turned off, anyway got the AA man out who said it more than likely the light switch on the indicator stalk busted so its booked into my local Fiat dealer tomorrow afternoon and I hope its covered under the 3rd year warranty.

Cliff (also LFC fan )
Thanks payney1 thanked for this post
__________________
GP 1.3 MJ - Dynamic
5 speed manual
Rock n Roll Blue
Blue & me
Love it !
Jetstar Grande is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-09-2009   #37
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstar Grande View Post
Hi Neil, long time since we last spoke hope all is well with you.

your MJ is looking pretty good and always clean

I drove home from Livepool last Sunday night got home and the headlights wont turn off unless the ignition is turned off, anyway got the AA man out who said it more than likely the light switch on the indicator stalk busted so its booked into my local Fiat dealer tomorrow afternoon and I hope its covered under the 3rd year warranty.

Cliff (also LFC fan )
Thanks for your comments Cliff

Unfortunately mate 3rd year warranty is engine and drive train only, so indicator stalk won't be covered. Phone around other dealers and see if the price varies - if it's anything like fiats servicing

I had the AA out to my car two weeks ago, just two days before going on holiday - doh!! lol Tootering along the road and engine management light came on - check engine - got home a few minutes later, pulled bonnet up, yep engines still there lol. Turns out it was the EGR valve, which was replaced last Friday during it's second year service.

Nice to see another LFC fan on here
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-09-2009   #38
I`m livin` life`s good
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 124
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Jetstar Grande has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by payney1 View Post
Thanks for your comments Cliff

Unfortunately mate 3rd year warranty is engine and drive train only, so indicator stalk won't be covered. Phone around other dealers and see if the price varies - if it's anything like fiats servicing

I had the AA out to my car two weeks ago, just two days before going on holiday - doh!! lol Tootering along the road and engine management light came on - check engine - got home a few minutes later, pulled bonnet up, yep engines still there lol. Turns out it was the EGR valve, which was replaced last Friday during it's second year service.

Nice to see another LFC fan on here


yes a few of us on FF - must be something to do with the 5 Euro cups we have


well i`ll see what Fiat say here in Manc land and hope its a quick repair like the AA man said assuming it is the light stalk.
coincidently the AA man told me if ever the engine management light comes on not to take the car to the main dealers as they charge a small fortune just to diagnose the fault so your case highlights this if anyone has doubts just call your AA/RAC etc .

cheers
__________________
GP 1.3 MJ - Dynamic
5 speed manual
Rock n Roll Blue
Blue & me
Love it !
Jetstar Grande is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-09-2009   #39
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstar Grande View Post
yes a few of us on FF - must be something to do with the 5 Euro cups we have
LMFAO

Quote Quote:

well i`ll see what Fiat say here in Manc land and hope its a quick repair like the AA man said assuming it is the light stalk.
coincidently the AA man told me if ever the engine management light comes on not to take the car to the main dealers as they charge a small fortune just to diagnose the fault so your case highlights this if anyone has doubts just call your AA/RAC etc .

cheers
For the past few months i have been taking my car to Forward Autos in St Helens, and the service is really good, by far better than any other Fiat dealer i have dealt with, and i've dealt with 4, though one of them, the one in Bootle, has recently been flattened and is about to become a Lidl.

Not sure how much the indicator stalks cost, but i think they are really simple to fit, i stand corrected if they're not lol.

That's a good idea about getting the AA/RAC out to read your engine fault code lol.

The dealer did not think it was the EGR valve at first cause there was no loss in performance, thankfully, but it had failed open as opposed to shut, something which they had not seen before - everyday's a school day
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 25-02-2010   #40
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The GPS Mjet

I've done the cheapest and best modification - FF stickers




Still to do:

Will be going for a remap this year. Will be taking a trip down south to visit Red Dot.

Vinyl the front.

Paint the calipers.

Replacement Airfilter - probably a K&N one.

Forge underbody braces.

__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 25-02-2010   #41
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: all over the place
Posts: 3,427
Thanks: 83
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

sweet looks nice mate

those wheels need to be anthracite especially with the nice grey paintwork
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

1.8Stilo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 26-02-2010   #42
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8Stilo View Post
sweet looks nice mate

those wheels need to be anthracite especially with the nice grey paintwork
Thanks matey

Painting the wheels is still a thought in the back of my mind. And it's funny you should say that, cause it just so happens that i now have a full size Mjet spare wheel, which has been painted anthracite

I ended up with two spare Mjet wheels for 50, thanks to Rob
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-02-2010   #43
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by payney1 View Post
Thanks matey

Painting the wheels is still a thought in the back of my mind. And it's funny you should say that, cause it just so happens that i now have a full size Mjet spare wheel, which has been painted anthracite

I ended up with two spare Mjet wheels for 50, thanks to Rob
Wanna flog me one mate?
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-07-2010   #44
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Had my wheels painted and repaired yesterday.

I had recently gained a love for kerbs, they were starting to corrode and the alloy was flaking off the wheels.

National Alloys in Widnes, they a really good job and i'm well pleased with the outcome.







__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-07-2010   #45
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
payney1 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Wanna flog me one mate?
To be honest foxy lad the one on top of the shed isn't really that good, it's in quite a poor condition and would only be used as a very last resort.

I'll take a picture of it so you can see how damaged it is
__________________
Gone - 1.9 GP Sporting.
Gone - 1.4 NA Bravo
Now - 2.0 165 Sport Mjet Bravo
payney1 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Seicento/Cinquecento non sporting lowering suspension to a sporting ostlere Cinquecento / Seicento 5 28-02-2011 13:26
(G) Punto Sporting Mk1 16v/85 VS Cinquecento Sporting ? ytareh Punto (Mk1) 8 02-07-2009 15:44
(T) Do Mk1 sporting pads and disks fit a Mk2 sporting? East Upper Gooner Punto (Mk2/2b) 1 09-02-2009 00:18
(G) Punto Mk2 sporting Side Skirts will these fit Mk1 sporting PhilzPunto Punto (Mk2/2b) 0 13-04-2008 14:52