Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006   #1
Geek of the Week
 
smokeyjoe03's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2,740
Thanks: 104
Trader Rating: 1
smokeyjoe03 has donated!
Aniki Pingpong Champion, Rat Zapper Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion
United Kingdom 
Anti halfords sticky

I HATE HALFORDS!!!!!!!!

These are not just my words, i guess everyone has used them atleast once.

So here is my suggestion, in the car care forum put a sticky where people can rant about how much halfords suck. This means they won't have to clutter up other threads with their negative but necessary comments on THAT shop.

Please consider

Thanks
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

smokeyjoe03 is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #2
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,448
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

why in the car care section? them sort of products you just walk in and pick them up off the shelf, cant see there being a problem there
__________________
dave is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #3
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,187
Thanks: 123
Trader Rating: 16
beau has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

i hate them cos i got paint mixed, they gave it to me with all paint on the bottom of the can, and i was holding it against my nice new 50 t-shirt, and yes im sure you can see what happened... wrecked
__________________

Maserati 3200 GT Coupe
beau is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #4
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,448
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

Quote Originally Posted by beau_4076
i hate them cos i got paint mixed, they gave it to me with all paint on the bottom of the can, and i was holding it against my nice new 50 t-shirt, and yes im sure you can see what happened... wrecked
but that would be a bodyshop thread
__________________
dave is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #5
Bassist Extraordinaire
 
bassy-alex's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 396
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
bassy-alex has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

I know they can be pretty expensive, and that most of their employees have the personality of ex-cons, but, I bought one of their pre-mixed spray cans the other day, and it is a surprisingly good match!
__________________
Mpi Sei sporting - i'll add specs when ive finished the spruce up....

check out my tunes @
www.myspace.com/alexjenningz
bassy-alex is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #6
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wigan
Posts: 1,470
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

I think the main gripes with McHelfrauds is the extortinate prices they charge and the untrained monkeys they have walking around.

Granted there a few of their employees who know their stuff but that is expected. Its the monkeys who gime themselves a bad name. A friend and myself used to amuse ourselves at lunchtime by asking the monkeys questions to get their response. A favourite was asking for some fallopian tube. Yip - the went looking.

I remeber Nige telling me about trying to purchase some plugs for his V8 Jag. They called him back stating that they had a full set. When he got down there they presented him with the full set of 4 pmsl
__________________
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/misctemp/ownersclub.gif
Quote Originally Posted by mase
offical.... legend status!!!
wimmy is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #7
Status: DEFCON Grumpy
 
custard's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 30,129
Thanks: 495
Trader Rating: 1
custard has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

of course very little motor factors are open on a sunday morning when that (insert part) breaks that halfords may stock
custard is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #8
jug
blessed are the apostates
 
jug's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Durham
Posts: 13,806
Thanks: 554
Trader Rating: 1
jug has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

i dont want a sticky thread especially for halfrauds related moaning, i like to spread the word all over the forum to make sure the slow ones at the back hear about it too.
__________________
2.0 twinspark veloce
jug is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #9
Geek of the Week
 
smokeyjoe03's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2,740
Thanks: 104
Trader Rating: 1
smokeyjoe03 has donated!
Aniki Pingpong Champion, Rat Zapper Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

LOL Maybe I should have made this post a poll??

And you can't say Hellfrauds is a body shop, The only things I would ever trust to work from there are no smoking signs and furry dice, hence Car Care.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

smokeyjoe03 is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,448
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe03
And you can't say Hellfrauds is a body shop, The only things I would ever trust to work from there are no smoking signs and furry dice, hence Car Care.
no one said they was a body shop, furry dice and no smoking signs is not car care,
__________________
dave is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #11
Doblo Moderator
 
Ozzie1989's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 1,929
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
Ozzie1989 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

I do agree that I've been to some appauling stores, but the store I work for Newport Road in Cardiff, Wales... is one of the best stores in the UK. They will only employ people who can pass a general knowledge test on cars etc. and we go through a lot of training before being allowed to serve customers. Designated people are allowed to make number plates, mix pains, fit bulbs, batteries, head units etc. and you can only do them after you have shown your competence in front of the manager in being able to do that particular thing.

Now I know you probably just think I'm saying that but, do give the good stores come credit. I spent a few days over the past few weeks going round the "worse" stores trying to inject some good customer service into them and I cannot get over how the stores are run and who is employed. But that was my job, to try to get them up to scratch! And what people do they pick to do that job all over the UK... people from my store and a selection of other GOOD halfords stores
__________________
No Longer a Doblo Owner
Ozzie1989 is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #12
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,448
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie1989
I do agree that I've been to some appauling stores, but the store I work for Newport Road in Cardiff, Wales... is one of the best stores in the UK. They will only employ people who can pass a general knowledge test on cars etc. and we go through a lot of training before being allowed to serve customers. Designated people are allowed to make number plates, mix pains, fit bulbs, batteries, head units etc. and you can only do them after you have shown your competence in front of the manager in being able to do that particular thing.

Now I know you probably just think I'm saying that but, do give the good stores come credit. I spent a few days over the past few weeks going round the "worse" stores trying to inject some good customer service into them and I cannot get over how the stores are run and who is employed. But that was my job, to try to get them up to scratch! And what people do they pick to do that job all over the UK... people from my store and a selection of other GOOD halfords stores
so if we come into your store how long would it take you to find the fallopian tube?
__________________
dave is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #13
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 947
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 2
Biz has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

I work at Halfords in Purley way, Croydon. (Well since Wed 27th)

Some things i want to share with any potential customers (This is coming from a previous customer and now employee so ive experienced "Both sides od the fence" so to speak)

The right info can go a long way (Vehicle make, model type, Reg number/letter, Paint CODE, etc, etc).............so get it.

The best one today was................"Toyota Corsa".......i did question myself if the woman had any ****ing brains at all?

Like i had the other day (****ing ROVER 75 main beam bulb...............
"What year is the car sir?.........
the reply i got was........."erm....RED" WTF??

Trust me, not every Halfords employee is a dumbass
Just look my gallery
__________________
One day I will be champion.
Biz is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #14
Doblo Moderator
 
Ozzie1989's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 1,929
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
Ozzie1989 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

Quote Originally Posted by dave
so if we come into your store how long would it take you to find the fallopian tube?
I would tell you to visit the Hospital down the road or ask that if you had lost yours I should call an Ambulance straight away

Biz I totally agree with you! We get many customers that know very little about cars, especially when it comes to the mechanics. One lady asked if there was anywhere she could go to eat when I was called down to fit her wiper blades, I informed her and she handed me the keys and said "So I assume you'll be an hour or so doing that then" and I looked puzzled and said "no only 5 minutes at the most" - to cut a long story short she thought you had to go under the bonnet and unbolt lots of things and change the whole mechanism.

By far the best one was when there was a fitting booked in for a stereo as "radio not working properly" so when it came in the guy said "well I'm very dissappointed but I can be listening to a CD and every now and then it just goes onto the radio for no reason..." so I asked if it was usually a traffic announcement... "Yes funnily enough it usually is - now I'd like my money back you cannot sell me a piece of ****..." he went on and proceeded to swear at me and say that we sold him rubbish etc. so after I asked him to stop swearing at me or he could have his keys back and go elsewhere that all he needed to do was turn the traffic button off on the stereo... he was very embarrased and apologised prefusely afterwards
__________________
No Longer a Doblo Owner

Last edited by Ozzie1989; 06-11-2006 at 23:18.
Ozzie1989 is offline
Old 06-11-2006   #15
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 947
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 2
Biz has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Anti halfords sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie1989
I would tell you to visit the Hospital down the road or ask that if you had lost yours I should call an Ambulance straight away

Biz I totally agree with you! We get many customers that know very little about cars, especially when it comes to the mechanics. One lady asked if there was anywhere she could go to eat when I was called down to fit her wiper blades, I informed her and she handed me the keys and said "So I assume you'll be an hour or so doing that then" and I looked puzzled and said "no only 5 minutes at the most" - to cut a long story short she thought you had to go under the bonnet and unbolt lots of things and change the whole mechanism.

By far the best one was when there was a fitting booked in for a stereo as "radio not working properly" so when it came in the guy said "well I'm very dissappointed but I can be listening to a CD and every now and then it just goes onto the radio for no reason..." so I asked if it was usually a traffic announcement... "Yes funnily enough it usually is - now I'd like my money back you cannot sell me a piece of ****..." he went on and proceeded to swear at me and say that we sold him rubbish etc. so after I asked him to stop swearing at me or he could have his keys back and go elsewhere that all he needed to do was turn the traffic button off on the stereo... he was very embarrased and apologised prefusely afterwards
lmao!

One woman yesterday needed a new bulb for her 1998 Volvo right................I looked at the old bulb she (well i think) removed and one of the 3 prongs had BURNT OFF the buld base!!
And the connector block was burnt she said

We'll............it dont take a rocket scientist to see that there has been some serious ****ing high resistance built up there!!

I said to her to get it to volvo ASAP..............Her reply..........."I havent got time"..................well die then in a fire.

Some people do expect more than what halfords as a whole like to promote!

Another good one was a Clutch.............like **** can we do a clutch here.........I could as in me personally..........but i know i cant affliate with halfords for personel benefit
__________________
One day I will be champion.
Biz is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(S) Anyone had halfords mix paint? ger Punto (Mk2/2b) 14 05-04-2006 13:43
(T) Is this a good price from Halfords...... Vesty21 Punto (Mk2/2b) 5 25-01-2006 20:54
(T) Too many sticky topics! StiloBoy Stilo 8 14-08-2005 17:27
(T) anti roll bar bushes broadfield Punto (Mk2/2b) 4 30-04-2004 01:48