Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2016   #76
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,981
Thanks: 67
Trader Rating: 1
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

@steverB45

At least we we found the ditch it was because we were exploring the limit and not because we had no idea what it was.


All manufacturers have to compromise (rather than cut corners) to make a product at within a set budget. Part sharing is part of the process. Quite frankly I appreciate it. Otherwise I wouldn't have a 1242 Punto 60S engine and 75 866 cam' withing to drop into a Panda sometime.

__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Liquid Knight is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-11-2016   #77
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,285
Thanks: 1457
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRKett View Post
I note I recent thread of yours where you had to pay out to have a new sump as yours had rusted through.
This is a prime example of poor engineering, cheap parts not properly protected and they rust, it's not something you ever notice on other cars, it's usually very unfortunate for a sump to rust though. In the same thread I note you've spent £900 in the last year on repairs which doesn't say quality and reliability at all, you could probably bought a whole second panda for the costs spent on repairing yours. In this respect you are your own argument against fiat quality and reliability and the reason people have a poor view of Italian cars.
another out of touch with the real world post, like springs metal sumps on lots of makes of cars are common things to rust away these days,
Likes Gavv8 liked this post
__________________
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
Albert Einstein.
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-11-2016   #78
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 8,148
Thanks: 353
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
another out of touch with the real world post, like springs metal sumps on lots of makes of cars are common things to rust away these days,

Springs rust and break not uncommon at all and not what was being discussed.

Rusting sumps however are very uncommon especially on a 10 - 12 year old car, one of the main reasons being that many modern cars have aluminium sumps.

The "out of touch with the real world" made me laugh though, as if sump rusting is a serious problem affecting the western world, that all people should concern the,self with.
__________________
For all my Punto and Punto Grande Instructional Videos Visit My YouTube page
MyNew Website is now at www.puntohowto.com
Or check out the Facebook Punto page
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-11-2016   #79
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,285
Thanks: 1457
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRKett View Post

The "out of touch with the real world" made me laugh though, as if sump rusting is a serious problem affecting the western world, that all people should concern the,self with.
When you are on a car forum discussing car parts with car people ( or just slagging them off in your case) then you should at least have some concern of what you are talking about. Or you end up giving out crap info that most know is wrong. Ask any small garage that works mainly on older cars and any honest one will tell you that fiat metal sumps are no worse than any other car of the same age with a metal sump.
Likes SB1500, Gavv8 liked this post
__________________
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
Albert Einstein.
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-11-2016   #80
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 8,148
Thanks: 353
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
Ask any small garage that works mainly on older cars and any honest one will tell you that fiat metal sumps are no worse than any other car of the same age with a metal sump.

Thanks for that overwhelming evidence.

When you say "any honest one" I presume you mean any that shares your opinion.

As previously state most sumps are alloy now and the ones that are steel last a lot longer than the tin bolted to fiat engines.
__________________
For all my Punto and Punto Grande Instructional Videos Visit My YouTube page
MyNew Website is now at www.puntohowto.com
Or check out the Facebook Punto page

Last edited by AndyRKett; 20-11-2016 at 23:48.
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-11-2016   #81
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 425
Thanks: 11
Trader Rating: 0
dragonwagon has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

With all due respect, having to replace a sump after 10 -12 years on the road is not a major catastrophe nor an indication of inferior quality. It is simply a reflection of how much salt a car will have endured if you live anywhere north of Watford. Fiat are not the only guilty party and alloy sumps can and do crack quite readily (and occasionally shatter) on rough / poor roads. I'd rather throw my lot in with a dentable, rusting tin pan sump any day.
Likes lxocallaghan, SB1500, Gavv8, dave liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

dragonwagon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2017   #82
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cirencester
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
lxocallaghan has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

I hate the Citreon Cactus, I agree its different and is admirable putting your reputation on the line, but those ugly corrugated parts on the door are ugly asf. Just realised why they introduced this, tis imply to stop idiot drivers who throw their doors out in a parking bay denting your door, very functional, but not for me!
__________________
"I love my FIAT"

lxocallaghan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2017   #83
***** Whore
 
StevenRB45's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 5,284
Thanks: 76
Trader Rating: 0
StevenRB45 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by lxocallaghan View Post
I hate the Citreon Cactus, I agree its different and is admirable putting your reputation on the line, but those ugly corrugated parts on the door are ugly asf. Just realised why they introduced this, tis imply to stop idiot drivers who throw their doors out in a parking bay denting your door, very functional, but not for me!
See this is the reason I like it, it's a car built to provide what you actually need from a car most days. Basically big inside, bash proof, wipe clean, enough speed to keep up with traffic and a little in reserve, decent ride quality.

Yes it has absolutely no sporting pretense whatsoever, but that's OK, certainly better than ds3 which has the same engines and chassis. At least it rides properly and lack of pretense means you can forgive the crap gear change and lack of steering feel which on a "sporty" hatchback are just plain crap.
Likes puntofan01 liked this post
__________________
StevenRB45 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2017   #84
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cirencester
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
lxocallaghan has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

It's a bit too sensible for me but its actually a good all rounder in that respects. However the car is still visual diarrhoea, so sticking to my guns on this one! :wink:

It's nailed functionality but at a sacrifice for visual pleasure.
__________________
"I love my FIAT"

lxocallaghan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2017   #85
***** Whore
 
StevenRB45's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 5,284
Thanks: 76
Trader Rating: 0
StevenRB45 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

If you're not interested in cars it's bob on as a shopping biff about. But yes if you want your car to look dynamic or make a statement other than I don't give a f### it's probably not for you.
__________________
StevenRB45 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-01-2017   #86
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,315
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by lxocallaghan View Post
It's a bit too sensible for me but its actually a good all rounder in that respects. However the car is still visual diarrhoea, so sticking to my guns on this one! :wink:

It's nailed functionality but at a sacrifice for visual pleasure.
Quote Originally Posted by StevenRB45 View Post
If you're not interested in cars it's bob on as a shopping biff about. But yes if you want your car to look dynamic or make a statement other than I don't give a f### it's probably not for you.
Agree on all points here.

Although I did see one in black with black (rubber? bumpers? pillows?) and it actually looked pretty smart!
Likes Tommy boy liked this post
__________________
pretty much amazing.
Ruining my Fiat 500 since 2011. × Scenehunters. ×
Noxide is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-01-2017   #87
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cirencester
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
lxocallaghan has donated!
United Kingdom 
The top 10 cars you hate...

@StevenRB45 Agreed

As for a black out version, most cars are substantially better looking with this design, and having those corrugated parts blend in would likely look 15x better, however black out cars are too bland for my taste.
__________________
"I love my FIAT"

lxocallaghan is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-01-2017   #88
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 667
Thanks: 24
Trader Rating: 1
The Panda Nut has donated!
The Panda Nut is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

All Audis and all BMWs. Are there ANY drivers of these two makes that have ANY manners at all? Sorry to anyone who does but they are VERY few and far between.

I once considered buying a BMW, but while at the dealers waiting to speak to someone, there were three phone calls incoming which were people reorting vandalism and wanting repairs and new glass. I wonder whether its the way tehy are treated that makes so many of the drivers behave like arrogant, ignorant yobs or if its the yobism that has resulted in the vandalism? Its quite a shame as both brands are good to drive and beautifully made. At this stage however I would sooner set myself on fire than drive either.

Don't like VWs either but that is based on their corrupt corporate behaviour on emissions declarations, and experience of their after sales service which is very very poor; as is their turbo technology and paintwork.

Why can't all cars be just a bit more like the Fiat Panda 100HP???
Likes puntofan01 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Panda Nut is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-01-2017   #89
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

I only like fiats don't like any other car . 😆
Likes Michael Dranfield liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Mr cool is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-01-2017   #90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 8,148
Thanks: 353
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: The top 10 cars you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by petercresswell View Post



Don't like VWs either but that is based on their corrupt corporate behaviour on emissions declarations

I think fiat are very much in the same camp now
__________________
For all my Punto and Punto Grande Instructional Videos Visit My YouTube page
MyNew Website is now at www.puntohowto.com
Or check out the Facebook Punto page
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things you hate on cars ewandougie Leisure Lounge 243 13-11-2008 14:59
(G) I hate cars Chris0288 Punto (Mk2/2b) 22 04-10-2005 21:39