Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2019   #8326
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Schumi2001 View Post
Thing is, it's not WW2. The EU has presided over one of the longest periods of peace and prosperity across the continent in history.

Farage with his air raid sirens making it sound like we're under attack is perfect for his xenophobic and knuckle dragging followers. They love it.

Patriotic, innit.
The EU is not the sole reason nor credit for the longest period of peace in the continent. Itís the people who lived through it and saw it for what it was, and naturally, could agree that nothing like this should ever be faced by anything on the earth ever again. As we can all understand.

In fact, a Europe wide army... lack of democratic process... sound familiar?

Oh wait, people DID vote Hitler in....

Alright; now thatís getting a little carried away.

But your point illustrates a very sound principle for wanting to leave the EU. That original EU agreement and trade provision? Fantastic. No issues there.

What the EU has mutated into and exists as today? It goes way beyond trade. Thatís the issue most people have with it, simply put.
Likes puntofan01 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8327
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 463
Thanks: 27
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

It's utterly laughable the situation we're in.

Like it or not, the EU is at least partially responsible for an extended period of European harmony. A common goal, fair trade between countries.

And I still don't have any Brexiteers who can give me a reason why the EU has made their life worse than it would be without them.

Even more laughable is that we are now asking the EU to co-operate in defending shipping routes. But apparently, EU military co-operation is a bad thing!

It's an unmitigated disaster and every day we find out yet another trade deal that'll be torn up is going to nigh on bankrupt an industry or business - 300% import tax on British Cheeses in Canada. One of the biggest export markets for UK Cheddar!

But they're only cheesemakers - losing them is a price worth paying.
__________________
Alfa 75 TSpark / Fiat Seicento Sporting / Toyota Alphard Campervan / Porsche Boxster S / BMW 520d Lux / BMW R1100S / Ducati 750SS
Schumi2001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8328
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Schumi2001 View Post
It's utterly laughable the situation we're in.

Like it or not, the EU is at least partially responsible for an extended period of European harmony. A common goal, fair trade between countries.

And I still don't have any Brexiteers who can give me a reason why the EU has made their life worse than it would be without them.

Even more laughable is that we are now asking the EU to co-operate in defending shipping routes. But apparently, EU military co-operation is a bad thing!

It's an unmitigated disaster and every day we find out yet another trade deal that'll be torn up is going to nigh on bankrupt an industry or business - 300% import tax on British Cheeses in Canada. One of the biggest export markets for UK Cheddar!

But they're only cheesemakers - losing them is a price worth paying.
https://images.app.goo.gl/KhdJJorLizKayY766
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8329
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 463
Thanks: 27
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

Still no reasons?

Come on, there must be one, really, really bad thing that the EU has done which has been detrimental to your life?

Something that makes it worth tearing up all our trade deals and leaving us at the ONLY nation in the world trading entirely on WTC tariffs?
__________________
Alfa 75 TSpark / Fiat Seicento Sporting / Toyota Alphard Campervan / Porsche Boxster S / BMW 520d Lux / BMW R1100S / Ducati 750SS
Schumi2001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8330
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Schumi2001 View Post
Still no reasons?

Come on, there must be one, really, really bad thing that the EU has done which has been detrimental to your life?

Something that makes it worth tearing up all our trade deals and leaving us at the ONLY nation in the world trading entirely on WTC tariffs?
Itís the fundamentals of how they go about their operations.

Thankfully, weíve avoided the Euro.

Itís not about Ďmeí personally.

Iím sure very little Germans during the Nazi reign were personally affected by Hitlers actions. And benefitted greatly economics wise. So I mean, if you think your logic is proving any sort of point, contemplate how it applies to that ;-)

And remember, Brexitís happening. Whether you like it or not ;-)

And we wonít be the only country to leave, wonít be the end of the world and definitely wonít cause any sort of Ďnon peacefulí era..
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8331
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 463
Thanks: 27
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

As I thought. A wishy-washy nothing.

It's astonishing anyone can vote to royally screw the country based on "I don't like the way they do things" without actually being able to point out anything in particular.

Comparing the EU to Hitler doesn't help your cause, either - just suggests you've been taken in by Farage's hate.
__________________
Alfa 75 TSpark / Fiat Seicento Sporting / Toyota Alphard Campervan / Porsche Boxster S / BMW 520d Lux / BMW R1100S / Ducati 750SS
Schumi2001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8332
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 9,626
Thanks: 432
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by SB1500 View Post
And remember, Brexitís happening. Whether you like it or not ;-)
Will it though?

Theresa couldnít get the job done, Cameron quit at the thought of having to deal with it. The vote was about the closest thing in history and it seems this still carries on in parliament and lords, there needs to be a clear majority to make anything happen and at the moment there appears to be no way that they will get anything through parliament, literally nothing will get a decent level of support.
Likes Schumi2001 liked this post
__________________
Maker and voice behind the YouTube channel PuntoHowTo 10k subscribers canít be wrong

And now the owner of a shiny new PuntoHowTo Drivetribe
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8333
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Schumi2001 View Post
As I thought. A wishy-washy nothing.

It's astonishing anyone can vote to royally screw the country based on "I don't like the way they do things" without actually being able to point out anything in particular.

Comparing the EU to Hitler doesn't help your cause, either - just suggests you've been taken in by Farage's hate.
Well at the end of the day, Iím not an expert. But neither are you. Try to remember that.

You can quote as many news articles and facts as you want, and so can I, to Ďprove our pointsí. But youíll never accept the benefits of leaving in the slightest. Itís a total waste of my time.

I fully accept that thereís benefits of being in the EU, itís undeniable. But I honestly believe weíre better off out of it. And Iím glad itís happening. I donít need to be an expert. Does everybody who votes have to have a full detail understanding of how parliament works? Not really. Just an insight to some current issues and a vague personal opinion in line with their own values to align with and vote for.

Thatís the thing Iíve noticed. Most people I know who want out are capable of seeing the merit on both sides, and understanding that whichever you lean towards isnít black and white. Itís all grey matter and itís very subjective and personal.

But then thereís people like you, largely who want to stay in. Canít understand why anybody would have a different opinion, but if they do theyíre wrong and idiotic etc. Thatís probably why your whole end of the Brexit debate is losing the battle.

You say people like Farage are causing the hate but Iíd bet itís down to people like yourself who donít want to understand the other side and can only laugh at those who are on it. Iím not laughing at you or the EU. I donít like it personally. Itís got its good, but itís got its bad. Thatís reality.

Clearly enough people for whatever reason want out. Youíre in the minority. In want of a better word, deal with it. Get over it.

I mean, If you TRULY believe that weíre idiots and thatís the cause of your whole laughing at the rest of the population I can only pity you as youíre crowd are left behind. The history books will show that the scaremongering and fear of Ďstaying iní were greatly dramatised and whilst itís definitely not going to be easy to leave, itíll have been damn well worth it.

Perhaps youíll be a bit more considerate and reflective of other viewpoints to your own after reading this? But I cannot see it. Prove me wrong? ;-)
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8334
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by AndyRKett View Post
Will it though?

Theresa couldnít get the job done, Cameron quit at the thought of having to deal with it. The vote was about the closest thing in history and it seems this still carries on in parliament and lords, there needs to be a clear majority to make anything happen and at the moment there appears to be no way that they will get anything through parliament, literally nothing will get a decent level of support.
Oh, itís happening. For the record (the record being this post) let it be known that SB1500 Said itís happening, so that when it does indeed happen, I can be quoted as saying I had no doubt all along.

In the event that it doesnít, Iím sure you can quote it too but ... itís happening ;-)
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8335
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 463
Thanks: 27
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

I'm still waiting for that key answer, though.

Why. What is so bad about the EU?

How have they done anything to make life worse in the UK?

It should have been a question before you could vote in the referendum, because nobody actually has a fact based answer.

It's all chest beating 'patriotic, innit' nonsense, with air raid sirens, St. George's crosses and In-ger-lund shirts. Or it's pensioners who've reaped the benefits of being in the EU but are a bit scared of those brown people. The irony being that the EU is nothing to do with the people they don't like.

We remainers aren't the dinosaurs, the dinosaurs want it to be 1950 again, with Britain clinging onto an ever decreasing empire, the Home Service on the radio and everyone talking in the Queens' English.

Just remember this - only 33% of the population voted to leave. And that number is decreasing by the day as they all shuffle off to the afterlife.

We're a laughing stock on the world stage and nobody has yet to come up with a particularly strong argument for leaving - because, honestly, none of the stuff we've been told that was foisted on us by the EU was actually foisted on us by the EU. We're perfectly capable of fecking things up with our own laws - and the EU has probably had a positive influence in telling us 'don't be so bloody stupid' much of the time.
__________________
Alfa 75 TSpark / Fiat Seicento Sporting / Toyota Alphard Campervan / Porsche Boxster S / BMW 520d Lux / BMW R1100S / Ducati 750SS
Schumi2001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-07-2019   #8336
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 9,626
Thanks: 432
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

There is one blinding difference here SB1500, you live in Northern Ireland which is well known for its polarised political and religious views, the two often intertwined, the leaving of Europe, may cause significant problems with the boarder between Northern Ireland and the south which many in Northern Ireland would be happy to see, this is not necessarily based on anything other than the personal views of one group of people who don’t like another, not race, not religion, but literally I don’t like you because you live that side of this imaginary line.

Down here in southern England where the diversity is so vast I can literally walk down a street and meet people from all over the world and they are all equally lovely wonderful people, we probably have a different view.

3 days after the brexit vote I witness a absolute vile character tell one of my colleagues, “you can soon f**k off back to where you came from” now I know for a fact this man did not work because he was a client of ours, he had not worked for a very long time and lived off the state, the person he was talking too was a manager on £40k per year who owned their own house, had 3 children all born in the U.K. they where Spanish by birth and had travelled around multiple eu countries including Germany, they were fluent in German Spanish and English but chose to settle here, pay taxes here, bring up Children who worked and also paid taxes here.

This guy and there are many millions of them sadly is exactly the sort of idiot, (and have no doubt about it, that attitude is nothing but idiotic) that schumi is talking about.
You might not consider yourself to be like this, that’s fine, but i have Northern Irish family I know what it’s like there and how attitudes get carried from one friend to another, or one family member to another. These people are idiots, I would not say however that everyone who voted to leave is an idiot, but there are plenty of them.
Likes Schumi2001 liked this post
__________________
Maker and voice behind the YouTube channel PuntoHowTo 10k subscribers canít be wrong

And now the owner of a shiny new PuntoHowTo Drivetribe

Last edited by AndyRKett; 22-07-2019 at 23:58.
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-07-2019   #8337
Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eckington, Sheffield
Posts: 6,028
Thanks: 135
Trader Rating: 0
dombooth is part of the official FF Events Team :)
dombooth has donated!
dombooth is an honorary friend of the forum :)
DiffSpotter 3 - Rooms Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

Guys this thread is "What's made you smile today?" Can we keep it that way please.
Likes SB1500, Eklipze3k, AndyRKett liked this post
__________________
Current Car: FIAT Bravo 150T Sport
And the mighty Fiat 126!
dombooth is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-07-2019   #8338
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,500
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
SB1500 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

SB1500 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-07-2019   #8339
No strings on me
 
Eklipze3k's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 14,798
Thanks: 652
Trader Rating: 0
Eklipze3k has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

I find it hilarious that they've camo'd it even though it looks like every other 500
__________________
Eklipze3k is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-07-2019   #8340
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 463
Thanks: 27
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you smile today? (Part II)

Surely thatís just a testing mule?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Schumi2001 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's made you smile today? angel Leisure Lounge 31640 12-01-2012 17:18