Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2011   #32581
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kilberry, Meath
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 105
Trader Rating: 0
m20b25 has donated!
Ireland 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Army fitness test earlier... We all failed miserably on the 3.2 mile run!!!
__________________
The ultimate driving machine, the real M20B25
"Ride me sideways"
VAN-dalised Bravo
Small, fuel economic, environmentally friendly Alfa
I am this gombeen
m20b25 is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32582
Doesn't own a fiat..
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: York
Posts: 4,104
Thanks: 37
Trader Rating: 0
JustAndy has donated!
Firewall Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

About a week ago my laptop wouldnt load up so i reset to factory settings and lost everything on there, and now its done it again tonight. So again ive lost everything again including all my work from last night and what music i managed to get back onto here. Also i was called into work an hour early and it was really busy. Gr.
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by Eklipze3k View Post
Masturbate before going for a drive, then your balls will be slightly smaller and might not get crushed so badly
JustAndy is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32583
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,454
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by FiatAndy View Post
About a week ago my laptop wouldnt load up so i reset to factory settings and lost everything on there, and now its done it again tonight. So again ive lost everything again including all my work from last night and what music i managed to get back onto here. Also i was called into work an hour early and it was really busy. Gr.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/comput...acking-up.html
__________________
dave is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32584
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,200
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by m20b25 View Post
Army fitness test earlier... We all failed miserably on the 3.2 mile run!!!
Please say thats not the standard to get in now?! I thought it was 1.5 miles!
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
before you wish to get old just remember that while insurance costs go down other things fail to go up.
Quote Originally Posted by balidey View Post
With the help of my wife giving a gentle tug I can get it up in record time, fully erected in under a minute
Kier is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32585
- Amateur Detailer -
 
Rawb's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: March, Cambridgeshire.
Posts: 1,558
Thanks: 52
Trader Rating: 0
Rawb has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Leaving the Fiat fold, Im actually going to dislike the next year of driving.

Xsara 1.9TD. GAH! Hopefully with it being a diesel it should save money on tax, possibly insurance etc. So it shouldn't be too bad, Plus it's about 0.8 seconds faster to 60 than the Punto... HELL YES?!


As for my Punto, I'll be keeping it and bringing it to the Yorkshire Italia meet. Need to totally restore it before though, un till then it'll stay with a cover over it or I may manage to squeeze it in the garage.

I will miss the nimbleness and querkyness of the Punto. No one quite understands why I love it so much, Family are constantly telling me to sell it.
It breaks every time I drive it, but for that little moment it's all fine... Nothing compares to it.

On the plus side, I've got a new job, 20 miles away so that is why I've brought a diesel. If this thing gets less MPG than my Punto i'll actually cry. 38mpg is the aim. We will see.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rawb is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32586
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Nothing has made me Grumpy today...

Eldest daughter moves out into her own place on Feb 5th
My Mortgage is now paid off.
The Hyundai is running great.
Good health for my family.
Still in Full time employment.

So all is good... however...
Fuel price & the inaction of Government on Fuel duty hikes & Fuel Duty stabilizer will soon start to pi$$ me off though....
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32587
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

It's already pissing me off. Currently costing me 0.18 ish per mile on fuel alone at 1.26.9 a litre. Bit of a pain when you can't do your job without a car I guessing according to the coalition I'm not paying enough tax as it is on working and being a contributing member of society.

Typical slimey politicians going back on their word first chance they get.... cnuts!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by ChrisUK; 27-01-2011 at 15:37.
ChrisUK is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32588
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
It's already pissing me off. Currently costing me 0.18 ish per mile on fuel alone at 1.26.9 a litre. Bit of a pain when you can't do your job without a car I guessing according to the coalition I'm not paying enough tax as it is on working and being a contributing member of society.

Typical slimey politicians going back on their word first chance they get.... cnuts!
Lets not discuss Inflation & Interest rate then Chris lol!

By the way.. on my Mortgage... Building Society told us they projected a >12k shortfall on the Endowments... suggested we upped our Monthly payments... we chose to ignore them & the shortfall came in at...



2k! Robbin gits... we'd saved that due to the Interest rates being low, and enjoyed a better lifestyle for 2 years...

Maybe the Investments in the Stock-Market did very very well for that 2 years... I know I'm a cynic lol!
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32589
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Yeah they are saying the same to my dad regarding his endownment mortgage. Like you he told them to sod off.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32590
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chatteris
Posts: 2,004
Thanks: 47
Trader Rating: 0
Rigby has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
Leaving the Fiat fold, Im actually going to dislike the next year of driving.

Xsara 1.9TD. GAH! Hopefully with it being a diesel it should save money on tax, possibly insurance etc. So it shouldn't be too bad, Plus it's about 0.8 seconds faster to 60 than the Punto... HELL YES?!
So your going to the French for reliability?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rigby is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32591
- Amateur Detailer -
 
Rawb's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: March, Cambridgeshire.
Posts: 1,558
Thanks: 52
Trader Rating: 0
Rawb has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
So your going to the French for reliability?
Okay okay, I see your point. It'll be alright for a work horse... After all it's the only decent diesel engine the french did.

Fingers crossed it doesn't break! If it does, I'm going new I've had enough with Fiats for the time being. Tell you one thing, Comfortable seats... YUM!
Plus with me doing about 18,000 miles a year from now... Makes sense with the whole Diesel crap.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rawb is offline
Old 27-01-2011   #32592
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chatteris
Posts: 2,004
Thanks: 47
Trader Rating: 0
Rigby has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
Okay okay, I see your point. It'll be alright for a work horse... After all it's the only decent diesel engine the french did.

Fingers crossed it doesn't break! If it does, I'm going new I've had enough with Fiats for the time being. Tell you one thing, Comfortable seats... YUM!
Plus with me doing about 18,000 miles a year from now... Makes sense with the whole Diesel crap.
The diesel engine that was in my mums 206, 1.9TD, was absolutely terrible, quite economical but completely gutless. The new Audi is much better though
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rigby is offline
Old 28-01-2011   #32593
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kilberry, Meath
Posts: 3,194
Thanks: 105
Trader Rating: 0
m20b25 has donated!
Ireland 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
Please say thats not the standard to get in now?! I thought it was 1.5 miles!
Irish army standard is 3.2 miles, complete the set course in under x amount of time depending on your age. As were all under 25 we failed and failed miserably, our units average age is 22...!

Its near the end of the week and I still havnt my car ready, college on monday, noooo I need more time!!! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed putting Bravos together
__________________
The ultimate driving machine, the real M20B25
"Ride me sideways"
VAN-dalised Bravo
Small, fuel economic, environmentally friendly Alfa
I am this gombeen
m20b25 is offline
Old 28-01-2011   #32594
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,200
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Phew! Makes me feel a bit better! xD.
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
before you wish to get old just remember that while insurance costs go down other things fail to go up.
Quote Originally Posted by balidey View Post
With the help of my wife giving a gentle tug I can get it up in record time, fully erected in under a minute
Kier is offline
Old 28-01-2011   #32595
- Amateur Detailer -
 
Rawb's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: March, Cambridgeshire.
Posts: 1,558
Thanks: 52
Trader Rating: 0
Rawb has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
The diesel engine that was in my mums 206, 1.9TD, was absolutely terrible, quite economical but completely gutless. The new Audi is much better though
About the whole gutless thing - 0.8 seconds faster to 60 than my Punto, ahha I wouldn't call that a rocket!

My uncle had a 405 with the exact engine, passed up 280k mileage without a service for well over 90k before it started sounding like a bag of nails! They seem to be indestructible, I'll keep you posted on that.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rawb is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's made you smile today? angel Leisure Lounge 31640 12-01-2012 18:18
how it's made Jai Leisure Lounge 33 29-03-2008 18:23
Look what I made Helen100 Leisure Lounge 14 19-07-2007 16:14
i made it here i love my car Newbie Central 4 21-07-2006 12:32
look what i made today gaz.d Leisure Lounge 25 18-10-2004 21:15