Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2010   #31846
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Many thanks much love .
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31847
Moderator
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 4,215
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

You're welcome, in a deep voiced, hearty slap on the back, strong handshake, let's drink strong liquor kind of way.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

The Beard is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31848
is rather bored
 
Focus Owner's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a house
Posts: 7,466
Thanks: 64
Blog Entries: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Focus Owner has donated!
Wak the Sak Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
people who don't know how to enter or leave a motorway with out disrupting the flow of traffic
or people who drive in the trawler lane and are determined not to let you in. don't slow down / speed up to allow you to merge or move over.

i was behind a car on slip road doing 30, lucky it was quite a long slip road where i could overtake, my 1.2 8 valve would take ages to to 70 from 30 uphill.

what speed do you lot reach the motorway at?
i prefer 70 cause its easier to loose speed than gain it
Focus Owner is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31849
More ICE Please
 
volxstu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kent
Posts: 11,448
Thanks: 401
Trader Rating: 0
volxstu has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown View Post
what speed do you lot reach the motorway at?
i prefer 70 cause its easier to loose speed than gain it
Normally hit the road at about 90 going home from work.
Its geting to my work that it dificult. As i work out in the country the road i turn off on the Mway has no slip road so you have to slow right down to 40. There is always one idiot who wants to 90mph behind you.
__________________
Car Audio Goodness at its best for sale.
http://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds...?product=28141
volxstu is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31850
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown View Post
or people who drive in the trawler lane and are determined not to let you in. don't slow down / speed up to allow you to merge or move over.
you have enough slip road to adjust your entry speed to a bit slower or faster than them though
__________________
dave is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31851
is rather bored
 
Focus Owner's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a house
Posts: 7,466
Thanks: 64
Blog Entries: 2
Trader Rating: 0
Focus Owner has donated!
Wak the Sak Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
you have enough slip road to adjust your entry speed to a bit slower or faster than them though
not always.
especially if an oap was in front of you on your run up so your joining at 40
Focus Owner is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31852
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Wales
Posts: 3,134
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
jenks69 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

car has loads of stuff wrong, might be cheaper / easier to flog it at a loss and get something else.

Needs a timing belt (Hasn't gone but it's 20k passed it's due date)
Two front tyres
A new wheel
Drivers door window mech has broken (glass currently wedged in place with wood )
New suspension bushings on all corners

Still not got the van back either
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jenks69 is offline
Old 30-08-2010   #31853
SCO
Join Date: May 2010
Location: IOW, Dumfries & Galloway
Posts: 1,693
Thanks: 67
Trader Rating: 0
Vance has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quite a few accidents on the way to perth today, saw a nice gordini twingo with a massive ding in its boot an audi with a blown tyre and a lorry broken down.

All resulting in me nearly being late for work
__________________



Vance is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31854
Speedbump grimacer
 
Adrian Bravo's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North West
Posts: 4,425
Thanks: 184
Blog Entries: 3
Trader Rating: 1
Adrian Bravo has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

What car and engine?
Quote Originally Posted by jenks69 View Post
car has loads of stuff wrong, might be cheaper / easier to flog it at a loss and get something else.

Needs a timing belt (Hasn't gone but it's 20k passed it's due date)
Two front tyres
A new wheel
Drivers door window mech has broken (glass currently wedged in place with wood )
New suspension bushings on all corners

Still not got the van back either
Adrian Bravo is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31855
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Wales
Posts: 3,134
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
jenks69 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Bravo View Post
What car and engine?
Car is a 1.9 TDi VW Bora (1998)

Van is a 1.9 TD Scudo (1998)

and just had a txt from the GF her clio has cut out on the motorway (1.2 2000)

I fugging hate cars
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jenks69 is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31856
BRUM!!
 
maddogmorg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,771
Thanks: 48
Trader Rating: 0
maddogmorg has donated!
Bolivia 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Went to tax the car.
Walked to Cash machine, wasn't working, so had to walk into the 'village' then walked back towards the postie, when i got there, there was a massive cue, i can only assume other people taxing cars and worse, ebay sellers. and as i had the dog i wasn't comfortable leaving him tied outside for how long it'd take to que up. so just went home, will have to do it tomorrow, but expecting post of a part for the car tomorrow, so don't want to miss that.

also on the way home the dog did a poo
__________________
________
(________)
/...................\
( )..{║║║║}..( )
|\========/|
maddogmorg is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31857
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmorg View Post
Went to tax the car.
Walked to Cash machine, wasn't working, so had to walk into the 'village' then walked back towards the postie, when i got there, there was a massive cue, i can only assume other people taxing cars and worse, ebay sellers. and as i had the dog i wasn't comfortable leaving him tied outside for how long it'd take to que up. so just went home, will have to do it tomorrow, but expecting post of a part for the car tomorrow, so don't want to miss that.

also on the way home the dog did a poo
tax it online
__________________
dave is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31858
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Wales
Posts: 3,134
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
jenks69 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by jenks69 View Post
Car is a 1.9 TDi VW Bora (1998)

Van is a 1.9 TD Scudo (1998)

and just had a txt from the GF her clio has cut out on the motorway (1.2 2000)

I fugging hate cars
It's the timming belt on the Clio
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jenks69 is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31859
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,455
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by jenks69 View Post
It's the timming belt on the Clio
now you can tell her if she had got a punto 1.2 8v instead it wouldn't be nothing to cry about
__________________
dave is offline
Old 31-08-2010   #31860
BRUM!!
 
maddogmorg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,771
Thanks: 48
Trader Rating: 0
maddogmorg has donated!
Bolivia 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
tax it online
but it's currently SORN, and i want to drive it tomorrow. AFAIK you can only drive for 5 days before receiving the new disc, but only if the previous disc was upto the end of the last month? Plus i want to pay cash.
__________________
________
(________)
/...................\
( )..{║║║║}..( )
|\========/|
maddogmorg is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's made you smile today? angel Leisure Lounge 31640 12-01-2012 18:18
how it's made Jai Leisure Lounge 33 29-03-2008 18:23
Look what I made Helen100 Leisure Lounge 14 19-07-2007 16:14
i made it here i love my car Newbie Central 4 21-07-2006 12:32
look what i made today gaz.d Leisure Lounge 25 18-10-2004 21:15