Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010   #1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Australia 
Floor Mats

Ok so I bought some floor mats for my punto, question is it comes with these circle parts that are supposed to be placed in the floor. For the life of me I can't seem to work it out.

If anyone has put Genuine Fiat Floor Mats in their Punto, can you please explain how you connected those black circle parts into the fabric on the floor??

Pictures would be appreciated.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gsxr6OO is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-11-2010   #2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 853
Thanks: 42
Trader Rating: 0
middo85 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Floor Mats

Although the FIAT mats have plastic holes for fixing pegs the Grande Punto doesnt actually have the pegs fitted, at least mine doesnt.

Ive never found it to be a problem, they seem to fit without sliding around much anyway
__________________
09 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet Sporting - Exotica Red
Eibach Sportlines - Esseesse induction - Abarth lights - Mtec drilled discs
middo85 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-11-2010   #3
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Floor Mats

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr6OO View Post
Ok so I bought some floor mats for my punto, question is it comes with these circle parts that are supposed to be placed in the floor. For the life of me I can't seem to work it out.

If anyone has put Genuine Fiat Floor Mats in their Punto, can you please explain how you connected those black circle parts into the fabric on the floor??

Pictures would be appreciated.
My genuine Fiat mats had black circular plastic retainers that simply screwed into the carpet after marking up the correct position. The mat then went over the protrusion on the carpet mount & a tag was turned 90 degrees to lock the 2 parts together...

Can you post a picture of yours up?
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.

Last edited by Ffoxy; 03-11-2010 at 11:43.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-11-2010   #4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,454
Thanks: 125
Trader Rating: 2
colin79666 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Floor Mats

Screw the corkscrew looking bits into the carpet and then put the mat on top, then turn the latches to hold the mat in place.

The way to get it lined up is to put the mat in and then use a small screwdriver to punch through the holes in the mat into the carpet so you know where to screw the fixings in.

This photo might help:

__________________
colin79666 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-11-2010   #5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Australia 
Re: Floor Mats

Quote Originally Posted by colin79666 View Post
Screw the corkscrew looking bits into the carpet and then put the mat on top, then turn the latches to hold the mat in place.

The way to get it lined up is to put the mat in and then use a small screwdriver to punch through the holes in the mat into the carpet so you know where to screw the fixings in.

This photo might help:


My mats look different to yours.

Here are some photos.

This is the mat


This is the top of the part that goes into the carpet


This is the bottom part that goes into the carpet


Ideas or suggestions??
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gsxr6OO is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-11-2010   #6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Australia 
Re: Floor Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
My genuine Fiat mats had black circular plastic retainers that simply screwed into the carpet after marking up the correct position. The mat then went over the protrusion on the carpet mount & a tag was turned 90 degrees to lock the 2 parts together...

Can you post a picture of yours up?


Photos added mate
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gsxr6OO is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2010   #7
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Floor Mats

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr6OO View Post
Photos added mate
Cool... yours are very different to mine, I guess we'll never know who's (if either) are "Genuine Fiat" Mine came with the car when I got it, Sales said they were genuine...

Anyhow... sure to be someone on here will know how its done for your type...
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2010   #8
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Australia 
Re: Floor Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Cool... yours are very different to mine, I guess we'll never know who's (if either) are "Genuine Fiat" Mine came with the car when I got it, Sales said they were genuine...

Anyhow... sure to be someone on here will know how its done for your type...
Yeah picked mine up from the Fiat Service Centre the other day, but I'm in Australia so perhaps they have different stock, who knows.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gsxr6OO is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(S) Floor Mats wazzie Multipla 1 29-10-2009 19:46
(S) Floor mats Ant1974 Grande Punto 5 26-04-2007 00:59
(S) Floor Mats banner Barchetta 10 17-04-2007 14:14
(G) Floor Mats BenW Panda (Classic) 7 11-02-2007 17:57
(G) Floor Mats Ant1974 Panda 14 22-07-2006 12:51