Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009   #16
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 223
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Hi, well yesterday i had taken my car to a local garage for them to check my car ova regarding this clunkin noise,,he put it on the ramp an gave it a good lookin ova and he said there was nothin that he could find that would make the noise...the shocks where fine,,,an the supension was fine, also the exhaust was solid. i have just taken the left rear cluster off an looked behind it,,nothing there.

Its going into fiat tomorra mornin so hopefully they may find out what it is..if not ,,bomby night is comin along hehe. i will have my own fiat made bombfire lol.

Nah i will just have to live with it an go deaf with the loud music i will have to listen to to drown the clunkin noise out
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

clair80 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #17
Wish mine was a T-Jet :(
 
dannygp's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 2,668
Thanks: 63
Trader Rating: 0
dannygp has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Hola clair80! When you mean on uneven roads, do you mean that the knocking, clunking is in time with the bumps and not related to speed?

If so I had this, but unfortunately I can't tell you what it was, someone crashed into me and its come back fixed! I had exhaust checked as I was told it WAS that! Airbox?

If it is the same, it wont be any of them and I would really really like to know if Fiat know.

Merci
dannygp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #18
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 223
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

iya,,well alls i can describe the sound to is,,,its as if i have a box of wheel nuts strapped inside the left of the boot. the noise happens when goin ova bumps an over bumpy surfaces, its doin me head in lol. i've vaselined the boot latch up an even taped leccy tape around the boot latch thingy,,an made sure everythin rattle/clunk proof. when i drove around with the boot opened right up the noise is really really loud because the sound is coming into the cabin. god its wreckin me head lol
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

clair80 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #19
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by clair80 View Post
iya,,well alls i can describe the sound to is,,,its as if i have a box of wheel nuts strapped inside the left of the boot. the noise happens when goin ova bumps an over bumpy surfaces, its doin me head in lol. i've vaselined the boot latch up an even taped leccy tape around the boot latch thingy,,an made sure everythin rattle/clunk proof. when i drove around with the boot opened right up the noise is really really loud because the sound is coming into the cabin. god its wreckin me head lol
Not glass remnants from a broken back window before you had the car? You would hear them fall about every time you open the boot tho...

Rear seat belt reel rattling in the hatch post maybe?

Have you checked the wheel arch liners are secured properly?

Edit :- I remember I thought I had a rattle at the back which turned out to actually be the anti-roll bar drop link on the front....
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.

Last edited by Ffoxy; 04-11-2009 at 13:50.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #20
Wish mine was a T-Jet :(
 
dannygp's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 2,668
Thanks: 63
Trader Rating: 0
dannygp has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Not glass remnants from a broken back window before you had the car? You would hear them fall about every time you open the boot tho...

Rear seat belt reel rattling in the hatch post maybe?

Have you checked the wheel arch liners are secured properly?
Seat belt reel is one to check but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't make a noise as loud as shes talking about. I feel your pain. I spent 2 weeks trying to find it. I hoep you get it sorted soon
dannygp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #21
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 223
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

iya,, yeah i have checked everythin Foxy lol...i just feel like settin fire to the bloody car now lol. just hope to god the guys will find what ever it is tomorra..but got a feelin that they'll tell me everythin is fine :-(((
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

clair80 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #22
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by clair80 View Post
iya,, yeah i have checked everythin Foxy lol...i just feel like settin fire to the bloody car now lol. just hope to god the guys will find what ever it is tomorra..but got a feelin that they'll tell me everythin is fine :-(((
Theres 1 thing you haven't checked kidda... the thing that is rattling!

What did you use to check and / or tighten up the inner wheel arch liners?

Did you get all the plastic panels back on OK when the rear roof post was examined for the seat-belt reel check?

And rock the car hard side to side to see if its actually a "deferred" noise from the anti-roll bar drop link... if you dont check you wont know, and that = from your purse...
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #23
Wish mine was a T-Jet :(
 
dannygp's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 2,668
Thanks: 63
Trader Rating: 0
dannygp has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
And rock the car hard side to side to see if its actually a "deferred" noise from the anti-roll bar drop link... if you dont check you wont know, and that = from your purse...
Don't think she or I could do it hard enough to make it rattle lol

Fiat WILL know. In my experience the noise never stopped....unlike other problems when you take them to the stealers.
dannygp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #24
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by dannygp View Post
Don't think she or I could do it hard enough to make it rattle lol

Fiat WILL know. In my experience the noise never stopped....unlike other problems when you take them to the stealers.
Huh even I could and I'm old-ish...
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #25
Wish mine was a T-Jet :(
 
dannygp's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 2,668
Thanks: 63
Trader Rating: 0
dannygp has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Huh even I could and I'm old-ish...
It wouldn't be hard enough to make this noise. Trust me.

dannygp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #26
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 223
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

well,,i've been lookin for stuff on droplinks lol an i've found this video:-----

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...-8&sa=N&tab=wv#


when the guy moves the worn droplink thats the sound i get (but louder). so hopefully it may be worn droplinks...i'm prayin anyway !!

P.S its the very first vid an you'll have to higher the volume when he does it :-)x
Thanks dannygp thanked for this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by clair80; 04-11-2009 at 14:35.
clair80 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #27
Banned
 
punto_matt's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,565
Thanks: 713
Trader Rating: 0
punto_matt has donated!
Western Samoa 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

You are about 7ft though foxxy
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

punto_matt is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #28
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by dannygp View Post
It wouldn't be hard enough to make this noise. Trust me.

Is she Rally-crossing it? If it has to be pushed hard to make the noise I'd check the top mounts for the rear dampers mate...
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #29
Wish mine was a T-Jet :(
 
dannygp's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 2,668
Thanks: 63
Trader Rating: 0
dannygp has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Sounds about right cant see vid at work tho
dannygp is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 04-11-2009   #30
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Loud clunkin, noise coming from left rear

Quote Originally Posted by clair80 View Post
well,,i've been lookin for stuff on droplinks lol an i've found this video:-----

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...-8&sa=N&tab=wv#


when the guy moves the worn droplink thats the sound i get (but louder). so hopefully it may be worn droplinks...i'm prayin anyway !!

P.S its the very first vid x
I said that... Doh....
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Loud creaking noise at rear of car!!! Kerry1981 Punto (Mk2/2b) 8 01-11-2009 19:46
(T) loud cracking noise from rear suspension JTD105 deezel57 Bravo / Brava 4 18-08-2008 22:57
(T) 1996 Cinq 899cc Loud Tapping noise coming from engine Psytek Cinquecento / Seicento 20 15-06-2007 19:47
(T) noise coming from rear dreamboat Punto (Mk2/2b) 12 31-05-2006 10:50
(G) HELP! Shuddering noise coming from my front left wheel! VinylHogger Grande Punto 21 28-05-2006 22:57