Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2009   #1
What me?
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverhill, near cambridge
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
clemo has donated!
United Kingdom 
Broke my driveshaft???

hey guys, just gone to pull away in my gps to hear a F*** off cracking noise. now i have no gears. car goes no where
had a look with my old man and i think its the drive shaft and maybe linkage.
i still have warrenty does anyone no if this is stil covered?
im sure ill find out tomorrow when i ring up the W****rs at bury st edmunds who i have had nothing but trouble with already.

i can see it now they wont come and pick up the car unless i pay for it, they really do anyoy me over there.
anyway sorry for the ranting.

just wondered if anyone has had this happen to them?
__________________
forget yesterday, live for today, pray for tomorrow
clemo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #2
Banned
 
punto_matt's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,565
Thanks: 713
Trader Rating: 0
punto_matt has donated!
Western Samoa 
re: Broke my driveshaft???



If you have no gears why would it be your driveshaft? Do you hammer the car?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

punto_matt is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #3
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by clemo View Post
im sure ill find out tomorrow when i ring up the W****rs at bury st edmunds who i have had nothing but trouble with already.

i can see it now they wont come and pick up the car unless i pay for it,
With that attitude what do you expect!
__________________
http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk//
T14086 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #4
What me?
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverhill, near cambridge
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
clemo has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

no, i drive normally. i look after my car, 6 grand is alot of money for an apprentice. so not willing to throw it down the drain.would be the linkage aswell.
__________________
forget yesterday, live for today, pray for tomorrow
clemo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #5
West Wallaby Street
 
sledge's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Megawatt alley
Posts: 1,667
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
sledge has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Another g/box failure perhaps??.......cause to be determined
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

sledge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #6
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Macduff, Aberdeenshire
Posts: 1,493
Thanks: 29
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Dude, its spelt warranty! and, yeah, calling your stealers W&nkers won't do you good, especially when there could be a good chance they use this site as well!

I'll think I'll just keep out of the gearbox debate this time chaps! lol!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by steve119; 13-10-2009 at 21:29.
steve119 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #7
West Wallaby Street
 
sledge's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Megawatt alley
Posts: 1,667
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
sledge has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......I suppose you want them all just for the warm feeling they give you and NOT to increase speed/power........do I have to carry on??

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pun...gine-mods.html

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas" comment again"
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by sledge; 13-10-2009 at 21:35.
sledge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #8
What me?
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverhill, near cambridge
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
clemo has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......do I have to carry on??

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pun...gine-mods.html

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas comment again"

Yes, and thats stuff to be done, haven't done anything to it yet, and also just because i would have that stuff on my car doesnt mean i cant drive normally?

yeah and im a 3rd year apprentice and every penny i earn goes into my car for me to do the stuff i wanna do.

i dont fancy driving like an idoit and slamming 6 grand into a ditch.


and i call them W***ers because they didnt bother to tell me that they broke something just chucked it back in my car and hope i would notice a cover laying broken on my front seat.
__________________
forget yesterday, live for today, pray for tomorrow
clemo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #9
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by clemo View Post
Yes, and thats stuff to be done, haven't done anything to it yet, and also just because i would have that stuff on my car doesnt mean i cant drive normally?

yeah and im a 3rd year apprentice and every penny i earn goes into my car for me to do the stuff i wanna do.

i dont fancy driving like an idoit and slamming 6 grand into a ditch.


and i call them W***ers because they didnt bother to tell me that they broke something just chucked it back in my car and hope i would notice a cover laying broken on my front seat.
How long were the 17's on it for?
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #10
West Wallaby Street
 
sledge's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Megawatt alley
Posts: 1,667
Thanks: 122
Trader Rating: 0
sledge has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Yeah yeah.....and Alex Reid is dating Jordan just because of her sparkling wit, outstanding intellect and fantastic conversational skills.......The fact she bangs like a shi*-house door in a gale probably means nothing to him eh
Thanks punto_matt thanked for this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

sledge is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #11
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wigan
Posts: 506
Thanks: 29
Trader Rating: 0
Andy The Gardener has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
Yeah yeah.....and Alex Reid is dating Jordan just because of her sparkling wit, outstanding intellect and fantastic conversational skills.......The fact she bangs like a shi*-house door in a gale probably means nothing to him eh
__________________

Fiat Grande Punto Sporting
Andy The Gardener is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #12
What me?
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverhill, near cambridge
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
clemo has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
How long were the 17's on it for?
orginals were on it for 6months had my brakes checked and at some point one of the wheels got slightly damaged.

so i changed them.
because i did not like how the car handled.
only had those black one's on for less than 2 weeks
__________________
forget yesterday, live for today, pray for tomorrow
clemo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #13
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Macduff, Aberdeenshire
Posts: 1,493
Thanks: 29
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......I suppose you want them all just for the warm feeling they give you and NOT to increase speed/power........do I have to carry on??

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pun...gine-mods.html

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas" comment again"
thats a good point there actually sledge, and you know what my stance is on bullshtters!

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pun...ed-airbox.html

Its happening again folks!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by steve119; 13-10-2009 at 21:50.
steve119 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #14
What me?
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Haverhill, near cambridge
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
clemo has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

thanks guys,
thanks for all the help.
only wanted to know if it had happend to anyone else.
not a lecture on who, what, why, when im doing things to my car.
MY car MY choice.

as it is car is standard apart from wheels.
i drive normally.
and i've encountered a problem. i just want to know if anyone else had this problems thats all.

but thanks
__________________
forget yesterday, live for today, pray for tomorrow
clemo is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-10-2009   #15
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wigan
Posts: 506
Thanks: 29
Trader Rating: 0
Andy The Gardener has donated!
United Kingdom 
re: Broke my driveshaft???

Quote Originally Posted by steve119 View Post
Thats the first thing that came into my head when reading this thread.

As others have said, it isnt a good start calling the dealers w*nkers. If they did something wrong previously, then you should have complained and let them rectify it. If they still arn't 'upto the job' then try another Fiat dealership.
__________________

Fiat Grande Punto Sporting
Andy The Gardener is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) driveshaft Q... smila pants Cinquecento / Seicento 12 21-07-2009 09:14
driveshaft brophy1 Lets Talk FIAT 1 24-07-2008 09:53
(G) Driveshaft organician Marea 2 11-12-2007 22:14
(T) Is my driveshaft had it? dan-the-man Stilo 21 27-03-2007 23:08
(T) driveshaft Robin1600 Cinquecento / Seicento 4 11-03-2007 21:43