Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2008   #1
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cefn Mawr (Wrexham)
Posts: 457
Thanks: 5
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
De-cat T-jet

Just a quick question, has anybody de-catted there T-jet? Im going to get my car on the pit and see if this can be done easy enough.
__________________
The more you've got the more you want!!!
2008 Fiat Grande Punto Sporting T-jet in Carribean Orange with full leather, tinted rear 3 and blacked out rear lights, vinyled bumper and sprayed grilles. Currently dumping like a good 1 lol
Mid Wales meet 28th feb 2009 whos in???
Repsol Joe is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-11-2008   #2
Dub Dub Dub
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wrexham/Corby
Posts: 2,887
Thanks: 126
Trader Rating: 0
Aircooledbug has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

The cat sits under the hand brake area and should be easy to remove, but like I said to you before, MOT testers wont like it being removed
__________________
2006 Caribbean Orange 1.9 Multijet 130
Aircooledbug is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-11-2008   #3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cefn Mawr (Wrexham)
Posts: 457
Thanks: 5
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

I plan to do it so the cat can easily be replaced, dont have to worry about MOT for a few years either
__________________
The more you've got the more you want!!!
2008 Fiat Grande Punto Sporting T-jet in Carribean Orange with full leather, tinted rear 3 and blacked out rear lights, vinyled bumper and sprayed grilles. Currently dumping like a good 1 lol
Mid Wales meet 28th feb 2009 whos in???
Repsol Joe is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-11-2008   #4
Dub Dub Dub
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wrexham/Corby
Posts: 2,887
Thanks: 126
Trader Rating: 0
Aircooledbug has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Id see custom made exhaust places to see about getting it done
__________________
2006 Caribbean Orange 1.9 Multijet 130
Aircooledbug is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 23-11-2008   #5
Red all over the land
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 470
Thanks: 25
Trader Rating: 0
Kop32 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Why do you want to take it out for in the first place.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Kop32 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #6
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Telford, West Midlands
Posts: 875
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
Thomas_Si has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

I wouldn't if I were you, modern car engines have an oxygen sensor before and after the cat which the ecu uses to adjust the mixture.

If both these readings are identical, i.e you've removed the cat you can get running problems.

Best to be kind to the environment and get a sports cat to improve airflow, although to get full benefit you would need a new back box as well.
__________________
Fix It Again Thomas!!

1998 Fiat Punto 60 S 1.2L SPi
Now Driving
2006 Grande Punto Dynamic 1.2L 8V
Thomas_Si is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #7
Banned
 
punto_matt's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,565
Thanks: 713
Trader Rating: 0
punto_matt has donated!
Western Samoa 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Its a turbo they are usually fine when decatted, hasnt been done yet and probably doesnt need to be done as from what i have read/been told the Tjet exhaust is pretty free flowing anyway. Id wait till supersprint bring out there system for the Tjet next year and see if that has a decat option on it and go for that exhaust as it will better than any power flow sh!t if thats where you are thinking of going. If you are looking at going to a proper exhaust builder then you are going to be over 1k for an individual exhaust with decat and the flow rates calculated properly in it to gain maximum performance.

Oh and screw the environment we make no difference to it if you believe that you are well and truely deluded sorry to say
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

punto_matt is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #8
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: S.Wales
Posts: 447
Thanks: 13
Trader Rating: 0
Se7enHP has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Quote Originally Posted by punto_matt View Post
Its a turbo they are usually fine when decatted, hasnt been done yet and probably doesnt need to be done as from what i have read/been told the Tjet exhaust is pretty free flowing anyway. Id wait till supersprint bring out there system for the Tjet next year and see if that has a decat option on it and go for that exhaust as it will better than any power flow sh!t if thats where you are thinking of going. If you are looking at going to a proper exhaust builder then you are going to be over 1k for an individual exhaust with decat and the flow rates calculated properly in it to gain maximum performance.

Oh and screw the environment we make no difference to it if you believe that you are well and truely deluded sorry to say
Supersprint??????????
I would never desecrate my car in such a way.
Get down to a top customizer for best results.
Lucky for me Pro-Speed is a stones throw away, Charlie is by far the best exhuast specialist I have dealt with....... I'd use Charlie 67% of the time Everytime.
__________________
After owning a long string of French sports cars, 172, 205 GTI Mi16, 182 Trophy, 197 cup 172 cup, 182FF.... The Italian stallion 1.4 T-Jet... after years off the road I find myself back in an Exotica red M-Jet....... And I love it :-)
Se7enHP is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #9
Dub Dub Dub
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wrexham/Corby
Posts: 2,887
Thanks: 126
Trader Rating: 0
Aircooledbug has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Quote Originally Posted by Se7enHP View Post
Supersprint??????????
I would never desecrate my car in such a way.
Get down to a top customizer for best results.
Lucky for me Pro-Speed is a stones throw away, Charlie is by far the best exhuast specialist I have dealt with....... I'd use Charlie 67% of the time Everytime.
Location?
__________________
2006 Caribbean Orange 1.9 Multijet 130
Aircooledbug is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #10
Banned
 
punto_matt's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,565
Thanks: 713
Trader Rating: 0
punto_matt has donated!
Western Samoa 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Quote Originally Posted by Se7enHP View Post
Supersprint??????????
I would never desecrate my car in such a way.
Get down to a top customizer for best results.
Lucky for me Pro-Speed is a stones throw away, Charlie is by far the best exhuast specialist I have dealt with....... I'd use Charlie 67% of the time Everytime.
What?????????????????????

Supersprint are the only off the shelf exhaust that have proven gains on fiats. Its all well and good saying go to a top exhaust builder but when i dont know of any near me and dont trust the exhaust places that are near me what am i gonna do? Go for an exhaust that has proven gains or one where i dont have a club what its gonna do to my car performance wise?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

punto_matt is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #11
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South wales
Posts: 1,289
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
F/A-18 Hornet Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Se7enHP mate. Supersprint is far better than pro-speed.

ia gree tho charlie is a brilliant exhaust specialist. but its not him that carries out the work half of the time. Supersprint are RR proven off the shelf products. Charlies systems are not. trust us supersprint is the only way to go with a Fiat.


lee its in cardiff.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

clawliger is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: De-cat T-jet

Quote Originally Posted by LeePunto1.9 View Post
The cat sits under the hand brake area and should be easy to remove, but like I said to you before, MOT testers wont like it being removed
You might want to get your facts correct before you post in the future.
The cat on a 1.4 tjet grande is straight off the turbo as part of the downpipe and joins to a flexi and then to middle section and then backbox.

Ragazzon do a decat section as here: http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?targ...tegory_id=1360

Also that pipe looks very easy to bolt on and off come mot time..

More sections for a T-jet exhaust here: http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?targ...tegory_id=1360

Hope that helps.
Thanks Repsol Joe thanked for this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Poole is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #13
Banned
 
punto_matt's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,565
Thanks: 713
Trader Rating: 0
punto_matt has donated!
Western Samoa 
Re: De-cat T-jet

Quote Originally Posted by Poole View Post
You might want to get your facts correct before you post in the future.The cat on a 1.4 tjet grande is straight off the turbo as part of the downpipe and joins to a flexi and then to middle section and then backbox.

Ragazzon do a decat section as here: http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?targ...tegory_id=1360

Also that pipe looks very easy to bolt on and off come mot time..

More sections for a T-jet exhaust here: http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?targ...tegory_id=1360

Hope that helps.

er he was only trying to be helpful so why jump down his throat? You may want to pick a good company and good exhaust manufacturer to link to in future or dont bother posting
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

punto_matt is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #14
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: De-cat T-jet

Actually here infact are the Fiat Diagrams from my Eper. (Yes i work in parts)



__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Poole is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-11-2008   #15
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Re: De-cat T-jet

i expected a childish reply..
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Poole is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) new bravo 120 t-jet or 150 t-jet? sattyb Bravo 19 19-01-2013 18:33
(T) De-cat for T-Jet Beevz Grande Punto 31 19-04-2009 15:24
(G) 1 Yr old 150 t-jet or Brand New 120 t-jet Juliet Bravo Bravo 24 19-10-2008 12:05