Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-11-2008   #46
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
you crack me up sometimes Ffoxy! lmfao
I agree with you beany...everything obviously should have a safety net...but tbh I wouldn't want to take it past the tyre safety threshold because if something happens you're not covered and also I bet it would be pretty unstable!

duncs...as far as gps speedo's go...a sat nav speed reading will be a lot more accurate...but this can depend on how many satellite's it has to triangulate at that time. There should only really be a 10mph difference at very high speeds though...
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #47
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

I needed that laugh tbh off to a mates funeral today
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #48
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
I needed that laugh tbh off to a mates funeral today
sad mate sorry for you. You're young was your mate young too? Been to so many funerals in the last 4 years like... wow.... steel yourself up mate, funerals are tough.
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #49
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
sad mate sorry for you. You're young was your mate young too? Been to so many funerals in the last 4 years like... wow.... steel yourself up mate, funerals are tough.
thanks mate, yeah he was...he was 20...took his own life which makes you wonder because no one ever thought he had a reason to do it. Can't imagine what his family are going through though. this is the 3rd person from my secondary school to die in about as many months...what is happening to the world!

sorry,i'm off topic...
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #50
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
thanks mate, yeah he was...he was 20...took his own life which makes you wonder because no one ever thought he had a reason to do it. Can't imagine what his family are going through though. this is the 3rd person from my secondary school to die in about as many months...what is happening to the world!

sorry,i'm off topic...
Off topic yes but its bothering you so sod it...

Just let his family know they can call you or speak with you. They probably wont but a personal touch shows them you share their grief and you offer some support. Little things matter.
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #51
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Off topic yes but its bothering you so sod it...

Just let his family know they can call you or speak with you. They probably wont but a personal touch shows them you share their grief and you offer some support. Little things matter.
yeah it is actually...it's funny you know...we fell out about a year or so ago for no reason at all...he just stopped talkin to me and most of his other friends. but now I feel even worse for it because it makes you wonder if things had been different would he still be around?

yeah, already have done, and my parents have done the same...they're very private though so like you say, highly doubtful they will.
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #52
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
yeah it is actually...it's funny you know...we fell out about a year or so ago for no reason at all...he just stopped talkin to me and most of his other friends. but now I feel even worse for it because it makes you wonder if things had been different would he still be around?

yeah, already have done, and my parents have done the same...they're very private though so like you say, highly doubtful they will.
Its past mate, you live with it (baggage of life) Reminds of the lad at work I publicly took the pee out of for miss-diagnosing a fault... he put himself under a train that night. I felt awful guilty, but it turns out he had been suffering long term mental illness which he told no-one about and had been living in his van having been chucked out by his girlfriend...

Dont lay guilt on yourself, its damaging.
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #53
Stuff Your Own Title
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SCOTCH-LAND
Posts: 2,101
Thanks: 227
Trader Rating: 0
beany_bot has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
I needed that laugh tbh off to a mates funeral today
really sorry to hear that mate. Im crap in these circumstances all i can say is life will return to normal. Dont worry about being off topic. share all you want.
__________________
1.9 Multijet Sporting +Leather +Cruise +Climate
177.6Bhp 340Nm Torque - Cheesiest Sig Competition 2009 Powered By TBP
beany_bot is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #54
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Its past mate, you live with it (baggage of life) Reminds of the lad at work I publicly took the pee out of for miss-diagnosing a fault... he put himself under a train that night. I felt awful guilty, but it turns out he had been suffering long term mental illness which he told no-one about and had been living in his van having been chucked out by his girlfriend...

Dont lay guilt on yourself, its damaging.
yeah that's the way you have to go on I guess...I checked with his family that they didn't mind me and these friends coming and they seemed to agree about it all being in the past...doesn't change that you were best friends for all those years before does it!

Really sorry about that lad...you must have felt seriously **** at the time. thank god you found out what really happened though.

ah well...i'll leave you guys to get back on topic now as I need to get ready or else i'll miss the funeral and then I really will be a **** friend! thanks for tht Ffoxy, really appreciated
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #55
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
thanks for tht Ffoxy, really appreciated
Think nothing of it mate, I know you are a thoughtful lad and its a helping hand returned.

Tip is to enjoy every single day of your life, theres always somebody worse off and life is for living.

GPS's rock by the way!
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #56
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 724
Thanks: 17
Trader Rating: 0
Belgium 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by mehstg View Post
Another question for the more technical peeps, as I am feeling in an inquisitive mood today.

I was over at North Weald Airfield the other day as one of my friends works there and had the chance to take my Grande along one of the runways.

Took it up to about 115, but as the book top speed is 124, didn't want to take it any higher. The thing is, it got to 115 easily, and was still pulling hard....

I take it the fact it still pulls hard at 115 is due to the fact I have had it remapped. But obviously, other components have not been upgraded like the oil pump and i'd be worried about oil circulation at any speed higher than the quoted.

My question is, what really is a safe top speed for the car, and what damage happens if you go over this.






P


Why should you be worried about oil pressure at high road speeds? OK, you had a remap but does that make the ENGINE go any faster? The car, yes, but the engine? I don't think the engine will go much over 5000 RPM under any circumstances and then only in the lower gears.

Ok, as an example, before the remap you could get to 3400 RPM in the highest gear no matter the car speed. The engine's power peak was at 4000 RPM, but the long gearing prevents the engine from reaching it. Now let's say that after the remap you can get 3850 RPM because the higher power lets the engine reach a higher speed before the gearing overcomes it. 3850 is still below the original power peak of 4000, so you shouldn't have any durability or lubrication problems because of this. Your new power peak after the remap may be higher, but it's not going to change anything. Just use a good quality full synthetic oil and you'll be OK.

As there's a lot of chatter about speedo readings, I bought a new Alfa 75 3.0in 1988. After a long break-in I was able to see 152 MPH on the speedo and that was in Texas, no less when the limit was...55. So how fast was I really going? The owneer's manual said 137. Subtract 10% of 152, which is 15.2, from 150 and I was really going about 135.
__________________
Oh, the Monkey Wrapped his Tail.
Around the Flag Pole.
To let the Wind Blow.
Up his Arse Hole!!!
raton_laveur is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #57
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by beany_bot View Post
really sorry to hear that mate. Im crap in these circumstances all i can say is life will return to normal. Dont worry about being off topic. share all you want.
cheers beany...sorry I didn't see your post earlier but i'm replying now so it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Think nothing of it mate, I know you are a thoughtful lad and its a helping hand returned.

Tip is to enjoy every single day of your life, theres always somebody worse off and life is for living.

GPS's rock by the way!
thanks mate yeah, I try and be thoughtful...and occasionally act grown up but many thanks for earlier made me feel a lot better

yeah that's it...you're always doing better than someone else so you just have to be thankful for that I guess!

haha...they really really really do!

that's a good point btw Raton...
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #58
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,690
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Think nothing of it mate, I know you are a thoughtful lad and its a helping hand returned.

Tip is to enjoy every single day of your life, theres always somebody worse off and life is for living.

GPS's rock by the way!
Your like a dad to the forum lol
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline
Old 20-11-2008   #59
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Your like a dad to the forum lol
Thanks (i think....)
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline
Old 21-11-2008   #60
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,690
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: GPS 1.9 Multijet top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Thanks (i think....)
Yeah its a good thing . Your a similar age to my dad too just a lot more cool lol, my dad drives a boring Audi .
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) GPS Multijet Wheels wellfan Grande Punto 16 10-04-2008 17:22
(G) Where has the Multijet 90 6 speed gone? allanhelen Grande Punto 3 20-11-2006 20:19
(G) GPS Speed detector thing TrackyG3000 Stilo 16 17-11-2006 18:11
For all your GPS and Speed Camera Needs activematt Leisure Lounge 0 09-09-2005 09:52
(G) Multijet 5dr top speed PureTNT Stilo 6 23-05-2005 22:15