Register Login
Shop4Parts - UK's largest online superstore for FIAT and Alfa Romeo parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2008   #16
Jap Slut
 
puntokris's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Staffordshire & Reading
Posts: 2,714
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
puntokris has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Its best to name the companies.

Its not slating its simply stating what was predicted and what power was actually made.

Its fact not opinion.
__________________
C:\Users\User\Pictures\Type-r
puntokris is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-04-2008   #17
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by puntokris View Post
Its best to name the companies.

Its not slating its simply stating what was predicted and what power was actually made.

Its fact not opinion.

Yep for all we know this rolling road company has a habit of giving out wildly inaccurate figures.
__________________
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-04-2008   #18
Banned
Join Date: May 2005
Location: On da way 2 a new mission
Posts: 3,615
Thanks: 69
Trader Rating: 0
Oldschool has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post

Yep for all we know this rolling road company has a habit of giving out wildly inaccurate figures.
They haven't got a rolling road, this is why they come up with these figures.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Oldschool is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-04-2008   #19
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
I've had my 1.9 sporting remapped and decided to put it on the rolling road yesterday. it made 154.6bhp at the fly and 128.6 at the wheels and 232 ft lb of torque at the wheels (not sure of torque at the fly))
Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
They haven't got a rolling road, this is why they come up with these figures.

__________________
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-04-2008   #20
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 750
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
Shropshire_lad has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
They haven't got a rolling road, this is why they come up with these figures.
Surely they must develop their maps using a rolling road?

How can they quote me saying the map on my car on their test vehicle came out at 168bhp and mine should be +/- 3% of this?

Can't wait to get mine checked out...if it aint 160bhp+ I'll be pissed.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Shropshire_lad is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-04-2008   #21
Banned
Join Date: May 2005
Location: On da way 2 a new mission
Posts: 3,615
Thanks: 69
Trader Rating: 0
Oldschool has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire_lad View Post
Surely they must develop their maps using a rolling road?

How can they quote me saying the map on my car on their test vehicle came out at 168bhp and mine should be +/- 3% of this?

Can't wait to get mine checked out...if it aint 160bhp+ I'll be pissed.

How could Tony Blair say that Sadam....

The answer is the same: Words can bear a multitude of lies.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Oldschool is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #22
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kent
Posts: 118
Thanks: 2
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

sorry for the late reply, right as most of you have probably guessed it was angel tuning that mapped my car. it defiantly feels quicker and is slightly more economical but it just wasnt what i was expecting from what they had advertised. I'm going to book it in with red dot and have a see what they can do with it
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Squirrel is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #23
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Well glad everybody has managed to jump to a conclusion.

Despite the fact everyone knows RRs are never completely accurate and they almost always come up with different results to one another. A soon as someone has a GP tuned by someone other than GSR and Red Dot the knifes are out.


Didn't Angel tuning buy their maps from Red Dot in the first place?
__________________
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #24
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Well glad everybody has managed to jump to a conclusion.

Despite the fact everyone knows RRs are never completely accurate and they almost always come up with different results to one another. A soon as someone has a GP tuned by someone other than GSR and Red Dot the knifes are out.


Didn't Angel tuning buy their maps from Red Dot in the first place?
True yes, However, seeing as most of us have had our tuning done by Red Dot the Rolling Road details are accurate as far as comparisons between each other. And also, although a rolling road isn't totally accurate it's more accurate than a man with a van telling you that you've just got an extra 60 brake and then taking the money and running!

If Angel did buy their maps of Red Dot then i'm sorry but Red Dot are hardly going to give them the best maps are they? Because that would be putting themselves out of business to a point!

The knives are out but its for a reason. Most people who have had their cars tuned by Angel are quoted ridiculous figures that are nowhere near fact. 2 of my friends have used them and both are about 8hp off the mark...and when they're only quoted 12 or 15 from a remap that's alot off the mark!!

If angel were realistic and said well you could get this.... but you'll probably only get.... then that'd be fine...but they don't so that's the problem i guess.
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #25
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
True yes, However, seeing as most of us have had our tuning done by Red Dot the Rolling Road details are accurate as far as comparisons between each other. And also, although a rolling road isn't totally accurate it's more accurate than a man with a van telling you that you've just got an extra 60 brake and then taking the money and running!
Well in that case are we not glad the op had his car RR before the map?
Oh wait he didn't so we have no comparison do we?

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
If Angel did buy their maps of Red Dot then i'm sorry but Red Dot are hardly going to give them the best maps are they? Because that would be putting themselves out of business to a point!
So you believe that Red Dot purposely sold duff maps?

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
The knives are out but its for a reason. Most people who have had their cars tuned by Angel are quoted ridiculous figures that are nowhere near fact. 2 of my friends have used them and both are about 8hp off the mark...and when they're only quoted 12 or 15 from a remap that's alot off the mark!!
Most people? If you could provide evidence for this I would be happy to read it and then comment.

Quote Originally Posted by manthatkidisscrewed View Post
If angel were realistic and said well you could get this.... but you'll probably only get.... then that'd be fine...but they don't so that's the problem i guess.
Strange. When I had my map done by Angel I was told I could be looking to get upto 10bhp but the maps work differently on different engines. However flat spots are gone and the driveability of the engine are much improved.
So what is the issue there?


Note that before the OP even confirmed that his car had been mapped by Angel he was already getting stick for not using Red Dot and GSR. Hell the first post in response to this thread was an advertisement for Red Dot tuning day. FFS



Edit: I am not saying wether the map on the op cars is good or bad and I certainly wouldn't try and say that one companys maps are the best and you cannot find anyone better.
__________________

Last edited by Venters; 17-04-2008 at 11:30.
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #26
Jap Slut
 
puntokris's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Staffordshire & Reading
Posts: 2,714
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
puntokris has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Well glad everybody has managed to jump to a conclusion.

Despite the fact everyone knows RRs are never completely accurate and they almost always come up with different results to one another. A soon as someone has a GP tuned by someone other than GSR and Red Dot the knifes are out.


Didn't Angel tuning buy their maps from Red Dot in the first place?
But the conclusion everone jumped to was correct.

Correct, RRs are never completely accurate, but funny how angel maps have been seen to generally get less at more than one rolling road.

The fact that red dot live map and angel tuning don't shows that even if the software sold to angel is the same, every re dot map is different and tweaked to the car in question.
__________________
C:\Users\User\Pictures\Type-r
puntokris is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #27
bairns, not bombs.
 
Venters's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hades by the River Styx
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 377
Trader Rating: 0
Venters has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by puntokris View Post
But the conclusion everone jumped to was correct.
So the RR has been verified somewhere else now?


Quote Originally Posted by puntokris View Post
Correct, RRs are never completely accurate, but funny how angel maps have been seen to generally get less at more than one rolling road.
I've still to see the proof of this. alot of talk but little proof. Not syaing it's not true but I need evidence not hear say before I'll belive it. For all we know this car on a different road might make 190bhp then where do we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by puntokris View Post
The fact that red dot live map and angel tuning don't shows that even if the software sold to angel is the same, every re dot map is different and tweaked to the car in question.
I won't argue with that but then Fiat don't live map every car before they leave the factory so how much of a difference does this make?
__________________
Venters is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #28
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
So the RR has been verified somewhere else now?




I've still to see the proof of this. alot of talk but little proof. Not syaing it's not true but I need evidence not hear say before I'll belive it. For all we know this car on a different road might make 190bhp then where do we stand.



I won't argue with that but then Fiat don't live map every car before they leave the factory so how much of a difference does this make?
If you need proof then come down to the next rolling road day at Red Dot. You say your car has been mapped by Angel? Then get it on the rolling road and see how you feel with your results?

We don't slate angel for the sake of it. But the fact is Red Dot do provide an exceptional service at not only a reduced cost but with proof of the increase. Even if the rolling road is not accurate from one to the next if you have it RR'd before and then after the power increase is accurate 'cos you are using the same RR.

I will be bringing my mate with his C2 to the next RR day and he has an Angel map. This should provide some evidence aswell.

If your/anyone else's Angel map is perfect and you get exactly what is quoted then I will take back everything I said.

Also, on the subject of selling duff maps...If you look at formula one...Ferrari provide the engines to several teams. But they obviously give them the previous years engine not the newest and best engine...Its the same thing with remaps...why would you sell your best stuff to the competition? And if Angel were any good then they would produce their own
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #29
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

buy a faster/more powerful car
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

T14086 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-04-2008   #30
The Flaming Man
 
manthatkidisscrewed's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 51
Trader Rating: 0
manthatkidisscrewed has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Rolling Road

Quote Originally Posted by T14086 View Post
buy a faster/more powerful car
Or a bigger engine =]]
__________________
Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v
106bhp | 85.49ft lb
GSR Tuned | Custom Audio System | Chrome Grille Surround | Eibach Sportlines | Xenon Headlights
My Cars Thread <-- Comments Please
manthatkidisscrewed is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) GP 1.4 on Rolling Road jdr Grande Punto 3 26-11-2006 09:04
(G) rolling road MintySport Cinquecento / Seicento 11 09-09-2005 13:49
what is rolling road? beau Lets Talk FIAT 9 24-06-2005 17:05
Rolling Road M21MFS Events 2 14-12-2004 22:51
(G) my cinq on rolling road! fimmo Cinquecento / Seicento 24 31-05-2004 14:36