Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2008   #1
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

hello! this is really weird for me , my 1st car was a 1999 nissan almera esteem 1.4i and im just getting a fiat! my second car , i dont have a clue what to expect!!!


I have been looking around and i cannot find any information on my car in which I am getting, its a :

2007 1.3TD 5 door grande punto dynamic 90 bhp 6 speed!!!! with the blue interior.

Its a pre registered plate and i have seen the car and all it has on the clock is 24miles!!!(delivery miles) i am getting it for 7999 would you say that is a good deal?what what are peoples opinions on this car? I mainly need it for the miles as i do 350miles a week .My current car drinks petrol like an alcoholic!

Now i have heard rumours that this 6 speed 90bhp car people can get 70-mpg is this true?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #2
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Quote Originally Posted by h2hax View Post
hello! this is really weird for me , my 1st car was a 1999 nissan almera esteem 1.4i and im just getting a fiat! my second car , i dont have a clue what to expect!!!


I have been looking around and i cannot find any information on my car in which I am getting, its a :

2007 1.3TD 5 door grande punto dynamic 90 bhp 6 speed!!!! with the blue interior.

Its a pre registered plate and i have seen the car and all it has on the clock is 24miles!!!(delivery miles) i am getting it for 7999 would you say that is a good deal?what what are peoples opinions on this car? I mainly need it for the miles as i do 350miles a week .My current car drinks petrol like an alcoholic!

Now i have heard rumours that this 6 speed 90bhp car people can get 70-mpg is this true?
Yes that seems a good deal. You've done well to find one of that spec as Fiat have stopped making the 90bhp 6 speed. This is probably due to the fact everyone moaned about turbo lag. Don't worry it isn't that bad you just have to adapt your driving style slightly and give it a bit of rev's before setting off into a round about.

As for economy id say 62-65mpg is a realistic figure for a motorway run and 50ish around town. The biggest obsticle is finding out how best to drive it to economy. I too do 320miles+ a week so I feel your pain! .
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #3
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Yes that seems a good deal. You've done well to find one of that spec as Fiat have stopped making the 90bhp 6 speed. This is probably due to the fact everyone moaned about turbo lag. Don't worry it isn't that bad you just have to adapt your driving style slightly and give it a bit of rev's before setting off into a round about.

As for economy id say 62-65mpg is a realistic figure for a motorway run and 50ish around town. The biggest obsticle is finding out how best to drive it to economy. I too do 320miles+ a week so I feel your pain! .
Might be worth a dabble with that FIAT memory stick which is used as a Datalogger (F1 style) They claim it can teach you to drive more economically.
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.

Last edited by Ffoxy; 17-03-2008 at 12:35.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

lol i no i was going to go for an 08 plate 1.3 dynamic but the dealer said he has got a rare car to show me , then i saw it and fell in love , my current car i top up about £46 a week on a 50L tank n i get 320 miles on it , so im really looking forward to this car!

yea iv heard about this turbo lag what is it? i have never driven a turbo before , im going to test drive the car tomorrow , already put a deposit down so he wont advertise it anyway lol , the dealer had the car in a deal with another dealer (if you get that) , he got the car on friday morning and i came in friday morning so he didnt get chance to advertise the car i put down £250 deposit straight away cuase i new it is a rare car.

with it being a turbo will i hear it kick in , in high revs and hear me change gears like a dump valve?

many people have told me not to get a fiat its rubbish and always breaks down etc.... but i checked every manufacturer and for what i need it for it went to fait! so it fits all my criterias!

i was going to pay extra £600 for a spoiler and side skirts , basically make it look like the 1.2 special edition striped car but im unsure , what do you think? i thort , it being a rare car as it is , make it even more rarer by making it special edition :P
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

ooo forgot to add the computer is stil in ITALIAN!!! LOL aint been touched after production stil has all the stickers on when it came out of factory and i helped pulling it all off and a new car looks **** untill they clean it up lol , loads of sticker residue on it
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #6
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Basically turbo lag is a lack of power and sluggishness until the engine hits a X number of rev's before the turbo spools up to full boost. Basically this means you need to put some revs on before you pull away to get the turbo at least partially spooled up ready for you to pull away.

Yes you are likely to hear the turbo but it will mostly be a faint whoosh/whitle in the background. And no you won't heard a Dump valve / blow off valve as they use a recirculating one which vents the dumped gas back through the intake system.

Don't listen to people's uneducated slur again fiats reliability. They are what you pay for. On the Grande Punto it tends to be little niggles that are rectified easy and quickly, the mechanics are very good. The GP platform was co designed by GM (Vauxhaul) anyway they use it for the new corsa.

Yes if you can afford it I would go for skirts and spoiler it really finishes the car off . Maybe get it done after as dealers rip your pants off for body work.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #7
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

o the dealer offered me £600 for the stripe and side skirts n spoiler official fiat parts and take 5 working days to do, hmmm im really looking forward to this car il try and get pictures of it tomorrow and post them if i can
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chester
Posts: 353
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Hmm, 90bhp and 6 spped box is the ealrier cars - changed to 5 speed gearbox in late 2006, then the engine was changed to the current 75bhp version.

I assume this is an 07 plate ? - bear in mind you have already lost 1 year of the warranty, as the warranty starts the day the car is registered, not when you drive it away.

I reckon you could get another £250 or so off for no part ex.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

percymon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #9
I Need Beer
 
allanhelen's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,924
Thanks: 100
Trader Rating: 0
allanhelen has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Don't expect to drive around getting 80mpg, if you drive around the turbo lag (which you will) you be in the 40's
__________________
No FIAT's any more and nothing else sensible either
allanhelen is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-03-2008   #10
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Quote Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Hmm, 90bhp and 6 spped box is the ealrier cars - changed to 5 speed gearbox in late 2006, then the engine was changed to the current 75bhp version.

I assume this is an 07 plate ? - bear in mind you have already lost 1 year of the warranty, as the warranty starts the day the car is registered, not when you drive it away.

I reckon you could get another 250 or so off for no part ex.
thats what i thought but this is an 07 plate pre registered and it is 90bhp, yeah only get i think another 2 years of warrantee?although he said that he would renew it , as the 1st owner was fiat them selves but they didnt touch it nor use it , so im getting it second hand but brand new if you get it ; the plastic bag with manuals n stuff stil in boot cant wait get to test drive it tomorrow
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2008   #11
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worksop
Posts: 915
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Maybe a re-map will help fix the turbo lag and give it more power. Usually more MPG Look into it!
__________________
Now running a BMW 330D MSport Saloon with 272bhp @ 446ft-lb torque.
Baby Oliver 17/10/2010

Last edited by Tym; 18-03-2008 at 00:19.
Tym is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2008   #12
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Quote Originally Posted by Tym View Post
Maybe a re-map will help fix the turbo lag and give it more power. Usually more MPG Look into it!
It will help but it wont fix it. And yes you can expect more MPG when driving normally. 120bhp is possible.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2008   #13
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chester
Posts: 353
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

There is the same scenario on a Bolero Red one i was interested in at a Fiat delaer in somerset - this is a 5 speed one, so a bit later than the 6 speed. Again its a 90bhp model, registered May 2007, 10 miles on the clock. 5 door dynamic with optional metallic paint and front fog lights.

Its stickered at £7745 - might be of interest to you.

Dynamic 1.3 multijet, 90ps
5dr
Bolero Red,
Standard Features:
Body coloured bumpers, door handles and door mirrors.
Leather Steering wheel and gear knob.
15" 10 spoke alloy wheels.
Fiat code engine immobiliser.
Remote central locking.
Dualdrive electric power steering.
Height and reach adjustable steering column.
Follow me home headlights.
Internal boot release.
Electric front windows.
Air conditioning.
Height adjustable drivers seat.
60/40 Split folding rear seat with Isofix brackets.
Full size spare wheel.
CD player with steering wheel controls.

Non standard features:
Front fog lights.
metallic paint

Foray Motor Group, Bridgewater, Somerset

http://www.motoring.co.uk/cars/FIAT_...c-0019d1e2b15a

__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by percymon; 18-03-2008 at 10:35. Reason: link n pic added
percymon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2008   #14
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

ooooo looks nice , but i want the 6 speed 1 , insurance is expensive for me i gt 4 rude boi points on my license (*cough*street racing when there was a marked police car behind me !!!*cough*what a goon!!!)im 21 in july and i got quoted £1200 fully comp. with 2 years no claims,thats with kwick fit insurance which must be new!im just an hour away from test driving my new and 1st fiat YAYE!!!!!!

So with the car being re-mapped can i get more MPG?cause iv had a fast japanese car with sound system in etc.... and now i want a grown up mature car and i want mpg over speed.

BTW!!! im selling my sound system in my old car :
1X 800watt toxic 4 channel bridgable amp
1X 80AMP gold plate fuse 900 watt power cable
1X Low frequency oxygen free , directional ,gold plated VIBE phono cable(for subs)
1X Standard Phono cable
1X remote lead
1X Ground Lead
1X set of 230watts 6x9's erm JL i think:s
1X pioneer headunit thats got direct sub drive and sub control and hi pass n low pass filter
1X 750watt rms 10inch Sub with enclosure (forgot make)
1X Noise Suppressor (Ground loop isolator)


Il get pictures of my new fiat and il post them in here for your opinions , 1 hour away now
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

h2hax is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-03-2008   #15
Moderator
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,687
Thanks: 370
Trader Rating: 1
ChrisUK has donated!
Bartender Champion, Wood Firing Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: 2007 1.3 6 speed 90bhp

Quote Originally Posted by h2hax View Post
ooooo looks nice , but i want the 6 speed 1 , insurance is expensive for me i gt 4 rude boi points on my license (*cough*street racing when there was a marked police car behind me !!!*cough*what a goon!!!)im 21 in july and i got quoted 1200 fully comp. with 2 years no claims,thats with kwick fit insurance which must be new!im just an hour away from test driving my new and 1st fiat YAYE!!!!!!

So with the car being re-mapped can i get more MPG?cause iv had a fast japanese car with sound system in etc.... and now i want a grown up mature car and i want mpg over speed.

BTW!!! im selling my sound system in my old car :
1X 800watt toxic 4 channel bridgable amp
1X 80AMP gold plate fuse 900 watt power cable
1X Low frequency oxygen free , directional ,gold plated VIBE phono cable(for subs)
1X Standard Phono cable
1X remote lead
1X Ground Lead
1X set of 230watts 6x9's erm JL i think:s
1X pioneer headunit thats got direct sub drive and sub control and hi pass n low pass filter
1X 750watt rms 10inch Sub with enclosure (forgot make)
1X Noise Suppressor (Ground loop isolator)


Il get pictures of my new fiat and il post them in here for your opinions , 1 hour away now
Theres a free classifieds section on the site. Put all your stuff in there with some pics I'm sure it will sell .
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ChrisUK is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) How many GP's are there on the forum? spacecowboy Grande Punto 379 26-10-2010 23:34
Fiat Coupes Photoshoot In Putrajaya, Malaysia LAMOO Clubs 2 31-12-2007 09:52