Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19-02-2011   #61
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 799
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
M21MFS has donated!
United Kingdom 
Well mind and put up a proper ad for this in our For Sale section...and stick around here too, you don't have to own a Fiat to post up. And more reason to watch out for a coupe I guess
__________________
New sig coming 2020..
M21MFS is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #62
by name and by nature
 
muppet42's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Posts: 807
Thanks: 37
Trader Rating: 0
muppet42 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Shame you need to get rid, but good luck with the sale

Was going to say as well if you were looking at 20VTs about the insurance. Been looking at them myself and it's not the cheapest in terms of quotes by some stretch. Good luck with the hunt
__________________
muppet42 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #63
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,598
Thanks: 78
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
i too have been looking at 20vt's, oddly for me, i can insure one for the same as an alfa 156 jtd and less than an sdi skoda octavia.....welcome to the wacky world of insurance quotes
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #64
Dubster's Dad
 
Andi9386's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 177
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Andi9386 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Mrcento
i too have been looking at 20vt's, oddly for me, i can insure one for the same as an alfa 156 jtd and less than an sdi skoda octavia.....welcome to the wacky world of insurance quotes
So for you to insure a 20VT Coupe, is the same as insuring an Alfa 156 JTD???? WTF?? & yet it would cost more to insure a Skoda??? weird.
My Insurance went up £70 to insure the GP, as I transfered the insurance policy over from the Sei.
might have a wee look at quotes for a coupe, may or may not be cheaper for me, as I'm just a bit older than Mark.
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by ycming View Post
Owning it is the easiest thing keeping it on the road is the fun bit
Andi9386 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #65
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,598
Thanks: 78
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Andi_F
So for you to insure a 20VT Coupe, is the same as insuring an Alfa 156 JTD???? WTF?? & yet it would cost more to insure a Skoda??? weird.
My Insurance went up £70 to insure the GP, as I transfered the insurance policy over from the Sei.
might have a wee look at quotes for a coupe, may or may not be cheaper for me, as I'm just a bit older than Mark.
yup, to make it clear how crazy it is

alfa 156 jtd- 140bhp, insurance group 14.
Skoda octavia 1.9 sdi, 67bhp- insurance group 5
Fiat Coupe 2.0 20v- 220bhp- insurance group 19...... the coupe is the same as the alfa but the skoda, 14 insurance groups lower and 150bhp less = 150 more to insure
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #66
Dubster's Dad
 
Andi9386's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 177
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Andi9386 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Mrcento
yup, to make it clear how crazy it is

alfa 156 jtd- 140bhp, insurance group 14.
Skoda octavia 1.9 sdi, 67bhp- insurance group 5
Fiat Coupe 2.0 20v- 220bhp- insurance group 19...... the coupe is the same as the alfa but the skoda, 14 insurance groups lower and 150bhp less = 150 more to insure
That's just stupid.
So the lowest Insurance grouped car is the most expencive to insure??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by ycming View Post
Owning it is the easiest thing keeping it on the road is the fun bit
Andi9386 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2011   #67
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,598
Thanks: 78
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Andi_F
That's just stupid.
So the lowest Insurance grouped car is the most expencive to insure??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
in a nutshell, yes.

however, if i go for a coupe turbo + model, which is no faster only differences are a 6spd gearbox, a starter button and a different alloy design, the insurance goes up by over £800, for some reason though they have decided a 5spd is insureable for me.

insurance seem to work it out by thinking of a random number X by 8 the - 4 then add a 0 on the end. it's totally made up and seems to have no bearing on the actual car getting insured.
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-02-2011   #68
Dubster's Dad
 
Andi9386's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 177
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Andi9386 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Mrcento
in a nutshell, yes.

however, if i go for a coupe turbo + model, which is no faster only differences are a 6spd gearbox, a starter button and a different alloy design, the insurance goes up by over £800, for some reason though they have decided a 5spd is insureable for me.

insurance seem to work it out by thinking of a random number X by 8 the - 4 then add a 0 on the end. it's totally made up and seems to have no bearing on the actual car getting insured.
Hmmm very strange.

It's like my insuarnce going up by £70.
Seicento Sporting 1.1 engine- group 3
Grande Punto Dub 1.2 engine- group 2, yet it's more expencive....
__________________
Quote Originally Posted by ycming View Post
Owning it is the easiest thing keeping it on the road is the fun bit
Andi9386 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump