Grande Punto Guides

I decided to write this guide to help with Dualogic gearbox problems after seeing a Brazilian mechanic that has a youtube channel and deals with Dualogic gearbox repairs. He channel is very popular (search Motortech dualogic) and has even had...
Hey All Just in the midst of replacing the starter motor on my Daughter in Laws Punto. Replacement has 10 teeth, while the original has 9 teeth. The Car Parts supplier are adamant that it is the correct part for the vehicle. They say that the...
Replacing the Handbrake cable on a Grande Punto Tools needed: Trolley Jack Axle Stands 13mm Socket 17mm Socket (for your wheels) Flat head Screw Drivers 10mm Spanner Pliers T27 Torque Key Handbrake Cable Blocks of wood Torch or work light...
Heater Fan/Motor leaf and debris removal First things first, locate the position of the heater fan and surrounding ducting. The heater fan/blower and air flow ducting are directly under the glove box on the passenger side as shown (no need to...
Firstly. I have done this on my own car. You follow this guide at your own risk. I am not resposible for any damage done to your car or person. Ok quite simple really take a flat blabe to the drivers window controll panel. i found it easier to...
DIY valve clearance adjustment job is not that hard (just tricky). Try it! 0. Disconnect the battery (after job is done, you will have to set date and time, that's it). Then remove air filter box (as a whole or check air filter too - six, 7 mm...
Today I am going to show you how the change the oil on a 1.3 Multijet Diesel, this will apply to both the 75bhp and the 90bhp versions. You will need a set of car ramps [you could use a jack and axle stands, its just more hassle] a 6 point...
Fuel pump in the petrol engine should make 3,5 bar (little drop is acceptable, like 0,1-0,2 bar, no problem - it must be serious drop to cause problems, like a half or full 1 bar). Pressure on the rail in the engine bay, in theory. But you can...
First off you need "type 286 12v 1.2w" Bulb/s available from most motor factors ideally you want to change them all as usually if one is at the end of its life all the others will have had the same amount of use so wont be far behind you will...
First off this is a fairly complex task with the added hazard of having to remove the coil spring which is under a fair amount of tension so care should be taken..... Tools needed 2 jacks (ideally if not some blocks of wood will do in place...
Tools and equipment: 5mm Allen Key 8mm, 10mm, 13mm sockets, ratchet, and extension bar (ideally 200mm / 8" long) Small flatblade screwdriver Large flatblade screwdriver or trim popping tool Philips / crosshead screwdriver Small...
Sway-bar (anti-roll bar) links and/or bushings DIY replacement is easy. If you will do rubber bushings, lift the whole front up, both wheels. Undo the drop-link top nut. Impact wrench is a good thing. But there's no space around the bottom...
Working on your car brakes need's a lot of care if you are not 100% confident you can get the job right seek the help of a mechanic.... kit needed in addition to chocks and jack and stands..... brake cleaner, coper grease hammer BIG flat...
This is intended as a guide only if your in any doubt over you ability to do this consult a qualified mechanic as your brakes are rather important bit of an add on to this guide as im not going over the intimate details of pad removal again for...
Replacement of faulty (for example leaking) clutch slave cylinder is fairly easy. There are many manufacturers, many styles of hydraulic actuators. Doesn't matter much which one you buy, just pay attention to the bolt hole pattern and hydraulic...
Leaky axle seals replacement guide (five-speed manual gearbox C514.5). Not so complicated, but not for complete beginners (definitely not for the very first DIY job). When you see puddle of oil under the car or smell burnt oil, it's typically...
Contents - Swap Out Rear Springs Diff 2/5 - Swap Out Front Springs Diff 3/5 - Recomended Safety Test's Diff 1/5 Tool's Required - Jack - Axle Stand's / Lift - Socket Set ~ M12 -Spring Compressors [BREAK=Swap Out Rear Springs] Removing (...
Firstly make sure that you have the correct replacement wiring loom. There are two different versions - one for cars without air-conditioning and one for cars that have it. The looms that Fiat supply now have been modified so that the problem...
So this guide applies to a Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet but will no doubt be suitable for any car that has the same engine. I had the odd whiff of diesel fumes coming into the cabin mainly with the car stood in traffic, or at first start up, I put...
Disclaimer - Please note that this is a guide only and I take NO responsibility for any damaged caused to yourself or vehicle whilst using this guide. If you are unsure how to do something leave it to the professionals. I followed the below...