Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2019   #1
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Van wonít start

I posted the other day about my 2010 Fiat Doblo 1.3jtd diesel van
It still wonít start and when it does it only revs to 1000 Revs
They have checked the Ecu no faults
Changed the cam and crank sensor
Still the same
Anyone got any ideas
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Markosvan10 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-01-2019   #2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 19,968
Thanks: 710
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

Ive no idea who has been looking at it.. or what diagnostic methods they have employed

1000 rpm whilst not running.

Does this mean it will idle.. but not rrv?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-01-2019   #3
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

Quote Originally Posted by varesecrazy View Post
Ive no idea who has been looking at it.. or what diagnostic methods they have employed



1000 rpm whilst not running.



Does this mean it will idle.. but not rrv?


Yes sometimes it will start sits at 1000 revs for 5/10 seconds then cuts out
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Markosvan10 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-01-2019   #4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 19,968
Thanks: 710
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

The non starting is the clue.

So.. it cranks reliably..and has good fuel rail pressure.

You are missing a fundamental.

Again I will ask : what have they used to diagnose this?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-01-2019   #5
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

Quote Originally Posted by varesecrazy View Post
The non starting is the clue.



So.. it cranks reliably..and has good fuel rail pressure.



You are missing a fundamental.



Again I will ask : what have they used to diagnose this?


Not sure they have been using a
snap on reader thing that plugs into the obd port. And he said there was no faults come up other than that I donít know sorry itís a garage that the AA use they took it there
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Markosvan10 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-01-2019   #6
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 749
Thanks: 57
Trader Rating: 0
irc has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

Just re-read your previous thread....
Just to get it clearer, it ran OK, and then started the strange behaviour.
Garage checked it, took ECU off, etc., refitted it and it was OK again.
Now it has started playing up again.

If that's right then it's possible that there may be a bad connection somewhere in whatever was disturbed at the garage, which improved temporarily after being touched, and has gone bad again.

Try using some contact cleaner on the ECU, MAF and other connectors.
Check the main and ECU Earth cables.
Had something similar to this after some really bad weather last year. Turned out to be a combination of loose MAF connector and knackered earth cable.
__________________
irc
Panda Sporting MultiJet 1.3 "Diesel Weasel"
Panda Sporting MultiJet 1.3 "Pig"
Panda Eleganza Dualogic 1.2 "Magic Panda"
irc is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-01-2019   #7
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Van wonít start

Quote Originally Posted by irc View Post
Just re-read your previous thread....
Just to get it clearer, it ran OK, and then started the strange behaviour.
Garage checked it, took ECU off, etc., refitted it and it was OK again.
Now it has started playing up again.

If that's right then it's possible that there may be a bad connection somewhere in whatever was disturbed at the garage, which improved temporarily after being touched, and has gone bad again.

Try using some contact cleaner on the ECU, MAF and other connectors.
Check the main and ECU Earth cables.
Had something similar to this after some really bad weather last year. Turned out to be a combination of loose MAF connector and knackered earth cable.


Will let them know thankyou
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Markosvan10 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) MK2b won't start, won't turn over. Creepy Nick Punto (Mk2/2b) 21 19-12-2014 16:09
(T) Van won't start. lenka Ducato 1 06-01-2014 20:27
(G) Van won,t start larrylee Doblo 4 02-02-2013 16:52
Doblo Van won't start Andy7 Newbie Central 0 11-11-2012 13:55
(T) engine won't start won't bump start engine seized ? seanhyde Cinquecento / Seicento 43 23-01-2012 14:33