Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2005   #1
Became old and sensible
 
MrDerv's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Durham
Posts: 2,664
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
MrDerv has donated!
United Kingdom 
Dash lights lit when key removed?

Ok, my dad has a bit of a dodgy problem with his 52 plate Doblo, for some reason when he removes the key from the ignition, more often than not, a few warning lights appear on the dash and say on until the next time the key is inserted again.

The lights appear at random, so it's never the same warning light the next time, which is wierd.

It also appears that sometimes his CODE light comes on when engine is started and running, although it doesn't affect the operation of the car .


It has me confused, first logical choice would be to send it back to Fiat, but i would like anyone's thoughts and experiences, as i would like to resolve the problem if poss , little electrical gremlins playing about :P

Any ideas?
__________________
Current Garage
Mine: 2013 VW Passat Sport BlueMotion Tech 2.0 TDI Stage 2 Mapped
Hers: 2007 Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Auto Dynamique

MrDerv is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-08-2005   #2
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Dash lights lit when key removed?

No harm in trying the old 'disconnect battery for 10 mins'.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

T14086 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-08-2005   #3
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,724
Thanks: 8
Trader Rating: 0
wolfracepunto has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Dash lights lit when key removed?

Quote Originally Posted by T14086
No harm in trying the old 'disconnect battery for 10 mins'.
It worked for me
__________________
BMW 123d M Sport Auto
'10 Focus ST-3 Gone
Hornet 600 K8 Sold
wolfracepunto is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-09-2005   #4
Became old and sensible
 
MrDerv's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Durham
Posts: 2,664
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
MrDerv has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Dash lights lit when key removed?

Tried, but not sorted it
__________________
Current Garage
Mine: 2013 VW Passat Sport BlueMotion Tech 2.0 TDI Stage 2 Mapped
Hers: 2007 Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Auto Dynamique

MrDerv is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 21-09-2005   #5
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Re: Dash lights lit when key removed?

Quote Originally Posted by brickfoot
Ok, my dad has a bit of a dodgy problem with his 52 plate Doblo, for some reason when he removes the key from the ignition, more often than not, a few warning lights appear on the dash and say on until the next time the key is inserted again.

The lights appear at random, so it's never the same warning light the next time, which is wierd.

It also appears that sometimes his CODE light comes on when engine is started and running, although it doesn't affect the operation of the car .


It has me confused, first logical choice would be to send it back to Fiat, but i would like anyone's thoughts and experiences, as i would like to resolve the problem if poss , little electrical gremlins playing about :P

Any ideas?
now this wont cure it but i wanted the radio to stay on at all times so i looped the constant live in the back of radio to the ignition live.Thought that would be it but when i looked at the dash all thelights were on.Maybe similar sort of problem, but check alternator for over charging.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jazz462@tiscali.co.uk is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-09-2005   #6
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Dash lights lit when key removed?

Quote Originally Posted by jazz462@tiscali.co.uk
now this wont cure it but i wanted the radio to stay on at all times so i looped the constant live in the back of radio to the ignition live.Thought that would be it but when i looked at the dash all thelights were on.Maybe similar sort of problem, but check alternator for over charging.
Obviously the constant live was feeding back through the ignition switch,cant see the alternator affecting the dash lights,still maintain body computer problem.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

T14086 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Dash lights CHARLIE-CINQ Cinquecento / Seicento 17 25-12-2006 00:35
(T) Missing lights on dash PuntoTuning Punto (Mk2/2b) 0 17-01-2005 18:18
(S) Dash Lights darkcircuitUK Punto (Mk2/2b) 0 23-11-2004 19:57
(T) Flashing Dash Lights andyb2003 Punto (Mk2/2b) 0 08-08-2003 03:24
Dash Lights gaz.d Leisure Lounge 0 17-05-2002 16:17