A few years back I had two 500's that I wanted to restore, one as a Giannini tribute and the other as an Abarth. I finished the easy project (the body was in near perfect pre-restore condition), whilst the more challenging body, has taken much longer to get to the point of being 80% done - Now, I just can't see it getting done - it is a RHD by the way.
So I'm selling off the body shell (on rotisserie with all panels needed for completion - wings, bonnet & front panel) which will come with it's glass and rubbers. All other parts sold separately; the engine, gearbox and running gear - In fact I have about 98% of the parts for a full car. Nearly all of which are either new or refurbished - I would like to sell some of the big items first, such as the engine and box. That way I am committed.
Whilst were in lockdown, I have the time to reply properly to questions, send pics / video's etc. I have pictures showing different stages of the shell, but nothing showing it's present state. It's in a workshop on the other side of the county with no access until after lockdown.
1. Blue printed / tuned engine: 650cc engine, stripped, blue printed and tuned (balanced crank, ported gas flow-drilled head, warm cam, new cylinders / pistons, new timing chain selected from half dozen for best fit, new oil pump, new oil dish on front of pulley, new cam followers, hardened valve seats pressed in, tricked up valves, new collets and valve springs, new fuel pump, block was vapour blasted, 123 electronic ignition distributor (best there is, in my opinion), New jetted 28mm carb, Stainless steel exhaust, new exhaust manifolds, aluminium push tubes from Nanni Ricambi, RAL 5012 powdercoated tinware, alternator, rebuilt starter, Aluminium valve cover & Sump - Abarth) - All machining done by Automotive Services Northampton (well known for 500 engine tuning) The engine in the picture has since been completed (will be started with basic settings in the next couple of days). The picture of the conrods, balanced crank, steel cam etc is to show some of what went into blue printing & balancing - there's a limit of 6 pics but I can send as many as I have by email
2. Gearbox - New / Old stock 650 - NOW SOLD fitted with 500 drive shafts by The Gearbox Centre Northampton
3. Lighting H4 Headlamp conversion kit NOW SOLDwith chrome bezels - Impossible to get now
4. Suspension: Refurbed rear suspension arms RAL 5012 powder coated, new front suspension arms, front / rear new sports shocks from Frank in Holland, rear progressive springs New - RAL 5012
5. Wheels: Abarth alloys NOW SOLD - dark met grey, with new tyres
6. Brakes / hubs: all four wheel hubs with brake linings and cylinders mounted - plates media blasted and powder coated 5012
7. New petrol tank NOW SOLD
8. Steering (RHD): Knuckles & steering box (only available once bodyshell has been sold)
9. Windscreen wiper motor & Assy RHD (only available once bodyshell has been sold)
10. Abarth Mat set NOW SOLD (new)
11. Steering wheel: (white with steering column/ rod)
12. Rear polished aluminium number plate light - new
13. New leaf spring, media blasted, powder coated to RAL 5012 and reassembled.
14. Pedal set RHD powder coated RAL 5012 available once the bodyshell has been sold
15. Pedal set LHD power coated RAL 5012
16. Assortment of other small new components; Canvas roof (new choice of black or white) with mechanism, stainless wiper blades, and other cables all new, Abarth badges, Bullet door mirror.
17. Front Fiat Emblem - Moustache wings type metal (not the cheap plastic type)
Those of you that have known me over the years will know that I've never bought cheap parts for my projects, so the parts are premium where available. With regards to the engine, again, I used tried and tested approaches and didn't hold back when it came to costs.
I'll be starting the engine in the next day or so with basic tuning, I'll post a video when that's done.