Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009   #1
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 426
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

anyone have any idea as to who is the best for tuning the bravo diesel 165 and what type of gains im lookin at.. or even just name some diesel tuning companies..

iv bin in touch with diesel Tuning Uk so far and bin plannin to meet him a few times but never had time to get down there he was gona show me which chip i needed since its not listed on his website..

any ideas on any other companies?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

craig20102010 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-06-2009   #2
Telford's Own...
 
Ffoxy's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,824
Thanks: 373
Trader Rating: 0
Ffoxy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by craig20102010 View Post
anyone have any idea as to who is the best for tuning the bravo diesel 165 and what type of gains im lookin at.. or even just name some diesel tuning companies..

iv bin in touch with diesel Tuning Uk so far and bin plannin to meet him a few times but never had time to get down there he was gona show me which chip i needed since its not listed on his website..

any ideas on any other companies?
Try Red Dot Racing for a re-map unless it's definitely a chip job you are set on.
__________________
Ex Suzuki SV1000S jockey, now a former 1.9 MJet Grande Punto Sporting pilot curently driving a Hyundai i30 1.6 Premium.
Ffoxy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-06-2009   #3
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 426
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Ffoxy View Post
Try Red Dot Racing for a re-map unless it's definitely a chip job you are set on.
well i guess it would have to be a chip since its like able to be set to back standard if i ever wanted it to be.. plus for the warrenty on the car as well.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

craig20102010 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-06-2009   #4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

I thought ur car only done 8k or so miles? I will wait until it done at least 15-20k miles before do any mod. to it. My 150mjet just done 32k and more miles I put on her the quicker it get, I've book her in to red -dot to get the remap done on one of the RR day this month, by the time she should have around 34k miles on her.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

STILO NEWBIE is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-06-2009   #5
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 426
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by STILO NEWBIE View Post
I thought ur car only done 8k or so miles? I will wait until it done at least 15-20k miles before do any mod. to it. My 150mjet just done 32k and more miles I put on her the quicker it get, I've book her in to red -dot to get the remap done on one of the RR day this month, by the time she should have around 34k miles on her.
why does it get quicker as more miles have been put on i would of thought the engine would of been run in by 10k miles...? (which its done now)

Im mainly doin it to get smoother acceleration and fuel eco but obviously its going to be more powerful even when its mapped for economy.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

craig20102010 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-06-2009   #6
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 21
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Tuning Chip for 165 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by craig20102010 View Post
why does it get quicker as more miles have been put on i would of thought the engine would of been run in by 10k miles...? (which its done now)

Im mainly doin it to get smoother acceleration and fuel eco but obviously its going to be more powerful even when its mapped for economy.
Hi Craig, don't know the reason, the miles I put on my car, the better/quick it go, some member from the Stilo sectioned reported the car getting keep getting quicker after 60k miles!!!
Anyway, I thought you might interest that post:
https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/1969...ml#post2138858
I just fitted a tuning box to my 150mjet as I missed out the RR day, but the box seem to be working, my GF bought it from ebay for my, only 99!!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

STILO NEWBIE is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi everyone!!! New guy here, getting my new Bravo 165 Sport on Thursday!! Plon71 Newbie Central 4 18-08-2009 15:04
(G) CRD tuning multijet chip tuning box now fitted deebee 500 15 16-02-2009 00:16
(T) Chip Tuning CCCTech Bravo / Brava 0 25-04-2003 06:55