Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1066
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 10,697
Thanks: 508
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Maybe this is the Covid equivalent of turning down the car radio to being to better see the house you’re looking for when you arrive in the road you’re heading too.

Somehow lowering the mask helps you see better?
Likes mowermender70 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1067
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 199
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Been told by my Doc to remain staying as isolated as possible or at least 2m away from all but own household, wait for it.....


for another 3 months, what does my Doc know the Gov dosn't ?
looking at the increase in cases and reverse in lockdown I agree with the Doc, however my boss has gone Ape...........
so much for the 1st of August as told by the PM
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

09 johno is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1068
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 199
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

double post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by 09 johno; 1 Week Ago at 17:23.
09 johno is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1069
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 10,697
Thanks: 508
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by 09 johno View Post
Been told by my Doc to remain staying as isolated as possible or at least 2m away from all but own household, wait for it.....


for another 3 months, what does my Doc know the Gov dosn't ?
looking at the increase in cases and reverse in lockdown I agree with the Doc, however my boss has gone Ape...........
so much for the 1st of August as told by the PM
I’m guessing you’re supposed to be shielding and thus have some condition that means you really don’t want the virus
Likes 09 johno liked this post
__________________
Maker and voice behind the YouTube channel PuntoHowTo 10k subscribers can’t be wrong

And now the owner of a shiny new PuntoHowTo Drivetribe
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1070
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,962
Thanks: 1465
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by 09 johno View Post

for another 3 months, what does my Doc know the Gov dosn't ?
he knows you, the government only knows money
Likes 09 johno liked this post
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1071
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Thetford
Posts: 563
Thanks: 46
Trader Rating: 0
andydiver has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

As unfortunate as it is for those involved the government has never explicitly said that those who are truly shielding should take risks beyond their ability to self manage.
And one other thing, because it has to be said: when this started the only thing anyone involved in armchair politics, including the official opposion could suggest was that we get in a time machine and stock pile safety gear which would have lasted a few weeks anyway, when the people actually working were facing a **** storm bigger than anyone could individually imagine.
When you insult Boris the way you have been you insult very often all of those front line staff who were doing their best, as very many decisions had to be made on levels well below central Gov, and no shade of party could help them in the time available.
Thanks jimboy thanked for this post
Likes portland_bill liked this post
Dislikes jimboy disliked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

andydiver is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1072
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 10,697
Thanks: 508
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

I’m defiantly not a big fan of boris’s handling of this situation but now watching PMQ is a joke as starmer one day says lockdown is too prohibitive the next it’s not enough. Or there is not enough ppe and the nhs is not supported, then they wasted money in the nhs on this or that. The man needs to decide what he is fore or against and stick to it, at the moment he is making Boris look good which takes some doing.

The NHS front line staff have done an amazing job and the public have really helped by mostly sticking to lock down, my worry now is they have lifted many of the lock down restrictions about 2 weeks too early, just another two weeks and we’d have smashed it, now I thing there could be a big second wave especially with the “whack a mole” plan.
Likes dave liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1073
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: highlands
Posts: 2,877
Thanks: 136
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by andydiver View Post
As unfortunate as it is for those involved the government has never explicitly said that those who are truly shielding should take risks beyond their ability to self manage.
And one other thing, because it has to be said: when this started the only thing anyone involved in armchair politics, including the official opposion could suggest was that we get in a time machine and stock pile safety gear which would have lasted a few weeks anyway, when the people actually working were facing a **** storm bigger than anyone could individually imagine.
When you insult Boris the way you have been you insult very often all of those front line staff who were doing their best, as very many decisions had to be made on levels well below central Gov, and no shade of party could help them in the time available.

Pressed the wrong button, meant to be liked. Using a tablet at the moment and my fingers are too big at times.
Likes portland_bill liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

jimboy is online now Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1074
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Faringdon, Oxfordshire UK
Posts: 6,835
Thanks: 536
Trader Rating: 1
portland_bill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
Pressed the wrong button, meant to be liked. Using a tablet at the moment and my fingers are too big at times.
The Like and Dislike buttons will toggle for a short time, so errors can be corrected by pressing the button again. I don't know how long this lasts though. Until you know this of course, anyone would be reluctant to press again, in case it then adds a double-dislike.
Luckily I found this when I pressed the like button twice in error and the like disappeared.
__________________
13 years motor trade, 16 years motor industry. 16 years Driving Instructor & 9 years Fleet Trainer
Panda Alessi (2015 Skoda Fabia)

Last edited by portland_bill; 1 Week Ago at 09:18.
portland_bill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1075
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 10,697
Thanks: 508
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

https://youtu.be/1s1lP9eh7VY

There are at least 3 people in this video that I have worked along side, including a good friend and incredibly bad ass critical care specialist nurse Emma, made me well up seeing them on this video but didn’t take Leona Lewis’s screaming long to knock the shine off the moment.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1076
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,962
Thanks: 1465
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRKett View Post
https://youtu.be/1s1lP9eh7VY

There are at least 3 people in this video that I have worked along side, including a good friend and incredibly bad ass critical care specialist nurse Emma, made me well up seeing them on this video but didn’t take Leona Lewis’s screaming long to knock the shine off the moment.
do you ever bump into dr kate? https://www.fiatforum.com/members/katejxt/ works in ipswich i think now
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1077
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 10,697
Thanks: 508
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
do you ever bump into dr kate? https://www.fiatforum.com/members/katejxt/ works in ipswich i think now
Can’t see her face from the picture and don’t know what her real name is, so hard to say, I’ve not worked in the trust for a while now but my wife might know her, doctors move around a lot but they then bump into each other at regional trainings and other events all the time.
__________________
Maker and voice behind the YouTube channel PuntoHowTo 10k subscribers can’t be wrong

And now the owner of a shiny new PuntoHowTo Drivetribe
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1078
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,962
Thanks: 1465
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

not sure if she would want her surname name on an open forum, it begins with a d and is the same as a man with an orange face iirc
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1079
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 23,889
Thanks: 882
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
not sure if she would want her surname name on an open forum, it begins with a d and is the same as a man with an orange face iirc
Kate d'Outspan ..?
Likes jackwhoo, mowermender70, dave liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is online now Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #1080
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,962
Thanks: 1465
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Coronavirus - The Thread :(

I got a phone call from the hospital today about appointment on saturday and they said they give people a mask to wear even if you have your own, as they don't know what people have been doing with their own masks or how long they have been wearing the same one.
They must have seen the same dirty buggers i've seen with minging masks
Likes portland_bill, varesecrazy liked this post
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump